Black College Athletes Seem To Be Waking Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but you know with this move the NCAA will be watching them and all HBCUs like a hawk. More so than they do now with this kid's announcement.

i was just thinking the same thing. I expect Howard will be put on probation in the near future.

I want to send a huge shoutout to this kids parents. Most parents in this situation are to busy chasing dollars trying to find out what’s in it for them. He couldn’t come to this decision without great parents.

We all know them AAU coaches don’t give a damn about HBCU’s. They are too busy pimping kids for a payday.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
i was just thinking the same thing. I expect Howard will be put on probation in the near future.

I want to send a huge shoutout to this kids parents. Most parents in this situation are to busy chasing dollars trying to find out what’s in it for them. He couldn’t come to this decision without great parents.

We all know them AAU coaches don’t give a damn about HBCU’s. They are too busy pimping kids for a payday.

That was the first thing I commended, his parents for rearing him correctly, unlike numerous selfishly ignorant others.

This young man has MUCH more intelligence and wit than a majority of native born ignorantly dumb black boys and girls and their insipid parents. It's very telling, imho. I really respect him if he continues to follow through.

Last edited:

This! Absolutely right!

Yeah but you know with this move the NCAA will be watching them and all HBCUs like a hawk. More so than they do now with this kid's announcement.

They have been watching. They just haven't had a real reason to go after most HBCUS with something they can enforce.

Don't think for one moment they won't send a kid there on purpose to "watch" what goes on. The kid does not have to be a jock.

1. The more I have read on him and this story, you have to give him and his parents credit because he has only been in this country 5 years. He has NO HBCU ties so for him to choose Howard over Kentucky and UCLA is a testament to him and his upbringing. You knew it had to be hard to turn down all of what them schools had to offer in order to blaze his own trail at Howard

2. A number of them AAU are HBCU alums pimping them to PWIs smh

There is a lot of them like this out there. Go to these schools as walk on's and sit on the bench. They could come to HBCU's and be playing.

Yeah but rotting on that bench gets them tv time and a spotlight on Senior Day.
Also how much networking happens with those bench guys with cetain NBA bound guys? So they end up working for said NBA guy.

There is a lot of them like this out there. Go to these schools as walk on's and sit on the bench. They could come to HBCU's and be playing.
A kid from my school did exactly that. Went to MSU to ride the bench for 2 years now. He could be playing now at Alcorn or JSU. But he did get him a nice F150 out of the deal 🙁

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Imagine if you were a star at a hbcu and your kid turned out to be better but you let them sign to a power conference school and they rot away on the bench? Do you even come back around? Lol

it’s happening as we speak in football and basketball.

it's more than common..happens alot. There are a few successful ones but still lol

Imagine if you were a star at a hbcu and your kid turned out to be better but you let them sign to a power conference school and they rot away on the bench? Do you even come back around? Lol

I mention the 3 star from my high school that is at Memphis rotting away on the bench when he should be a Valley (30 minutes away). He seems to be smart so he is getting a degree out of the deal but if you have actual talent, you should be using it if the NFL is your dream

I know one michigan state sweet 16 team had a starter who was the kid of a former bama state player. can't remember who.

Are they still changing their minds and eyes are being open? From where I'm sitting, it appears that they're still asleep to me.

I mention the 3 star from my high school that is at Memphis rotting away on the bench when he should be a Valley (30 minutes away). He seems to be smart so he is getting a degree out of the deal but if you have actual talent, you should be using it if the NFL is your dream

What's his name?

Howard will get these kids because the parents are ALSO looking at academics and schools like Howard and Hampton are highly ranked. The PROBLEM with that is if these kids and their parents choose in the future to visit these schools, one like Howard will make us look bad unless it;s HC. THEN the kid would be lost and end up at a PWI when he could have been in Jackson playing in front of 30-50K.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back