Bayou Classic! Human Jukebox runs Grambling Band out of the Stadium!

bernard

THEE Realist
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/fjyG4NwMjXY?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Y577yTUaXms?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/th35b_OmGJo?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
How rude is that!

Well, from my point of view, the announcer for grambling instigated the whole matter.
I guess he now knows that "it is a new day"......The Jukebox will not be disrespected.
Nate and the crew have an attitude and swagger, that personally, I love.

As for The Jukebox having class, there is a time and a place for that, and I believe we
saw another example of that today with the proposal, and in weeks past with various
tributes towards cancer awareness, encouragement to vote.

Grambling......You've been Juked!

I sincerely apologize. That does not represent all former wearers of the S. Dr Greggs taught us that " there is no substitute for class."

icon_halloffame.gif

Grambling was supposed to play two songs in that round. After the second song, SU stood up to start their two songs and Grambling cranked up another song. SU was not about to let them disrespect them so they went ahead and played their songs.
GSU, after getting their card pulled, decided they weren't big and bad and took their ball and went home. They cried on the bus like Red on Friday.

SU DID THIS LAST YEAR TOO EVEN IN 2007....BY NO MEANS DID GSU DISRESPECT SU 80% OF GSU SONGS WERE MIXES SO WHEN THEY WERE GOIN TO THE NEXT SONG SU PLAYED. AN THE BOTB WAS OVER ANYWAY. JUST LIKE IN RECENT YRS GSU WILL BE PLAYING AND SU MARCHES OUT FULL CADENCE AND ALL AND GSU BE PLAYING. gsu just left....how is thst running GSU OUT

SU DID THIS LAST YEAR TOO EVEN IN 2007....BY NO MEANS DID GSU DISRESPECT SU 80% OF GSU SONGS WERE MIXES SO WHEN THEY WERE GOIN TO THE NEXT SONG SU PLAYED. AN THE BOTB WAS OVER ANYWAY. JUST LIKE IN RECENT YRS GSU WILL BE PLAYING AND SU MARCHES OUT FULL CADENCE AND ALL AND GSU BE PLAYING. gsu just left....how is thst running GSU OUT

Haymer is doing an injustice to what Dr. Greggs built over time. I'll give this guy, Haymer, two years to figure out that he's making a fool of himself and su. Being this disrespectful to well seasoned band directors will only serve to backfire on him but he's too young and inexperienced to realize this right now.
It's like it's all about HIM and not the program.

Haymer is doing an injustice to what Dr. Greggs built over time. I'll give this guy, Haymer, two years to figure out that he's making a fool of himself and su. Being this disrespectful to well seasoned band directors will only serve to backfire on him but he's too young and inexperienced to realize this right now.
It's like it's all about HIM and not the program.

Lol. Okay. Some folks really didn't pay attention to some old versions of our band.

Grambling was supposed to play two songs in that round. After the second song, SU stood up to start their two songs and Grambling cranked up another song. SU was not about to let them disrespect them so they went ahead and played their songs.
GSU, after getting their card pulled, decided they weren't big and bad and took their ball and went home. They cried on the bus like Red on Friday.

This is what most people said happened.

Lol. Okay. Some folks really didn't pay attention to some old versions of our band.

What Rob was trying to say is "Greggs was a classy guy and the rivalries with other bands was friendly and that Haymer is trash".

Liddell has my utmost respect, says Southern’s Band Director Isaac Greggs, himself a Southern graduate. What he does is a reflection of his own personal discipline. There's always been a wholesome and clean rivalry between our bands, but I don’t really care who it is, we’re gonna be just as good for no matter who we play. I don’t get up for other people, they get up for me. When you're riding high in the saddle, you catch a lot of arrows. I ride highest in the saddle.

As a former NOLA marching, contest, jazz, symphonic, solo & ensemble band member, I have always had no choice but to respect SU and the jukebox. Although I have always been open minded to several different HBCU styles, I was raised on the SU style of marching. I have plenty of SU alums in my circle, but I have never seen SU act that ignorant towards GSU. Yes, both schools have talked trash, but SU looked like a wild ghetto mess. Don't be fooled folks, there are several SU alums who agree.

I really thought Haymer was a good dude after meeting him and hearing about some great things he has done in the Gulf Coast region. However, he is being influenced by "a couple" of SU former band member fools. SU has never acting that ignorant in the battle of the bands. SU has always done some annoying or ghetto things, but they at least had some type of class. Haymer needs to grow up. SU is inches away from having another fight with another SWAC band. Yhe last thing the BC needs is to lose anymore sponsors due to ignorance.

Last edited:
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/fjyG4NwMjXY?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Who was the gentleman who made the marriage proposal at halftime and what is his connection to SU? :tup:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
As a former NOLA marching, contest, jazz, symphonic, solo & ensemble band member, I have always had no choice but to respect SU and the jukebox. Although I have always been open minded to several different HBCU styles, I was raised on the SU style of marching. I have plenty of SU alums in my circle, but I have never seen SU act that ignorant towards GSU. Yes, both schools have talked trash, but SU looked like a wild ghetto mess. Don't be fooled folks, there are several SU alums who agree.

I really thought Haymer was a good dude after meeting him and hearing about some great things he has done in the Gulf Coast region. However, he is being influenced by "a couple" of SU former band member fools. SU has never acting that ignorant in the battle of the bands. SU has always done some annoying or ghetto things, but they at least had some type of class. Haymer needs to grow up. SU is inches away from having another fight with another SWAC band. Yhe last thing the BC needs is to lose anymore sponsors due to ignorance.

I concur with every word, all the way to the period.

Haymer is recruiting my son hard. The kids love this guy especially with his connection with Washington Marion.

They seemed a bit undisciplined at the battle of the bands.

A lie. Sometimes the bands played 3 tunes also. Usually the BOTB's is governed but for some reason it wasn't this year. GSU isn't disrespectful like that. If GSU staff knew it was SU's turn they wouldn't have counted off the song, we don't do that disrespectful crap. Glad Pannell took them from that situation also. Runs out of the stadium my butt, people lie for no reason. smh

Last edited:

Folks are opening their eyes to Haymer's foolishness but he doesn't see anything wrong with it. Oh well, guess they gotta live with that ignorance and classless dude.

:deadhorse:

... and that's what the Bayou Classic is going to turn into if this SU era/wannabes don't grow up fast. Trust me, the SU folks who know me know that I have the stripes to make that statement. Haymer better realize that his SU badge doesn't give him a "say what I the F I want in New Orleans" backyard pass. He will learn pretty soon. There are a few SU alums who I know for sure are pissed.

Man that clown for GSU on the mic got yall in that stuff...Dude was nit-picking at everything SU did the whole night...LOL..
I don't care about what other SU alums think..but I'm glad Haymer did what he did..man you just ain't go do slight lil shat to the band in front of a crowd like that...man I watched that whole thing and dude for GSU on the mic said lil slick shat here and there...
As far as the comment about Haymer saying the HS band..I mean???? is he lying..and he said "PERSONALLY" his opinion and the last time I checked, he is entitled to that..so those who are upset..get over it..and stop being so uppity and quit listening to these other schools about SU being disrespectful and not showing class...their program suck diaper piss and they wanna find everything under the sun to take down Haymer..dude is doing a good job and he's trying to make other BD step up their sh1t..which I don't blame him for doing

Man that clown for GSU on the mic got yall in that stuff...Dude was nit-picking at everything SU did the whole night...LOL..
I don't care about what other SU alums think..but I'm glad Haymer did what he did..man you just ain't go do slight lil shat to the band in front of a crowd like that...man I watched that whole thing and dude for GSU on the mic said lil slick shat here and there...
As far as the comment about Haymer saying the HS band..I mean???? is he lying..and he said "PERSONALLY" his opinion and the last time I checked, he is entitled to that..so those who are upset..get over it..and stop being so uppity and quit listening to these other schools about SU being disrespectful and not showing class...their program suck diaper piss and they wanna find everything under the sun to take down Haymer..dude is doing a good job and he's trying to make other BD step up their sh1t..which I don't blame him for doing

I concur, sir!....+1

Clown? The dude who announced responded because SU was nitpicking, i love it when yall overlook stuff. SU disrespects but you don't want to be disrespected? WTF Its becoming a trend with Su now though, i mean just weeks ago they played over Valley in The 5th Quarter. SMH. I'm all for trash talking but when you cross a certain line it because plain hood, classless, and ghetto.

Last edited:
Back