BET Awards TONIGHT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was 50 the only one that used profanity in his show????

He was terrible, but white kids and wannabe thugs are going to buy his album.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Actually, I wasn't impressed w/this year's show too much...it was ok, but not what I expected. The last two years were better.

anywho, I boo-hooed :bawling: on Gerald Levert's tribute...I felt so bad for his daddy. :cry: I can't stand Ciara...I think she sucks hard, as an artist. :tdown: I can't stand 50cent...never have...they could have saved his performance. He's the only idiot that got his ugly ass up there cussing. :tdown: I did enjoy T.I.'s performance...I see Tiny was right by his side. I love me some Patti Labelle...nuff sed. :bowdown: My guls Glady's Knight & Yolanda Adams were the bomb...:clap: Didn't really enjoy Chaka...she did nothing but holla. Didn't sing any words at all. LL was looking as lucious, as usual. :love: :ebrow: :licky: :happydance: :tup: Diana is the BOSS. :tup: Alicia Keys looked beautiful, as usual...can't wait for that new cd to drop. :nod: Ashanti looked really pretty, too...Nelly was looking delicious, as usual. :ebrow: Monique was funny as hell...I enjoyed the opening performance, but not as much as the last time she hosted. :lol: I thought Kelly and Eve's performance was pretty good...I'm biased though b/c I really love that song. Of course my girl Beyonce got off. Ne-Yo was Ne-Yo...Fabolous was Fabolous. LAWD, and Lil-Wayne...:smh: Bless his heart. The tribute to James Brown was ok, but I wanted more.

Overall, it was an ok show...just not the best BET Awards show I've seen.

i'm not i knew it was gonna be between him an Unk...

i was also mad at those black boots Eve had on with that cream outfit. :smh:

LOL on eve boots, yeah it was a fashion mis hap, I guess its an EAST Coast thing, but when u got money, you can get away with it.

The first awards show I actually watched in years. (I got suckered into it)

Warnda,
The reason Chaka did nothing but yell, was she forgot the words to the song. It was obvious. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Erika Badu looked good. (and fine) So did Alicia Keys. (and she spoke very well, made her even more :eek:

What happened during 50 Cent's performance? Something went wrong with it, cause he stopped rapping for at least a full minute or so

ATL. Nuff posted. :D

The first awards show I actually watched in years. (I got suckered into it)

Warnda,
The reason Chaka did nothing but yell, was she forgot the words to the song. It was obvious. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Erika Badu looked good. (and fine) So did Alicia Keys. (and she spoke very well, made her even more :eek:

What happened during 50 Cent's performance? Something went wrong with it, cause he stopped rapping for at least a full minute or so

ATL. Nuff posted. :D
oh, is that what it was, MH? I knew something was wrong cuz she hardly sung a note. :lol:

Im glad Im not the only that think Ciara is doing nothing special.
oh, I've NEVER liked her...I really don't understand how in the hell she got a SINGING record deal. Who listened to her demo and thought it was good? :xeye:

Jholliday and Jhud tore it up. BUT sometimes u can drag a song out to long. Also, what was up with Huds dress:no:? Mama?nem should have told her to put on a girdle or something.
OK I?m sick of the Beyonce act. Moniques needs something new. I?m also sick of TI and Tinys ugly azz:vomit:. Ludicris acceptance speech actually had some substance to it. . TI should have been taking notes. Ciara wants to be a damn boy so let her. What was up wit the Diana tribute? I was not impressed. Erykah was allright, but I was expecting more from Chaka. Kelly?s performance was horrible somebody should:slap:her azz. I hate to admit it but B?s performance was pretty good. I?m not a fan of 50 so he really could have kept that wanna be gangster performance. Geralds tribute had me in tears. Yolanda sounded great. Public Enemy was off the chain, but I wonder where in the hell did they find Bootsy Collins? White Boy was ok I guess he was just happy to be invited. Overall I would rate this years show a 6 on a scale of 1-10. I agree they need to bring back Ced and Steve.

And Im still trying to find the Pizzaz factor of Alan Thicke.

He was so White last night.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I thought the awards were great! For real though, it was very entertaining and uplifting as well. I think that it catered mostly to a younger demographic but it also gave the older crowd something to chew on. My two cents:

J.Holiday, J.Hud: 4 stars-J. Hol. made the performance ...ugly faces and all

Monique opening: 2 stars-she could left that shat out-we all knew it wouldnt b as good as the first time

T.I.: 3 stars- Always give his it his all-DID YALL SEE HOW HE DISSED TONY YEYO, wish he wouldve done his knew song with Wyclef

Diddy&Keyshia: 3 stars- Diddy always gives great performances as well

Beyonce: 5 stars- No need to explain; like the way she had Kelly, Michelle, and Solange just like in the video

Kelly: 3 stars- Great stage presence, just needs to work on live singing

T-Pain: 3 1/2 stars-just wish he wouldve done the whole song- always live

50 cent: 1 star- WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT!

G. Levert tribute: 2 1/2 stars- Out of all the songs they could've chosen A BETTE MIDLER SONG?

Robin Thicke: 3 1/2 stars- Dont care what yall say he sounded good, great falsetto voice

Diana Ross Tribute: 5 stars- Erykah B.(Dallas homegirl!) tore it down; Stevie Wonder-Sounded good; Chaka Kahn- sounded a lot better than in recent years

Ciara: 4 stars- very Janet Jackson-esque, very live; did anybody catch that no.25 and ? could it be Reggie Bush?

Public Enemy: 5 stars- Just because they are P.E. and what the stand for and that they can still give a stand out performance.

OVERALL: 4 STARS! GREAT JOB BET!

I forgot to comment on Diddy and Keisha Cole...don't know the song, didn't really like the song. Keisha finally sounded pretty good singing live...diddy just doesn't do it for me, as a performer. Lil Kim's ass looks a mess. :smh:

The two Jennifers were pretty good...they started to get on my nerves after a while. They didn't want to end the song. :rolleyes:

T-Pain...he didn't perform the whole song, so I really don't have many comments for him. I don't really know much about him anyway. I liked the dances they were doing, though. :nod:

How did TI diss Yeyo?

What was he apologizing for?

Is Solonge in Destiny's Child now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back