Best Stadiums in the SWAC

I like Mumford but I think it gets the visitors when they have to sit in that damn corner. For that reason I believe that is what throw off the setting of Mumford.
It's great we have enough fans to fill both sides and leaves vistors a section. But you could purchase tickets from ticketmaster and sit where you want.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
fieldhouse2.jpg Fieldhouse1.jpg fieldhouse3.jpg mumford stadium.jpg fieldhouse2.jpg Fieldhouse1.jpg fieldhouse3.jpg mumford stadium.jpg
There is something about Mumford that is missing. I just can't put my hand on it.

I think I know what's missing! The bleachers need to be power-washed! Power-washing would give a look that blends the old bleachers with the new additions: the pressbox, the additional end zone bleachers, the fieldhouse, the new turf field, etc.
fieldhouse2.jpg fieldhouse2.jpg Fieldhouse1.jpg fieldhouse3.jpg

Last edited:
I like Mumford but I think it gets the visitors when they have to sit in that damn corner. For that reason I believe that is what throw off the setting of Mumford.

Since Hurricane Katrina, our attendance is down a little, and this may be the right time for you AD to negotiate with our AD better seating arrangements. At SU, we might be spirited, athletically, but we are also very reasonable and very fair. So have your AD give out AD a call, and you just might be glad you did. When we are he visiting team on other campuses, our contingent is so large that a simple corner will not contain us. So, consequently, we are never in a position to be put into a corner and to know how that feels.

Last edited:
I just wish our visitor side at Jack-Spinks was bigger and hope they complete the end zone with seating and a field house

Yea. I agree. A power washing of Mumford will do it wonders....
Mcnesse state did it one year, looked like a different stadium. Btw can someone please talk to the administration about the roof of the minidome, its looks terrible smhhh

Yea. I agree. A power washing of Mumford will do it wonders....
Mcnesse state did it one year, looked like a different stadium. Btw can someone please talk to the administration about the roof of the minidome, its looks terrible smhhh
Have you been on campus lately lol. They already taken care of the mini dome roof.

View attachment 5068 View attachment 5069 View attachment 5070 View attachment 5071 View attachment 5068 View attachment 5069 View attachment 5070 View attachment 5071

I think I know what's missing! The bleachers need to be power-washed! Power-washing would give a look that blends the old bleachers with the new additions: the pressbox, the additional end zone bleachers, the fieldhouse, the new turf field, etc.
View attachment 5068 View attachment 5068 View attachment 5069 View attachment 5070

Mumford is a beautiful venue. Naturally, being the black man that I am, I have to gripe about a shortcoming though lol. It would be PERFECT IF the track wasn't around the field to put the fans more on top of the action. That's a LOT of wasted real-estate w/ the track.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mumford is a beautiful venue. Naturally, being the black man that I am, I have to gripe about a shortcoming though lol. It would be PERFECT IF the track wasn't around the field to put the fans more on top of the action. That's a LOT of wasted real-estate w/ the track.

Independence Stadium!!!! MAN!!!! I'm talking about you hearing the coaches curse LOL!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

That's the best home field advantage of any teams in the conference.

It's great we have enough fans to fill both sides and leaves vistors a section. But you could purchase tickets from ticketmaster and sit where you want.

True & True

Back