Blackberry Storm (con't)

Fiyah

Administrator
Staff member
What apps have you downloaded and whats special about your phone that you like.

I've downloaded WeatherBug, Google Maps and Slacker Mobile (radio). I hate that Verizon has the gps locked and I can't use Loopt.

I'm still trying to get used to the new style of texting/typing. :lmao: Hopefully a friend of mine will help with the downloads. :tup:

Just updated my google maps that includes the new Latitude feature. You and friends can see where eachother are on a map.

bought two Saturday and I love it. It may not be the iphone but it not as bad as the reviews. BB has worked out the kinks since it intial release.

Have there been problems with the storm? I am due to get a phone soon and I was thinking about getting the storm.

The wifi stuff really isn't a problem since you have a built in browser to get on the internet.

horrible MYTH..... the only people that NEED wifi are customers other than VZW customers and thats because their network is slower. With Verizon you dont need wifi.

Would wifi make the internet go faster? If you have wifi you wont need to pay for a data plan right?

horrible MYTH..... the only people that NEED wifi are customers other than VZW customers and thats because their network is slower. With Verizon you dont need wifi.

Wifi is faster than 3G period. Thats documented in the tech specs. Wifi antennas also use less power than 3G antennas and do cause less of a battery drain.

Whether you need Wifi is not a question of whether you have a data plan or not. They are not completely interchangeable. The question is whether you need to access resources locally (office or home network) or whether you are able to access them through a VPN tunnel via your carrier network. If you don't have a need to access your office intranet or what you need is made available outside the office of your home then you don't need wifi. If you'd like to browse the internet faster while at home or in the office and/or want to save battery then you may want wifi. If your service provider offers airtime free calls over wifi then of course you want wifi.

The best solution and the one that will be most common in phones from here on out is to have both.

Finally got my phone updated with the new software. I had problems trying to do it thru my phone and with my desktop so i just took it to Verizon to have them do it. It seems to have made a difference with some things I was having trouble with.

Anybody else update their software or had/having any problems.

What troubles were you having. This guy friend of mine has storm and his would freeze alot.

Back