Black College Athletes Seem To Be Waking Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Okay.
I'm sure all hbcus not just swac schools would love to get all of the five stars and four stars. I would love to at least get the two and three stars. We're letting those go to Troy and Louisiana Tech and Stephen F Austin. Let's get those and get better teams talent-wise then the rest will follow. Now don't be dismayed the day you realize that we as HBCU alums and schools will treat those kids the same way they are treated for the most part at the pwi. When their time is finished playing and they don't finish getting their degree they would have had a chance at a good education and would have had good culture but they'll still be out on the street the same way. What we have to do is give them a chance to make good decisions based on our good features and benefits. If we don't have enough features and benefits they will continue to choose other schools. That is simple and that is fact.

It is different...you should know how. If not...oh well.

They want our experiences but pride won’t let them. Take away Power 5 alums that are black athletes, I RARELY see any interaction with the smaller regional PWCs. It’s like they immediately separate like they never wanted to be there.

I Know someone who turned down a swac school his momma went to and went to the worst school in his FBS league. He had a year left, graduated early and hung the pads up. Said he hated it and has zero connection to the school and now the parents will see wishes they went to our schools as they see the kids suffered and are lost culturally so they try to make it up other ways.

There are tons of them like that - lost cause they chased a running dream that never was a good one.

I think there's a lot more behind his Twitter post than just this picture, and he needs to come out and say it because it does make him look like a "snowflake". Come on, you mean to tell me you're just now finding out coach Gundy was like this? He probably doesn't want to burn the wrong bridges, but he's not making a good case for himself publicly. I'm sure there's a lot more he's not telling about the culture in Stillwater.

They want our experiences but pride won’t let them. Take away Power 5 alums that are black athletes, I RARELY see any interaction with the smaller regional PWCs. It’s like they immediately separate like they never wanted to be there.

I Know someone who turned down a swac school his momma went to and went to the worst school in his FBS league. He had a year left, graduated early and hung the pads up. Said he hated it and has zero connection to the school and now the parents will see wishes they went to our schools as they see the kids suffered and are lost culturally so they try to make it up other ways.

There are tons of them like that - lost cause they chased a running dream that never was a good one.
And those who are not athletes and maybe some who are and did not make it rarely get support afterwards. A friend of mine is constantly telling stories of those who come for advice and guidance after going to the other schools. Some do get help but the vast majority do not.

Last edited:

Nah. It was Gundy who caved. Covering that program for two years, Gundy rarely ever conceded on anything. Hubbard forced him -- through his tweet (and other players backing him up) -- to make nice or he would not have been long for that program.

Just say I’m in the Transfer portal and my recruitment is open ASAP and that’ll get to the point quickly. Everything else is moot to me.

Its tough to see a inner city school win a championship in football because football is won on the line.... Hoover didn't have better athletes than most schools.... even in their nationally ranked days.. very few players were getting offers. They simply had about 30 linemen that they substituted in and out.. whole lines at a time... and they wore you out. Your inner city school isn't going to have that due to numbers.

Here go two "inner city" state champions I know of in 2019:

Edna Karr (New Orleans) Louisiana 4-A State Champions
Booker T. Washington (Miami) Florida 4-A State Champions

Here go two "inner city" state champions I know of in 2019:

Edna Karr (New Orleans) Louisiana 4-A State Champions
Booker T. Washington (Miami) Florida 4-A State Champions
not saying it can't happen... it aint the norm...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back