Black College Athletes Seem To Be Waking Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
We need to start a movement. A REAL ONE. One kid out of 1000 is a start but im still tired of picking our kids last. You cant even blame the parents for wanting to send their kid to the P5 the way this is all set up. We need them "ALL" to find their way back home.

We need to start a movement. A REAL ONE. One kid out of 1000 is a start but im still tired of picking our kids last. You cant even blame the parents for wanting to send their kid to the P5 the way this is all set up. We need them "ALL" to find their way back home.

PREACH!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
But, we still need to take care of the players that signed with us from the beginning.

We need to step into the 21st century with with athletic programs.

- strength and conditioning
- Nutrition
- We need to build programs.

If our adminstrators are not be proactive in what is about to come as far as these top prospects possibly coming to our schools and everything that comes with it then they need to get out of the way for more capable people who understand that building top level programs will attract most of these athletes. We have a commissioner who everyone trusts but now we need presidents and ADs who understand the importance of what's happening right now instead of doing what they are used to doing.

I wish these young men and ladies would go to some of these white teams fan pages and read the political posts. Nothing but Trump, "All lives matter", "What about Chicago", "athletes can't be oppressed", "thugs", etc. Folks support you on Saturday when you can run and score, but basically think you're n-words every other day of the week.

Yes. But, we all have to do our part as Alumnus, and administration.

This. Collectively, we are HORRIBLE at giving back. We will wait for one of our celebrity alums (ex. Oprah) to donate $2 million (which she recently did), but also 20,000 alums each donating $100 = the same $2 million. Not enough of us believe in giving back.

That said, administration is responsible for implementing modernized methods of fundraising and options for alumni giving, and we're missing the mark there as well.

And don't even talk about the mismanagement (or stealing) of the little money that we do have, which is another reason some are hesitant to contribute.

I wish these young men and ladies would go to some of these white teams fan pages and read the political posts. Nothing but Trump, "All lives matter", "What about Chicago", "athletes can't be oppressed", "thugs", etc. Folks support you on Saturday when you can run and score, but basically think you're n-words every other day of the week.

tom herman is doing his best at white damage control to quell his natives lol :D .

I'm sure saban and the others will follow suit shortly.

I don't think any of those folk will awaken from that lying slumber they are in. They seek the affirming pat on the head from their anglo coaches and their anglo fans too much.

That's ultimately all that is important to them.

I don't know about Saban. He and Swinney are cut from the same cloth...he is just smart enough to keep his mouth closed somewhat.

herman started cackling a few weeks ago in their local paper. It was nothing short of pure anglo damage control. Numerous other anglo HCs will follow suit to quell any uprising of independent eye-opening thought by their "colored" natives.

The best black HS players dont attend predominantly black HS’s. Let’s start there. I remember in my hometown of Birmingham, Alabama when Hoover high school became big. They were cherry picking kids from the inner-city. Inner-city schools are the feeder programs for HBCUs, yet the depth of athletic talent is not what it used to be. It's rare to even see an inner city school when a state championship in fball or even make a deep playoff run.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back