Best Stadiums in the SWAC

If you have a stadium that your feet and your ass both resting on metal then you are automatically pushed to the bottom of the list. This ain’t high school where you stomp on the bleachers as loud as you can lol
Nobody goes to AAMU games, so it really don't matter what the seats are made of.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
1) PVAMU - Newest stadium of the bunch. I love the modern stadium but hated their concession stands and bathrooms were a nightmare!!!
2) Bama State - Very modern stadium and love the layout.
3) Texas Southern - Very modern stadium, concession stands and bathrooms are the best in the SWAC, and seats are very comfortable. Orange is my favorite color as well so that's a win for me.
----- Those that need to step it up to be on the top tier level -------------

4) Southern - Solid stadium and fits the fanbase.
5) UAPB - Solid stadium and fits the fanbase.
6) AAMU - Solid stadium but it's too big for their fanbase.
7) Jackson State - Too big and just outdated.
8) Grambling - Outdated even with the few new upgrades
9) Alcorn - Outdated but the right size
10) MVSU - Just not impressed at all but not totally bad.
Didn't know Texas Southern had changed it's color to orange, but I do know it had to change a home game for soccer.

Didn't know Texas Southern had changed it's color to orange, but I do know it had to change a home game for soccer.

Trust me I would rather sit on our orange comfortable and folded seats than your concrete and itchy seats any day ... no competition lol.

There's no doubt in my mind TSU will beat JSU this year. You heard it here first. JSU is no longer a football powerhouse, you loyal JSU fans deserve Alcorn's team.

Umm, we don't play y'all this year lol. Y'all were too scared, remember? We will forever be there to make sure y'all always have a fresh L on repeat when y'all do play us. Even when we sorry. :D

There's no doubt in my mind TxSU will beat JSU this year. You heard it here first. JSU is no longer a football powerhouse, you loyal JSU fans deserve Alcorn's team.
Dude, yall went 0-3 against the worst JSU coach of all time in james b*ll.
Please post TSU's overall football record against JSU. If you don't, I will.

Umm, we don't play y'all this year lol. Y'all were too scared, remember? We will forever be there to make sure y'all always have a fresh L on repeat when y'all do play us. Even when we sorry. :D
This shows he ain't no loyal fan. He don't even know his school's schedule. LOL!!

1) PVAMU - Newest stadium of the bunch. I love the modern stadium but hated their concession stands and bathrooms were a nightmare!!!
2) Bama State - Very modern stadium and love the layout.
3) Texas Southern - Very modern stadium, concession stands and bathrooms are the best in the SWAC, and seats are very comfortable. Orange is my favorite color as well so that's a win for me.
----- Those that need to step it up to be on the top tier level -------------
4) Southern - Solid stadium and fits the fanbase.
5) UAPB - Solid stadium and fits the fanbase.
6) AAMU - Solid stadium but it's too big for their fanbase.
7) Jackson State - Too big and just outdated.
8) Grambling - Outdated even with the few new upgrades
9) Alcorn - Outdated but the right size
10) MVSU - Just not impressed at all but not totally bad.

How is Alcorn's stadium "outdated"? Alcorn's stadium is the most logical for ideal tailgating! The added fully functional RV space will debut this fall. Recently updated locker rooms, press room, and Jumbotron.... so again how is it "outdated"??

That's right, we'll let the other TSU put the spanking on ya'll ... either way it goes ya'll were gonna lose to the TSU Tigers LOL. I can't wait to read the comments on facebook and twitter after the classic of JSU fans whining yet again about getting blowed out in Memphis.

Based on TSU's attendance, you don't have very much company.

We haven't had a consistent winning season in a long time thanks to the JSU alum that ran our program to the ground so of course fans are not gonna come out in big numbers

Last edited:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
How is Alcorn's stadium "outdated"? Alcorn's stadium is the most logical for ideal tailgating! The added fully functional RV space will debut this fall. Recently updated locker rooms, press room, and Jumbotron.... so again how is it "outdated"??

Tailgating can happen anywhere so that's not a big deal. I judge the quality of stadiums based on more than tailgating. Those upgrades were not enough to place Alcorn's stadium in the top tier in my opinion ... the stadium is and looks outdated and needs millions more of renovations. When I read why recruits chose Alcorn to play ball, not one said the stadium unlike recruits at PVAMU, Bama State, and Texas Southern.

That's right, we'll let the other TSU put the spanking on ya'll ... either way it goes ya'll were gonna lose to the TSU Tigers LOL. I can't wait to read the comments on facebook and twitter after the classic of JSU fans whining yet again about getting blowed out in Memphis.

First you don't know your own schedule, then you piggy back off another school. Epitome of pathetic.

We haven't had a consistent winning season in a long time thanks to the JSU alum that ran our program to the ground so of course fans are not gonna come out in big numbers

Y'all barely had one consistent winning season since y'all been in the SWAC. You seen yalls records?? LMAO.

First you don't know your own schedule, then you piggy back off another school. Epitome of pathetic.

Y'all barely had one consistent winning season since y'all been in the SWAC. You seen yalls records?? LMAO.

Oh spare me, we played JSU every year for the like the last 40 years so it's natural I occasionally forget we don't play ya'll this year

And I'm more concerned about the present than the past ... and presently we're better than most teams in the SWAC so I'm content

Tailgating can happen anywhere so that's not a big deal. I judge the quality of stadiums based on more than tailgating. Those upgrades were not enough to place Alcorn's stadium in the top tier in my opinion ... the stadium is and looks outdated and needs millions more of renovations. When I read why recruits chose Alcorn to play ball, not one said the stadium unlike recruits at PVAMU, Bama State, and Texas Southern.

Well, if that's the case TSU recruits must be accustomed to playing in front of empty seats and leased stadiums. They'll fit right in. Trying getting a stadium before shunning another school.

Exactly.. they gotta move their games to Friday nights.. Hell, they barely get folk on Saturday.

So we have had this discussion many times but I don't think I have ever seen anyone rank them..

1. Memorial Stadium. Home of the JSU Tigers. Memorial is too big for us but that is the only drawback. I think JSU needs a 25K seat on-campus stadium BUT when you have the best stadium in FCS, why waste money on that? Memorial is clearly #1 because of several factors. #1 is GREAT structural foundation. Aside from Alcorn and AAMU, no other stadiums are as solid at Memorial. Also, bathrooms are spacious, the vending area is convenient and PARKING is hands down the best in the conference. I also like the landscaping and entrance/ticket area and the dressing room atrium entrance. First in the conference to have a nice Jumbotron.

2. Alcorn: Nice structural foundation and nice amount of dedicated PAVED parking. The seats also sit nicely above ground so the fans can get a good view of the field... unlike the one at Alabama State. They have a big Jumbotron. It can't do all that the one in Jackson can do but they don't care. They just wanted something bigger, yet cheaper, than ours. Tailgating on the Reservation is up there with the best of them!

Now this is where it gets tricky.

3. AAMU: I think overall the stadium is trash. Whoever designed it wasn't very smart. The stands are in two different states but the structural integrity is nice. Last time I was there, the parking was crappy and half of it wasn't paved. Stadium is clearly too big for them. Something small and quaint like the one at PV or UAPB would be more suitable.

4. Alabama State: Nice and shiny so that gives it a few points. Limited parking and sits on the ground. Looks like it is made from really cheap material.

5. PV: Perfect little stadium for them. The best amenities in the SWAC! We are just glad they got one and that they knew how to build for the size of their fan base!

6. Texas Southern: Too big for them but it's a really nice orange stadium. Doesn't really give you a "football" field feel due to it's multipurpose construction.

7. Southern. Nice turf in an old stadium. Not nearly as rusty as it used to be. They do attempt to paint it and keep it up as best they can but we know they work on a very limited budget. They also fixed their drainage issues so the area doesnt feel so "swampy" anymore. The addition a few years ago is great for the Homecoming and JSU crowd. Campus is perfectly laid out for great tailgating and they take full advantage of it! Perfect size stadium for them.

8. UAPB. Once was a leading edge stadium in the SWAC. Now, half of the gadgets in the press box do not work. Built 20 years ago to expand but, as another school will soon learn, there will be no need for expansion ever. Most of the construction is High Schoolish.

9. Grambling. They are getting new turf now but to be honest, they need to tear it down start over.

10. Valley. It's at Valley.

Alcorn's Jumbotron swamps JSU. Pixels, size, capabilities, etc and bought by us and not given to us to shut up... lmao

Well, if that's the case TSU recruits must be accustomed to playing in front of empty seats and leased stadiums. They'll fit right in. Trying getting a stadium before shunning another school.

LMAO good one. Homecoming had 13K just FYI. But again everybody knows the only SWAC fans that largely support a losing/mediocre program is JSU and SU. There's too much traffic and too many cool weekend attractions in Houston for TxSU fans to do so ... it's the same with UH across the street. UH fans don't come out if they're losing most games ... it's a Houston thing.

Back