BEST LOOKING HBCU CAMPUS

gelover01

TRAVELING TO MANY HBCU SCHOOLS MY VOTE HAS TO GO TO AAMU. THE LOCATION HAS A GREAT AESTHETIC VIEW. YOU CAN VIEW MANY OF THE CAMPUS BUILDING FROM A DISTANT BECAUSE THEY SIT ON THE SIDE OF A
MOUNTAIN. THE AREA SURROUNDING THE CAMPUS IS BEAUTIFUL ALSO.

I've been to alot of HBCU campuses and they all have a certain look about them.

But there is nothing like viewing "THE HILL" on a clear night with the moon high.
It is simply beautiful.

1) AAMU
2) PVAMU
3) Hampton
1,239) Howard
1,240) Lincoln (MO)

I've been to alot of HBCU campuses and they all have a certain look about them.

But there is nothing like viewing "THE HILL" on a clear night with the moon high.
It is simply beautiful.

1) AAMU
2) PVAMU
3) Hampton
1,239) Howard
1,240) Lincoln (MO)

I agree!

va073.jpg

Hampton hands down... its just naturally beautiful. I look at everything. Just having new buildings doesnt impress me. New buildings with horrible landscaping is what gets alot of HBCUs. More dirt than grass and yards that arent kept up. Tn State is VERY nice also. It reminds you of a park atmosphere, with it being a closed campus. You get to see everybody because you cant drive through the campus. Jackson State also looks better everytime I visit the school.

I would list Hampton at number 1. No one is even close to their setup.

Then in no order Alcorn, AAMU and PV.

SU could be on the list if we tighten up the front part of the campus. Overlooking the MS on the bluff is nice and so is Lake Kernan, but we have alot of landscaping issues that takes away from those 2 nice spots on campus.

SU could be on the list if we tighten up the front part of the campus. Overlooking the MS on the bluff is nice and so is Lake Kernan, but we have alot of landscaping issues that takes away from those 2 nice spots on campus.

Agree. Ooowee in the spring time when those Pink flowers are blooming it's beautiful til the lovebugs come out to play.

but we have alot of landscaping issues that takes away from those 2 nice spots on campus.

Thats the impression I got from SU. Building wise SU was nice.. but with the bluff right there, landscaping could have been much better. There wasnt enough grass there for my liking. It reminded me of a big concrete campus.

Also its very hard to compare the bluff to the bay (Hampton)...When I went to Hampton, I just felt like I was in a vacation resort. People on jet skis, sailboats, and kneeboarding in the bay around the campus. I went to SU and all I saw was dirty water and big barges. You can go swimming in the water surrounding Hampton.

Thats the impression I got from SU. Building wise SU was nice.. but with the bluff right there, landscaping could have been much better. There wasnt enough grass there for my liking. It reminded me of a big concrete campus.

Also its very hard to compare the bluff to the bay (Hampton)...When I went to Hampton, I just felt like I was in a vacation resort. People on jet skis, sailboats, and kneeboarding in the bay around the campus. I went to SU and all I saw was dirty water and big barges. You can go swimming in the water surrounding Hampton.

I agree with you DaHill. I wasn't comparing the 2. Just saying we could be in the nice campus category if we worked on it is all.

I was stationed in Norfolk during most of my active duty time in the Navy and spent alot of time on Hampton's campus looking at all the sights.:swink: That setup is beautiful. Nothing we(SU) can do to match that. That's why I said Hampton is number 1 and no one is close. Alcorn and AAMU are very scenic and just looks well. The Natchez trace as a backdrop for the Corn is awesome. PV looks almost brand new to me these days. Plus the campus maintained well. SU needs to hire some folks who can take care of the yard better.

Anyone have an area view of SU or GSU?

GSU's campus is making improvement, new buildings are being built and some are finished. I like the view of the campus as you get off of I-20 and go down the hill and you see the buildings. It's really nice a night.

I LOVE the way Jackson State's campus is coming along. Very, very attractive! :tup:

The pictures that I've seen of JSU's campus are really nice. Looks like JSU is really making a lot of progress. The honors dorm that JSU is nice. I remember visiting one of my homeboys that lived in the honors dorm back in 94.

TRAVELING TO MANY HBCU SCHOOLS MY VOTE HAS TO GO TO AAMU. THE LOCATION HAS A GREAT AESTHETIC VIEW. YOU CAN VIEW MANY OF THE CAMPUS BUILDING FROM A DISTANT BECAUSE THEY SIT ON THE SIDE OF A
MOUNTAIN. THE AREA SURROUNDING THE CAMPUS IS BEAUTIFUL ALSO.

I have to agree. Visiting AAMU during football season during the daylight hours gave me the opportunity to view the entire campus. From a distance it was beautiful. Up close it was just as beautiful.
Perhaps one of the best kept secrets in the SWAC.

Alcorn...I remember my first trip there in Fall 98, this had to have been a couple of years after they built Spinks....man...its beautiful.

Never been to Hampton but from the pics posted, I gotta check it out.

I have to agree. Visiting AAMU during football season during the daylight hours gave me the opportunity to view the entire campus. From a distance it was beautiful. Up close it was just as beautiful.
Perhaps one of the best kept secrets in the SWAC.

I agree. Beautiful campus.
Huntsville and surrounding cities are just breath-taking. I love seeing those mountains and waters.

I want me and the family to plan a trip again this year just to visit the area and do some shopping. If anyone knows any good bed and breakfast spots let me know!

Dang those were new!

Students first moved into them 1990. Wrecking ball hit them during the week of the alcorn game..It will be a parking lot/garage..

They tried to fix the foundation several times with no luck. The contractor is no longer in business so it's no one to sue...New Dorms will replace it in the near future...

I heard that Tuskegee was coming up also.

I remember when we had a Frat conference down there (spr. 99) and that campus looked like a d@mn Plantation.

I felt like an extra on the Color Purple.

I heard that Tuskegee was coming up also.

I remember when we had a Frat conference down there (spr. 99) and that campus looked like a d@mn Plantation.

I felt like an extra on the Color Purple.

LOL you do get that feel out of Tuskegee...Its not a bad looking campus, just gives you that "ROOTS" feel.... maybe because its in the POOR deep country.

I think if you're going to compare campuses, you have to divide them into categories.

Best Urban Campuses:
Hampton
Jackson State
Tennessee State
AAMU
Howard

Best Rural/Small Town Campuses:
Alcorn State
Prairie View
Tougaloo College
Tuskegee
Johnson C Smith