Blackberry Storm (con't)

Im seriously thinking about switching to the TouchPro2....Ive been playing around with one at work for about the last month.... the only thing is I dont want to get rid of my Blackberry Messenger...BBM will KEEP you with Blackberry. Its kind of like when AOL first game out with those free trials.... people were sticking with it because of the instant messenger until later they found out they could just download aol instant messenger lol.

You do know you can use BB Messenger on windows mobile right? I'm not sure how it works with Verizon but I know we have a service to where if you have a windows mobile phone you can get a bb messenger app and they give you a monthly fee and assign you a pin to be able to use it. I was going to do it but I already have live, yahoo im, aim, and palringo on my pro 2 so I didnt really see the need. Plus my bill free and if I got that they would've made me pay lol. I told you that pro 2 is the isht though... and that's just the stock rom. Thats why I love windows mobile because its just so much you can do to it. Check out this site and it'll make you want that pro 2 even more. Plus WinMo 6.5 is coming out in December.

Do a search for xda developers on google and go to the messageboard and just look through some of the forums.

You do know you can use BB Messenger on windows mobile right? I'm not sure how it works with Verizon but I know we have a service to where if you have a windows mobile phone you can get a bb messenger app and they give you a monthly fee and assign you a pin to be able to use it. I was going to do it but I already have live, yahoo im, aim, and palringo on my pro 2 so I didnt really see the need. Plus my bill free and if I got that they would've made me pay lol. I told you that pro 2 is the isht though... and that's just the stock rom. Thats why I love windows mobile because its just so much you can do to it. Check out this site and it'll make you want that pro 2 even more. Plus WinMo 6.5 is coming out in December.

Do a search for xda developers on google and go to the messageboard and just look through some of the forums.

yeah my sup has was a Verizon beta tester for the TouchPro 2 before it came out on Verizon.... he never used the phone so I would get it and mess around with it at work...The Opera mini that comes standard is a nice web browsing on the TouchPro.... I hated the IE web browsing that was standard on most windows mobile phones.

Now when it comes to web browsing Safari on the Iphone is hands down the best that I have delt with.

Dahill,

Whats the word on the Storm 2??? My BB giving me the blues but I am not up for my new every 2 until late Oct. If you tell me the Storm 2 will be out then I will hold on... I want to hold on brother.

Also I am loving the buy a Tour get a netbook free. I just ordered my Tour for work today :tup:

I may have to wait until the press conference for 3rd quarter results... thats usually when the CEO announces whats coming out for the next quarter..... so I should know something pretty soon. Ill let you know as soon as I find out some info.

I've never used my bb messenger :noidea:

you serious? If you have any friends with Blackberry.... u may want to try it out.... Its just so much easier than sending a text... you cant send pictures, voice messages through it also.

Yea the internet explorer mobile is pure garbage... I never use it. There are 2 browsers I use mostly, skyfire and opera.. not the mini one though. Safari is pretty good for browsing but it doesnt have flash... opera does. The thing I use it for the most when i'm at home is internet tethering though. Hell I had my cable internet disconnected because I get high speed 3G speeds by pluggin my phone into the laptop.

Y The thing I use it for the most when i'm at home is internet tethering though. Hell I had my cable internet disconnected because I get high speed 3G speeds by pluggin my phone into the laptop.

58096_z4.jpg

the best investment I have ever made... kills teathering... I can connect up to 5 devices at one time.. Its basically a walking wifi connection... I just put it in my pocket and go.

you serious? If you have any friends with Blackberry.... u may want to try it out....

Yep....I tried it with a friend from work but couldn't get it to work. I guess I'll need to get out that manual.....

CJ do you know if yall are getting the Omnia II? That's probably gonna be the hardest phone out when it drops but I havent heard whether we're getting it or not. If Verizon get it I might buy it and do a ESN swap and use it on sprint.

CJ do you know if yall are getting the Omnia II? That's probably gonna be the hardest phone out when it drops but I havent heard whether we're getting it or not. If Verizon get it I might buy it and do a ESN swap and use it on sprint.

It will be coming soon... I didnt like the Omnia 1.... thats a female phone.

Crackberry says the Storm is heading to Best Buy Oct. 25th
Crackberry

read the story closely... that was a misprint... if the storm was coming out next month.. we would definitely know something about it..... when a phone liek the storm comes out we HAVE to be prepared for it... it was UGLY last year... luckily I dont work in customer service anymore.

this is the Storm 2 that I keep seeing..

Cheap-BlackBerry-Storm-2.jpg

I seriously doubt if the Storm would come out with the same exact phone they have out now without 4 buttons.

The video of the test storm2 and the pictures I have seen look like the picture below. This is the Storm 2 and Storm side by side.

BlackBerry-Storm-2-Vodafone1.jpg

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WRyaA1YVirY&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WRyaA1YVirY&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The video of the test storm2 and the pictures I have seen look like the picture below. This is the Storm 2 and Storm side by side.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WRyaA1YVirY&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WRyaA1YVirY&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

man that ish wouldnt make me upgrade from a Storm 1 to a Storm 2.... now if I didnt have a Storm and I would wait to get the Storm 2... but the things he is talking about are SMALL.... First of all I dont text the way he does.... I text in horizontally...I dont snap pictures all day on my phone...LOOKS the same minus the buttons... and 2 once again THIS ISNT THE STORM 2. This is vodophones version of the Storm.

man that ish wouldnt make me upgrade from a Storm 1 to a Storm 2.... now if I didnt have a Storm and I would wait to get the Storm 2... but the things he is talking about are SMALL.... First of all I dont text the way he does.... I text in horizontally...I dont snap pictures all day on my phone...LOOKS the same minus the buttons... and 2 once again THIS ISNT THE STORM 2. This is vodophones version of the Storm.

Yea I dont really see a point in making that upgrade... not really much difference to me aside from the buttons.

Yea I dont really see a point in making that upgrade... not really much difference to me aside from the buttons.

thats how I know thats not the proposed Storm 2... a software download would do the exact same thing.

I went to the Verizon store and asked them. Dude told me that they had actually just viewed it today and that its supposed to be coming out in December. He said only difference is its all touch screen no buttons on the bottom of the screen like the current one...and the typing feature is supposed to be better. He didn't say anything about different apps or anything, and I can't remember the price but I think he said it will be more than the price of the current one when it first came out. Oh and its a little more slimmer than the current one too. I couldn't wait, my service in Bham is garbage with Sprint and I was ready to switch my service, so I went ahead and got the Storm. It was cheaper than the Tour and I didn't want the Curve. I just need to learn how to use this sucka now. :lol:

exactly. that is the Storm 2, which is why I wasn't gonna wait for it because I was having service issues and a phone was not my reason for switching. no big visual difference except the buttons, its slimmer, and keyboard is easier, allegedly. have no clue about the difference in software.

I had the Storm when it first came out, changed it for the 8830 now I have it again. And I still want the Storm 2 based on the everything I read it will be a much better phone. Oct 25th was the latest date I heard.

We have phones that are so much better than the Storm that just came out (2 of them).... and will be releasing 4 Android phones in the next month. We just entered a partnership with Google at the beginning of the week.

We have phones that are so much better than the Storm that just came out (2 of them).... and will be releasing 4 Android phones in the next month. We just entered a partnership with Google at the beginning of the week.

I am a blackberry addict! I can't deal with other phones lol I had the sidekick for all of a month and hated it.

I am a blackberry addict! I can't deal with other phones lol I had the sidekick for all of a month and hated it.

Trust me.... Im the same way... a Blackberry is the only phone Ive had over the last 3 years....

I got my hands on the HTC TouchPro2 and HTC Imagio(came out earlier this week)... and it was a different story.

4th quarter is going to be a GREAT year for Verizon, phone wise.

Back