Battle of The Bands in Jackson: FAMU steals Jackson State show again!

Re: Re: Re: Battle of The Bands in Jackson: FAMU steals Jackson State show again!

Originally posted by TBone2
FAMU's band remind me of Grambling, they do the same thing every year, they me make so so so sick, can we drop FAMU from the Battle of the Bands and replace them with Southern?
I get so sick of people puttin the "G" in a negative light.
But,..... I get very pissed when you sit up here a flat out lie. Repeating shows in this band is unheard of and absolutely not true!!!!!!
Stick to the script!!!!!!!!!! ...:redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot:

Originally posted by TheLivingLegend
Stop crying and check up!!!

FAMU does not have a secret service unit in Jackson.

Maybe you will stop asking the promoter Mr. John Reyes to let y'all go last. IF YOU ARE SCARED SAY YOUR SCARED. FAMU is use to going last. The people will wait, that is a fact. Because it isn't what you do, it is how you do it.

So now you know, when you meet them in Indiana, bring the monkeys, bears, zebras, lion, tigers, clowns, fireworks, balloons, choir, bring everything you can fit on your buses there.

Here is a lesson for you, the same energy that you have when you march in playing "Get Ready," transfer that same energy to your halftime show, and maybe you wont be on here letting arse chunks fall out of your mouth.

I came on this site to see the result of the BOTB, being that I am retired from marching, and I enjoy coming to Jackson and this is what I get. Go to Practice, and stop all these girlish EXCUSES. Class is dismissed.

P.S. Beg your Director to let you come to Miami and face FAMU and BCC in the Dr. Martin Luther King Battle of the Bands in January. Please come out of the safe haven of Mississippi, and journey into our world, the real south!

Where Johnny Six Pack will even check your band up!
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Yall (jsu) should be the last one's to accuse someone of stealing anyway!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by tbonenupe
The engery JSU uses when coming into the stadium and the energy in the stands and 5th quarter needs to be transfered to the field. JSU has not had a goof field show all year, let the truth be told. Then JSU band cannot dance.

Every one knows Jackson State's field shows haven't been high energy since Dowell Taylor was Jackson State's band director. As for the Battle of the Bands Sunday, Alcorn was the best, Jackson State was second and FAMU was last. FAMU's band has quantity, but no quality. FAMU is sloppy on the field, they have no precision.

LEGEND...The G puts the G in negative light. GRAMBLING'S BAND HAS SUCKED FOR ATLEAST THE PAST 21 YEARS (as long as i have been living)....I KNOW THOSE YEARS FOR A FACT. lol. Grambling is garbage....PERIOD.

Originally posted by Unknowm
Every one knows Jackson State's field shows haven't been high energy since Dowell Taylor was Jackson State's band director. As for the Battle of the Bands Sunday, Alcorn was the best, Jackson State was second and FAMU was last. FAMU's band has quantity, but no quality. FAMU is sloppy on the field, they have no precision.

Same 'ol song :rolleyes:

What band do you represent?

No quality, huh?

Can your band match FAMUs sound? (I'm talking about quality of arrangements, tone quality, blend, balance, and power.)

Can you band play The Melody Shop, Sing Sing Sing, Elsa's Procession, Total Praise, Black and Blues and Never scared, and sound equally as good playing all of them?

Does your band do shows equally as creative and exciting? Would your band have even come up with the things the Hundred does?

If your band was held to the same standards as the Hundred is held to, what would be the result of such evaluation?

Basically, can your band do better?

We have these numbers because we were good decades ago when were were "small", and the formula hasn't changed just because we're big. Cut the band in half, and you'll still have a great band. It's the same 'ol song from some of ya'll. Time for a new excuse.

Re: Re: Re: Battle of The Bands in Jackson: FAMU steals Jackson State show again!

Originally posted by TBone2
FAMU's band remind me of Grambling, they do the same thing every year, they me make so so so sick, can we drop FAMU from the Battle of the Bands and replace them with Southern?

:lmao:

So let me get this straight. FAMU makes you sick because they "do the same thing every year"; however, you want them replaced with Southern??? I'll leave that alone. This thread is getting more and more hilarious!! Continue........

Originally posted by TheLivingLegend
Stop crying and check up!!!

FAMU does not have a secret service unit in Jackson.

So now you know, when you meet them in Indiana, bring the monkeys, bears, zebras, lion, tigers, clowns, fireworks, balloons, choir, bring everything you can fit on your buses there.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Bring in the Clowns.......Send in the clowns.......

Originally posted by Unknowm
Every one knows Jackson State's field shows haven't been high energy since Dowell Taylor was Jackson State's band director.

I've heard time and time again that JSU's band hasn't been the same since the Taylor Era.

Originally posted by "NOISE TALKA"
LEGEND...The G puts the G in negative light. GRAMBLING'S BAND HAS SUCKED FOR ATLEAST THE PAST 21 YEARS (as long as i have been living)....I KNOW THOSE YEARS FOR A FACT. lol. Grambling is garbage....PERIOD.
Whatever!!!!!! I know that's a lie. Let's just say that you have your taste and I have mines and it's sure is not coming to a game watching another band try to do our style as well as Southern's because they are having an identity crises!!! :rolleyes:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Battle of The Bands in Jackson: FAMU steals Jackson State show again

Originally posted by BlackCrat
:lmao:

So let me get this straight. FAMU makes you sick because they "do the same thing every year"; however, you want them replaced with Southern??? I'll leave that alone. This thread is getting more and more hilarious!! Continue........
Your took the words right out of my mouth !!!!! :nod: I see we as a people really can't agree on too much of anything!!!! :shame:

Jackson Fair, Jackson Dear

Originally posted by tbonenupe
I agree with this post. I am a former member of the Boom. That was not a good show. FAMU was the best. Alcorn was second and JSU last. The engery JSU uses when coming into the stadium and the energy in the stands and 5th quarter needs to be transfered to the field. JSU has not had a goof field show all year, let the truth be told. Then JSU band cannot dance. That has been going on for the last four to five years. JSU sounds good and that is it. Dance routine is weak everytime. FAMU I give you and BCC mad props. JSU could not come to Miami and do a halftime. The Boom is not on that dancing level yet. When I was in the Boom 91'-94' it was hard to get the students to dance. I think it is a Mississippi thing. Being from Mobile, we get that Miami base music and those dance moves that go with them. I was at FAMU this past weekend, and I saw the FAMU Connection perform. Man, they could dance so good. Then you have the "Strikers" dacne group on campus. My brother graduated from FAMU. He said it is that island, latin, flavor. It shows in FAMU and BCC dance routines. I have studied abroad in the islands and I see those same moves in FAMU dance routines. You all know how to do a halftime show and keep the crowd. It is a shame that FAMU looks so bad but you never look at the uniforms missing and sweat suites. FAMU keep representing. I like greatness when I see it.

You cannot use Memphis, Chicago, Detriot style dancing. You need to Florida, Miami, dance moves. So many people in JSU band come from St. Louis, Detriot, Chicago. That style will not work down south. It works good in Mississippi because everybody in Detriot, Chicago, Memphis, St. Louis, are from Mississippi.

I think JSU just need to be over hauled as it relates to the dance routine. The students in JSU band cannot dance. It was really proven this past Sunday night.

Okay, first of you need to spell check before posting something like this on the internet for all HBCUs/SWAC fans to read. What you need is to resign your status as ever having attended JSU and been a member of The Boom. Why on earth would you want JSU to sound and dance like a band from another state? Each school's band has it's own sound/flavor/style. I'd like to remind you that JSU is in JACKSON, MISSISSIPPI; not in the state of Florida that has a "Caribbean sound". If you like FAMU so much, that's your prerogative. But you shouldn't open your mouth . . . or your keyboard, for that matter, to low rate the JSU you were once a part of. If FAMU is so great, why didn't you attend that school and become a part of FAMU?s "exciting" band. Perhaps you should approach Jimmie James about a job as Dance Coordinator if he thinks you can do better! The Boom has been the best for years. They?re the band others always want to beat. I'm sure their performances could use a little fine-tuning, but I don't think I've ever seen one to yield a poor rating like this. The thing to remember is have a little loyalty to the school you attended.

I'm so tiered of ALCORN's weak azz band talking noise. You all were the worst band there. You all had a good show, and a nice dance but every other college was better. Alot better. Especially the trumpet players. You all know you shouldn't open your mouths. You all suck to the highest of suckstivity. How in the hell can you all talk. Alcorn is back seems to be the motto. THAT's a D**** lie. You all made a good drill and had a nice dance and that was it. If you all think for one second that you can hang with the Boom or FAMU you all are smoking some new sh*t. I don't understand why you do it to your selves. Knowing Da*m well you can't touch no swac band and half of the meac. Your own sectionleader ANTONIO know what's up. He asked me after the game how did they sound and ask him what I said. He agreed. Sound you all don't have. WICH IS THE MOST IMPORTANT. I haven't talked noise, I mean truth in a long time. You all bout to bring me out of retierment. Don't start no lies and wont be no truth exposed. Think about that before you say your next state ment on here because I will make you cry. Alcorn...Please...

Originally posted by Dwayne
I'm so tiered of ALCORN's weak azz band talking noise. You all were the worst band there. You all had a good show, and a nice dance but every other college was better. Alot better. Especially the trumpet players. You all know you shouldn't open your mouths. You all suck to the highest of suckstivity. How in the hell can you all talk. Alcorn is back seems to be the motto. THAT's a D**** lie. You all made a good drill and had a nice dance and that was it. If you all think for one second that you can hang with the Boom or FAMU you all are smoking some new sh*t. I don't understand why you do it to your selves. Knowing Da*m well you can't touch no swac band and half of the meac. Your own sectionleader ANTONIO know what's up. He asked me after the game how did they sound and ask him what I said. He agreed. Sound you all don't have. WICH IS THE MOST IMPORTANT. I haven't talked noise, I mean truth in a long time. You all bout to bring me out of retierment. Don't start no lies and wont be no truth exposed. Think about that before you say your next state ment on here because I will make you cry. Alcorn...Please...

***This post shows that anyone can have an opinion and the opinion still doesn't mean jack$hit to anyone.....especially if you don't understand what they are saying.....Next time use some spell check...Dayum, calm down...are you that upset...breathe man. :rolleyes:*** Some people have issues, I tell ya..

Go back and make these corrections, then we can discuss band like intelligent adults....:rolleyes:

1. Tired
2. Which
3. Retirement
4. Yourselves.....one word not two..
5. statement.....one word not a compound word..
6. A lot....not Alot
7.....and a lot of subject-verb agreement problems, fragments, run-on sentences, the lack of a lot of apostrophes, commas, and periods. Aren't you in college? My former high school and middle school students were better than you...:rolleyes:

You know. Usually, when people cant say anything else because they know they have been faced with the truth, they tend to do what you did. My spelling has nothing to do with the truth. I was typing fast anyway and the spelling isn't what is important. Guess what. Just pretend like I told you face to face and then what would you say..lol I'm sorry, what I said was a fact. True, a fact is something that can be proven but also a fact can be if everyone agrees. God is a fact because everyone agrees. Not because of proof. Alcorn was the worst College band is a fact because everyone who isn't from Alcorn and some in Alcorn's band agree. It's like the majority win. It's like when you learn how to round off numbers in school. If it is 5 or more it rounds to 10. Remember?

That doesn't make sense. If someone from ALcorn's band agreed that they were sub par then that would only mean that someone from Alcorn's band had a CONCURRING agreement. It could be based on a totally different idea.....and seeing as how you're from the outside looking in W.G.A.F.? If you're a spectator and you didn't enjoy their show then fine. If you want to critique it, it would be a whoooooole lot more mature to point out what you didn't like in respectful regards to your NEUTRAL opinion of what's correct. Anyone can say anything to your face because they might not want to argue with you.:rolleyes:

Good job all bands. (Even though I wasn't there) Is no one proud to see that many black people in a place together enjoying something instead of BS smacking and not smacking with good credibility? I'm saying this cuz their are folk on other sites saying Alcorn was pretty good and they look real promising. And these folk weren't from Alcorn.

Another thing..

What's with all this attitude?

Alcorn State has an impressive showing.....next thing we know..everyone is hostile and upset. What's all that about?

Alcorn.....

Yall are a little too excited...

Yes yall did improve that is great, but JSU taking a L from yall, you are mistakened. Yall did not out drill us, your dancers were not better than ours, you did not out march us, and did NOT sound better than us. The ONLY thing that yall had that MAY have been better was your dance routine. Like I said a big improvement from last year but yall have a little bit futher to go to be better than the Boom, but I am glad that yall think that stay encouraged. Oh by the way.....it's funny that it took 2 J-State, and one Southern alumnist to make your band sound better. We are glad that we continue to build you a better program.

Didn't your parents ever tell you to respect your teachers:(

NO!

Out of mere respect for the current staff at Alcorn State, I will refrain from rippin' your aforementioned statement to shreds. Aiight?

You have a wonderful evening..
:)

(exits)
(door slams)

I didn't say that Alcorn was slaw at the BOTB. They did have a good show. They just wern't better than JSU or FAMU. I wouldn't have said anything if some people were not talking cash money sh*t earlier in the topic. Thank you.

I was threw with this topic after I posted what I had to say eariler but I feel like saying something else now...

Why can't some folks jes let Sh*t ride?

Ok, someone comes on here and makes an azz of themselves...why entertain it?
I think a few of ya'll take what is said on these forums a little to seriously...Its all opinion, everyone has one...

You thought ASU was worst than FAMU and JSU

some thought JSU was worst than FAMU but better than ASU, and so one...

WHO THE FREAK CARES....We all showed up, showed out and had a good time representing our respective programs.

I think its time to let this BOTB go and move on to the next event...sheesh

Thank you all for finally ending this!! I never responded because I knew where it was going to go.
The one thing that shocked me in this entire thread is the fact that Bluebengal just straight up checked Tbonenupe!! All Tbonenupe did was tell the truth as he saw it.
Come on people. It's another week. JSU and FAMU are in Indy to face each other (yet again) and Alcorn is going to Fort Valley to face Fort Valley State.

It's time to move on! Fiyah, close this please!!

It's like the majority win. It's like when you learn how to round off numbers in school. If it is 5 or more it rounds to 10. Remember?

Dangerous statement......majority of the "Crackers" back in slavery time thought that black people should remain inslaved.........Where is your logic? You don't think before you type it is evident.... I jumped on your grammar because you are a "College" student. You can't even type a complete sentence how are you going discuss something with me..... You are a waste of time. I have to understand your sh!t first before I can understand what you trying to say... Sometimes I think you people don't know what an "OPINION" is. :rolleyes:

I didn't say that Alcorn was slaw at the BOTB. They did have a good show. They just wern't better than JSU or FAMU. I wouldn't have said anything if some people were not talking cash money sh*t earlier in the topic. Thank you.

That is your OPINION... You can argue that until your face turns blue. It doesn't make your opinion any better than mine or someone else... I don't care if 50,000 people share the same as you.. It is still an opinion...

Back