Black College Athletes Seem To Be Waking Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Losing one of their best athletes!?

She averaged like 3.8 PPG last season. That coach must really like spreading the ball a lot.

herman started cackling a few weeks ago in their local paper. It was nothing short of pure anglo damage control. Numerous other anglo HCs will follow suit to quell any uprising of independent eye-opening thought by their "colored" natives.

*hard eye roll* @ your friends down the road in Austin...

View: https://twitter.com/lindsayaellis/status/1271523034143260672

Last edited:
*hard eye roll* @ your friends down the road in Austin...

View: https://twitter.com/lindsayaellis/status/1271523034143260672

oh lawd let me go stock up on some more ammo. These hook'em diehard fools are about to go batshit crazy.

The ONLY thing that can top this move by those folk in austin is for the natives in college station to start cutting up lol :D .

just leave - but thats like leaving a door wide open when you been in cage eating bread and water your whole life and rather keep that than expand your options and live better by working just a little

Too much like right.

Just watched something about TJ you know who and how he singly put those folk bball program on the map thereby opening doors for aldridge, durant, et al.

The best black HS players dont attend predominantly black HS’s. Let’s start there. I remember in my hometown of Birmingham, Alabama when Hoover high school became big. They were cherry picking kids from the inner-city. Inner-city schools are the feeder programs for HBCUs, yet the depth of athletic talent is not what it used to be. It's rare to even see an inner city school when a state championship in fball or even make a deep playoff run.

Man, the plan should be to take everything back. Its a trickle down effect from NFL/sponsors/TV deals/better funding/better outreach. All of this should go directly back to our communities. I hear so many horror stories about the kids in these Philly schools. Its just a cycle that needs to end. But the parents teach what they know and kids imitate what they see and in some neighborhoods, that's not a good thing.

The best black HS players dont attend predominantly black HS’s. Let’s start there. I remember in my hometown of Birmingham, Alabama when Hoover high school became big. They were cherry picking kids from the inner-city. Inner-city schools are the feeder programs for HBCUs, yet the depth of athletic talent is not what it used to be. It's rare to even see an inner city school when a state championship in fball or even make a deep playoff run.

Its tough to see a inner city school win a championship in football because football is won on the line.... Hoover didn't have better athletes than most schools.... even in their nationally ranked days.. very few players were getting offers. They simply had about 30 linemen that they substituted in and out.. whole lines at a time... and they wore you out. Your inner city school isn't going to have that due to numbers.

I wish these young men and ladies would go to some of these white teams fan pages and read the political posts. Nothing but Trump, "All lives matter", "What about Chicago", "athletes can't be oppressed", "thugs", etc. Folks support you on Saturday when you can run and score, but basically think you're n-words every other day of the week.

Absolutely!

We are still feeling the effects of slavery even to this day, and many are not aware of it.
Precisely!!!

Some never found the will to defeat that inherent Stockholm Syndrome and stop seeking the "mental" affirmation of the oppressors' descendants.

Some will run through a brick wall to appease those anglo dudes and anglo ladies. Look at them... "Ja'Quann, you iz like a son tah me...." "La'Queeda, you iz like a daughter tah me..." lol
Pure comedy.

Many don't want to acknowledge it...and that includes Black folk.

Just closed minds going along with the status quo, just because... They are great sheeple who simply follow while not fathoming the concept of sel-sacrifice for the greater good. smh

The best black HS players don't attend predominantly black HS’s. Let’s start there. I remember in my hometown of Birmingham, Alabama when Hoover high school became big. They were cherry picking kids from the inner-city. Inner-city schools are the feeder programs for HBCUs, yet the depth of athletic talent is not what it used to be. It's rare to even see an inner city school when a state championship in fball or even make a deep playoff run.

You're 100% on point PBSwag! Many of these suburban High School programs won't even give letters of interest to the players from HBCU's. They have their own agenda and are favorable to programs that pay them under the table for recruits. HBCU's have to make direct contact with the player and his family to begin the selling/recruiting process. When the proverbial "what can you offer my son/daughter" question comes up, our answer must be "We can offer a great education and most importantly a family atmosphere free of racial injustices". If the family mentions money offers from other PWC's, then we tell them "Why continue to sell our own to Plantations that don't care about them other than how many points/crops they are score/pick?".

Then show them the numerous youtube videos of PWC racist fans...…...

You're 100% on point PBSwag! Many of these suburban High School programs won't even give letters of interest to the players from HBCU's. They have their own agenda and are favorable to programs that pay them under the table for recruits. HBCU's have to make direct contact with the player and his family to begin the selling/recruiting process. When the proverbial "what can you offer my son/daughter" question comes up, our answer must be "We can offer a great education and most importantly a family atmosphere free of racial injustices". If the family mentions money offers from other PWC's, then we tell them "Why continue to sell our own to Plantations that don't care about them other than how many points/crops they are score/pick?".

Then show them the numerous youtube videos of PWC racist fans...…...

sadly though the suburban parents who question the most are the HBCU grads. They stand in the way more than an army when trying to get their kids UNLESS no one else is recruiting them at the end.

Many student-athletes of color refuse to acknowledge the evil, that gives them the customary "atta'boy" pat on the head, as just that, evil, toxic, cancerous individuals.

They are mildly mentally inept, imho, so thought-process isn't their most valued skill yet they visibly see dwight and becky w/ their extended hand ready to pat them on the head while simultaneously turning a deaf ear and a blind eye on their cancerous and toxic, racist views. How do they awake from a night of slumber and look themselves dishonestly in the mirror? How horrible of a parent of color to sacrifice their seed to the oppressor's descendants when they themselves know upfront that the anglo coaches and staffers are there to exploit their seed for their physical ability? smh

How dumb.

I don't think any of those folk will awaken from that lying slumber they are in. They seek the affirming pat on the head from their anglo coaches and their anglo fans too much.

That's ultimately all that is important to them.

First black folks as a WHOLE have to wake up.
See we don't want to have that NASTY man in the mirror conversation with self.

We are our own worst enemy.

Sorry black folks we are not perfect.
We got some IN HOUSE crap to deal with.

How many black kids have endure hell on Earth from someone who looks like them? Not all that is white supremacy.
Will HBCUS deal with that? Healing that little dark skinned black girl who has been called all sorts of names by Beyonce starter kits?
What about those LGBTQ black kids? The nerdy ones? The Carlton bank starter kits?

There is a reason folks bring up Black on black violence. What is that such a taboo subject? If BLM is TRUE-it does not matter the race of the killer of blacks. Someone needs to explain how that plays into white supremacy. Instead of yelling for cancel culture.

Because that helps send kids to PWC. The FEAR of being around one's own race. So they are willing to take abuse at PWCs.

How many black kids have endure hell on Earth from someone who looks like them? Not all that is white supremacy.
Will HBCUS deal with that? Healing that little dark skinned black girl who has been called all sorts of names by Beyonce starter kits?
What about those LGBTQ black kids? The nerdy ones? The Carlton bank starter kits?

There is a reason folks bring up Black on black violence. What is that such a taboo subject? If BLM is TRUE-it does not matter the race of the killer of blacks. Someone needs to explain how that plays into white supremacy. Instead of yelling for cancel culture.

Because that helps send kids to PWC. The FEAR of being around one's own race. So they are willing to take abuse at PWCs.

It's the systemic programming from younger days. All of us should have experienced this phenomena.

@skyvolt2000, are you sure you want to open that door? LOL!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back