Best Stadiums in the SWAC

Tigerpride

THE Logical ONE
So we have had this discussion many times but I don't think I have ever seen anyone rank them..

1. Memorial Stadium. Home of the JSU Tigers. Memorial is too big for us but that is the only drawback. I think JSU needs a 25K seat on-campus stadium BUT when you have the best stadium in FCS, why waste money on that? Memorial is clearly #1 because of several factors. #1 is GREAT structural foundation. Aside from Alcorn and AAMU, no other stadiums are as solid at Memorial. Also, bathrooms are spacious, the vending area is convenient and PARKING is hands down the best in the conference. I also like the landscaping and entrance/ticket area and the dressing room atrium entrance. First in the conference to have a nice Jumbotron.

2. Alcorn: Nice structural foundation and nice amount of dedicated PAVED parking. The seats also sit nicely above ground so the fans can get a good view of the field... unlike the one at Alabama State. They have a big Jumbotron. It can't do all that the one in Jackson can do but they don't care. They just wanted something bigger, yet cheaper, than ours. Tailgating on the Reservation is up there with the best of them!

Now this is where it gets tricky.

3. AAMU: I think overall the stadium is trash. Whoever designed it wasn't very smart. The stands are in two different states but the structural integrity is nice. Last time I was there, the parking was crappy and half of it wasn't paved. Stadium is clearly too big for them. Something small and quaint like the one at PV or UAPB would be more suitable.

4. Alabama State: Nice and shiny so that gives it a few points. Limited parking and sits on the ground. Looks like it is made from really cheap material.

5. PV: Perfect little stadium for them. The best amenities in the SWAC! We are just glad they got one and that they knew how to build for the size of their fan base!

6. Texas Southern: Too big for them but it's a really nice orange stadium. Doesn't really give you a "football" field feel due to it's multipurpose construction.

7. Southern. Nice turf in an old stadium. Not nearly as rusty as it used to be. They do attempt to paint it and keep it up as best they can but we know they work on a very limited budget. They also fixed their drainage issues so the area doesnt feel so "swampy" anymore. The addition a few years ago is great for the Homecoming and JSU crowd. Campus is perfectly laid out for great tailgating and they take full advantage of it! Perfect size stadium for them.

8. UAPB. Once was a leading edge stadium in the SWAC. Now, half of the gadgets in the press box do not work. Built 20 years ago to expand but, as another school will soon learn, there will be no need for expansion ever. Most of the construction is High Schoolish.

9. Grambling. They are getting new turf now but to be honest, they need to tear it down start over.

10. Valley. It's at Valley.

How in the hell can Alabama State and Prairie View be 4 and 5 and they are new. How the hell can a professional soccer stadium be a a lesser venue than JSU. TP you need to stop. LOL

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
lol TP must know a LOT more about A&M sister schools than the compensated Texas A&M Board of Regents. We just completed Phase I and TP is a de facto A&M BOR member w/ voting power over A&M System finances. :D :D :D :D :D :D lol

From the Texas A&M BOR minutes when the push for the new on-campus stadium first occurred and was accepted:

*I'm not posting it* :D

PVAMU will implement all 4 phases and stay stuck on Phase I. How naive when you aren't native here and do not know how our higher-system financing works. smgdh I forgot. You're from that ever rich state, w/ a large rich metropolis, that sits adjacent that rich university that is financially thriving among-st the other 18+ rich D-I universities.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D lmao! *on the floor dying lmao!* :D

From what I have seen.
JSU (Hard to beat down that huge beast.)
ASU (The stadium screams "elite FCS program" in all aspects.)
PVAMU (Trails ASU's stadium by a few yards.)
SU (Great looking turf, but something seems like it's missing from Mumford being on top.)
GSU (Most unique stadium in FCS, but some renovations.)

From what I have seen.
JSU (Hard to beat down that huge beast.)
ASU (The stadium screams "elite FCS program" in all aspects.)
PVAMU (Trails ASU's stadium by a few yards.)
SU (Great looking turf, but something seems like it's missing from Mumford being on top.)
GSU (Most unique stadium in FCS, but some renovations.)

Yep Robinson is very unique and Gallot has already said there is going to be renovations.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
My bad. You said crackhead and I INSTANTLY thought you were talking about Tigerpride. :D
tenor.gif

So we have had this discussion many times but I don't think I have ever seen anyone rank them..

1. Memorial Stadium. Home of the JSU Tigers. Memorial is too big for us but that is the only drawback. I think JSU needs a 25K seat on-campus stadium BUT when you have the best stadium in FCS, why waste money on that? Memorial is clearly #1 because of several factors. #1 is GREAT structural foundation. Aside from Alcorn and AAMU, no other stadiums are as solid at Memorial. Also, bathrooms are spacious, the vending area is convenient and PARKING is hands down the best in the conference. I also like the landscaping and entrance/ticket area and the dressing room atrium entrance. First in the conference to have a nice Jumbotron.

2. Alcorn: Nice structural foundation and nice amount of dedicated PAVED parking. The seats also sit nicely above ground so the fans can get a good view of the field... unlike the one at Alabama State. They have a big Jumbotron. It can't do all that the one in Jackson can do but they don't care. They just wanted something bigger, yet cheaper, than ours. Tailgating on the Reservation is up there with the best of them!

Now this is where it gets tricky.

3. AAMU: I think overall the stadium is trash. Whoever designed it wasn't very smart. The stands are in two different states but the structural integrity is nice. Last time I was there, the parking was crappy and half of it wasn't paved. Stadium is clearly too big for them. Something small and quaint like the one at PV or UAPB would be more suitable.

4. Alabama State: Nice and shiny so that gives it a few points. Limited parking and sits on the ground. Looks like it is made from really cheap material.

5. PV: Perfect little stadium for them. The best amenities in the SWAC! We are just glad they got one and that they knew how to build for the size of their fan base!

6. Texas Southern: Too big for them but it's a really nice orange stadium. Doesn't really give you a "football" field feel due to it's multipurpose construction.

7. Southern. Nice turf in an old stadium. Not nearly as rusty as it used to be. They do attempt to paint it and keep it up as best they can but we know they work on a very limited budget. They also fixed their drainage issues so the area doesnt feel so "swampy" anymore. The addition a few years ago is great for the Homecoming and JSU crowd. Campus is perfectly laid out for great tailgating and they take full advantage of it! Perfect size stadium for them.

8. UAPB. Once was a leading edge stadium in the SWAC. Now, half of the gadgets in the press box do not work. Built 20 years ago to expand but, as another school will soon learn, there will be no need for expansion ever. Most of the construction is High Schoolish.

9. Grambling. They are getting new turf now but to be honest, they need to tear it down start over.

10. Valley. It's at Valley.
JSU needs more than 25K

This right here:
speaks volume about this entire thread.

But they are hood "rich" over yonda'. :D State is doing well, those large urban areas lol are doing well, and those 20+ D-I universities are bursting their financial coffers @ the seams.

I'm in tears. We refer to tigerpride's psychosis as "little man syndrome." :D lmao!

Back