Best SU Drummajors...

Status
Not open for further replies.
SUtrp96 said:
When I heard that ...Al B. Sure.... I was about to piss in my pants...That's a tune I never knew SU played and I always wanted the S to play it....
He wrote that batch just as I imagined it!!!!... FUC that nucca could write his arse off..!!!!! FUUUUCCCCC!!!!!!!!

That was one of my favorite's also. Big Will may have some of their 88 audio tapes.

jukebox89 said:
That was one of my favorite's also. Big Will may have some of their 88 audio tapes.

He may do... I remember Lo Rawlins telling me he sheed a few tears when Big Will directed "Master Blaster".... From what I hear it was a fool...

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
jukebox89 said:

I have pretty much everything SU played in the stands in 88 except 'Whip Appeal" I have audio though..

At first all I had was SU 89 FAMU game... no I have about 4 or 5 games from 89...lol
One game when you all were no more than 120 in the stands..... I have about 4 different versions of "SKIN" now.. including the 45 piece band...

FAMU 89 had to be you all PEEK of the year.....lol

SUtrp96 said:
I have pretty much everything SU played in the stands in 88 except 'Whip Appeal" I have audio though..

At first all I had was SU 89 FAMU game... no I have about 4 or 5 games from 89...lol
One game when you all were no more than 120 in the stands..... I have about 4 different versions of "SKIN" now.. including the 45 piece band...

FAMU 89 had to be you all PEEK of the year.....lol

FAMU 89 was a crazy day!

I found a video tape a few weeks back that had SU palying Whip Appeal on it....Can't remember what game or what year (or for that matter, what tape)....It was a monster though.

s phi s said:
I found a video tape a few weeks back that had SU palying Whip Appeal on it....Can't remember what game or what year (or for that matter, what tape)....It was a monster though.

WHAT da FUUGG you say?!?!?!?!

I been looking for "Whip Appeal" on video since forever..... I always had it on audio...But Man get at me, I'll send you what ever you need for it for real...

Get at me with that yo...

SUtrp96 said:
WHAT da FUUGG you say?!?!?!?!

I been looking for "Whip Appeal" on video since forever..... I always had it on audio...But Man get at me, I'll send you what ever you need for it for real...

Get at me with that yo...

I have the 1989 battle of the bands on video. The 89 battle of the band and bayou classic after the game tape, that is floating around the NO. I have the original. My brother was the one that used to video tape the games. Homecoming in the stands 89.I have the original. Clear as a bell, picture. My cb,"Truck" should have those tapes down there. I do not have the classic anymore, let a cb borrow it years back and I haven't seen it since.

Yo Jukebox89/ Jared... Grey Skull has 89's whole season...Jared...including Whip Appeal...I believe the cat's name was Claude who sung it...I think he went to sing professionally with Anita Baker????

Mom-E said:
Yo Jukebox89/ Jared... Grey Skull has 89's whole season...Jared...including Whip Appeal...I believe the cat's name was Claude who sung it...I think he went to sing professionally with Anita Baker????

"Whip Appeal" was 88, 89 played it to?

jukebox89 said:
I have the 1989 battle of the bands on video. The 89 battle of the band and bayou classic after the game tape, that is floating around the NO. I have the original. My brother was the one that used to video tape the games. Homecoming in the stands 89.I have the original. Clear as a bell, picture. My cb,"Truck" should have those tapes down there. I do not have the classic anymore, let a cb borrow it years back and I haven't seen it since.

Hey I needs to get that for real....Hit me up what ever the price is...it's all gravey...

Dude, I'm jacking up the year, but I have the show in my head. I think Claude song Whip Appeal in one game and the band went to Rollin with Kid-N-Play for the dance routine. No..it is 89...Jared...I'm in Vegas...I'lll put $20 on that... :ebrow:

Mom-E said:
Dude, I'm jacking up the year, but I have the show in my head. I think Claude song Whip Appeal in one game and the band went to Rollin with Kid-N-Play for the dance routine. No..it is 89...Jared...I'm in Vegas...I'lll put $20 on that... :ebrow:

I never knew 89 played "Whip Appeal" at a game....

88 was the first year to play it for sure, I'll put $20 on that...
What makes you positive that was 89 playing "Whip Appeal"...

If so sheed I needs to hear that...

I also heard Skin was written before 89 actually played it.. From my understanding from Beaver from 89, "Skin" was the first tune they got...

But I believe the first skeliton band to play it was 86 if I am not mistaking..

Alot of cats around my time and after think 86 was the first band to play "Distant Lover" and "Love is The Key"....

I have a clear tape of 83 blowing the shat out of both....lol

Well....... to put it tersely... I was being programmed to crab. :cry: Cause Kim Fields was at the Battle of the Bands and from what I hear, Doc was trying to feel her up. Dudes said she shut the Dolls down in her regular clothes...any woman with such attributes deserves a good :licky: ... :ebrow: huh, huh...

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
SUtrp96...Man, I almost forgot! Grey Skull has a cassette tape with the box playing South Rampart, "Freeway of Love" by Aretha Franklin I want to say in 85 cause Ralph Chapman was still in the band. Bro, those T-bones :eek: . They also played "After All" Man!!! That's alright...I had Can You Feel It. Bro, remember when we were practicing the intro and I played one note extra... I was trying to scream a G and I think and I hit a Z. Upperclassmen were like :shame: and I was like :rolleyes:

Mom-E said:
SUtrp96...Man, I almost forgot! Grey Skull has a cassette tape with the box playing South Rampart, "Freeway of Love" by Aretha Franklin I want to say in 85 cause Ralph Chapman was still in the band. Bro, those T-bones :eek: . They also played "After All" Man!!! That's alright...I had Can You Feel It. Bro, remember when we were practicing the intro and I played one note extra... I was trying to scream a G and I think and I hit a Z. Upperclassmen were like :shame: and I was like :rolleyes:

LMAO I remember that shat very well...I was like...."WTF SOUSA think he doing".....lol

Mom-E said:

Man u need to see if he could get me that tape!!!! I need a 83 tape too!!!

Mom-E said:

:lmao:

SUtrp96 said:
Hey I needs to get that for real....Hit me up what ever the price is...it's all gravey...[/QUOTI

I would not charge you for something like that. I got you. pm me your info and will dub it this weekend. We played whip appeal for the bayou classic 89. The dolls were supposed to be featured, but Claude got so much house at the BOTB, Doc made the switch Saturday morning and the Dolls just stood on the side line.. We did not get that song untill Tuesday or Wed. the week of the Classic. Kim Fields came to the Bandroom that Thursday night and Claude song it to her.

SUtrp96 said:
I also heard Skin was written before 89 actually played it.. From my understanding from Beaver from 89, "Skin" was the first tune they got...

But I believe the first skeliton band to play it was 86 if I am not mistaking..

Alot of cats around my time and after think 86 was the first band to play "Distant Lover" and "Love is The Key"....

I have a clear tape of 83 blowing the shat out of both....lol

We got "Skin" during crab week after we got, Fight song, national anthem, I'm so. etc.. If my memory serves me right, we may have gotten that song before Purple Carnival. Skin didn't come out until 89. I would have loved to hear 86 or 87 play "skin."

jukebox89 said:
We got "Skin" during crab week after we got, Fight song, national anthem, I'm so. etc.. If my memory serves me right, we may have gotten that song before Purple Carnival. Skin didn't come out until 89. I would have loved to hear 86 or 87 play "skin."

Skull told me that it took you boys a minute to get it down, but once you did... :flamethro He also said that it was one of the VERY first tunes that y'all received. Was this true about Rollin' with Kid-N-Play... a dude happened to have earphones on in the bandroom and Roy asked him what he was listening to. Roy was like this is funky man. When y'all came back that afternoon...he passed out Rollin'.?.?.? That was a funky song man....trombone soli...I remember watching that on BET, doing the dance routine with y'all. My dad was like, Boy sit your azz down!" :rolly:

Mom-E said:
Skull told me that it took you boys a minute to get it down, but once you did... :flamethro He also said that it was one of the VERY first tunes that y'all received. Was this true about Rollin' with Kid-N-Play... a dude happened to have earphones on in the bandroom and Roy asked him what he was listening to. Roy was like this is funky man. When y'all came back that afternoon...he passed out Rollin'.?.?.? That was a funky song man....trombone soli...I remember watching that on BET, doing the dance routine with y'all. My dad was like, Boy sit your azz down!" :rolly:

That is true. Roy heard it at 4 and had it ready at 6:30. He actually had the same head phones on while he taught the drum section their part. He had to simplify it some because the tenor drummers were catching a hard time with up beat. I want to say that Beaver came over from symbols and actually played the way wanted it, but they sent him back to the symbol section. Darrell Minor wasnt having that.

Jukebox89... you gotta tell me Kim Fields' reaction to Whip Appeal. I know if I had been Claude, man, I'd have been doing everything that I could've gotten away with....eye contact, holding her hand, :teleport:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back