Battle of The Bands in Jackson: FAMU steals Jackson State show again!

Dr. Tripp

I attended the Battle of the Bands in Jackson today, I believe FAMU stole Jackson State's show again. I've never been impressed with FAMU's band so I'm not going to comment on them. All the high school bands were good, but I was most impressed with Canton, Greenville and Callaway and a middle school from Memphis. Alcorn has really improved; they really have a good sound. I never played in a college band, hopefully someone who did, can comment on what happen today.

just being real

everybody has their own opinion.

Im speaking for everybody on this one though. Alcorn was the best out of all the bands there. Famu didnt count. Jsu had a nice sound but they didnt show me anything on the field. Their field show was extremely boring and when they had the choir come out there singing like famu, that killed the spirit of the show so thats how they crashed n burned. Dont get me wrong jsu didnt suck but they could have did alot better. Alcorn has improved so much its a shame. Alcorn is like a different band. New uniforms....NEW sound.... New style. I dont know how to explain it but just by saying THEY'RE BAAAAACKKKKKK!!!!

oh yea.... out of the high schools. Jim hill could have did alot better if they had a better song selection. The best high school bands where i mix between Cway and Greenville. Both high schools did better than JSU though. ANY WAY GO ALCORN!!!:eek2: :cool: :) :)

Hmmmm.......let me me see....FAMU.....great sound , good routines, nice show overall. JSU....good sound, what coulda been a good show was destroyed when they had the choir come on the field, kinda long and boring. Most everyone left while they were having church. Alcorn suprised everyone with their performance. The boos when we first lined up on the field were quickly replaced by much love form the house. Look out SWAC....S.O.D. is back.

Me, Being from ATL, and half of ATL Bands being FAMU style, Im tired of seeing them and that same mess all the time...The only Highlight of their performance to me was "Praise is What I do"

JSU's show was long...and a bit boring towards the end...I'm mad they so much going on...all of that was not called for...anywayz they sounded good tho...

The only HS Bands I saw were Canton, Callaway, Jim Hill, and Murrah...
Canton is a Baby Boom fa real and they sound real nice
Callaway had a nice field presence and good sond quailty
Jim Hill has a very nice sound for their size, they was bringing it on ESPN, lol
Murrah....all tho they faced tha wrong side of the staidum, did very well...They have a nice clean and blanced sound...the show was rather boring tho...and their Drummajorette was awesome, till she did dat little "dance routine"....

that's all I have to say for now

Had a great time!

In regard to the Battle of the Bands on Saturday, I didn't get there until 5 so I never got to see what my high school (Greenville-Weston) did. However, what I did see was a very good show from Callaway's high school and a decent show from Canton. As far as the college bands go, I think overall you have to give it to FAMU because there really wasn't a lag in their show. However, Alcorn was VERY impressing with their show as well. There was a slight lag in a couple of spots, but overall they did a great job and I think their rebuilding faster than me or a lot of other people thought they would; because I was worried for a minute. J-State had a nice show but there were longer periods of lagging in it than the previous two bands. The gospel song was fine, but it didn't get the affect that FAMU's did earlier. The dance breakdowns and the gimmick with the big booty girls were good, but I think the crowd's interest had waned to a point where it's like they were fighting to get them back into it. Still a good show nevertheless. In any case, I enjoyed myself and wish all the bands luck for the rest of the season.

jsu show was fine it was just played at the wrong time, i dont know why they wait until last that way everyone is already to go but if you would have switch places around jsu show would have been on top of all the 2 college bands. hell it was getting cold in the stadium not jsu still did a good job minus the choir taking for ever. jsu field design and percision was better.

alcorn is not back they just brought their hold dayum school to support them.

they are better than last 3 years but.........

all the bands played the same song and dance to the same song you would have been tired after the 1st 8 bands out of 15 there in attendance.

Originally posted by JSU
I believe FAMU stole Jackson State's show again.

They did. FAMU has several members in their band from Jackson, they had to attend Jackson State?s practices or had someone in Jackson attend for them. The Barry White songs, David Banner and the same Gospel Song, it was no coincidence that both bands performed the songs, FAMU copied Jackson State's show, like they did last year. Next year Jackson State should perform first and FAMU should perform last. To tell you the truth I'm tired of seeing FAMU in the "Battle of the Bands, they take to long to enter and exit the field, they are a dayum circus! Alcorn did look and sound like a totally different band from last year, I was impressed, I guess it was their new uniforms. I hope they don't invite FAMU back; I'm tired of seeing them.

Re: Re: Battle of The Bands in Jackson: FAMU steals Jackson State show again!

Originally posted by BLUEBENGAL
They did. FAMU has several members in their band from Jackson, they had to attend Jackson State?s practices or had someone in Jackson attend for them. The Barry White songs, David Banner and the same Gospel Song, it was no coincidence that both bands performed the songs, FAMU copied Jackson State's show, like they did last year. Next year Jackson State should perform first and FAMU should perform last. To tell you the truth I'm tired of seeing FAMU in the "Battle of the Bands, they take to long to enter and exit the field, they are a dayum circus! Alcorn did look and sound like a totally different band from last year, I was impressed, I guess it was their new uniforms. I hope they don't invite FAMU back; I'm tired of seeing them.

ummmm sorry to bust your bubble but FAMU has been doing the same show since the beginning of the year..... and how can you say they "stole" praise is what I do" They played it the first game of the year along with the singer... matter of fact if you want to be technical SouthWest Dekalb played it in their spring jamboree back in May with singer included and there were a lot of JSU AND FAMU people there.... so i am 100% positive FAMU didnt steal it from JSU.

Stop crying and check up!!!

FAMU does not have a secret service unit in Jackson.

Maybe you will stop asking the promoter Mr. John Reyes to let y'all go last. IF YOU ARE SCARED SAY YOUR SCARED. FAMU is use to going last. The people will wait, that is a fact. Because it isn't what you do, it is how you do it.

So now you know, when you meet them in Indiana, bring the monkeys, bears, zebras, lion, tigers, clowns, fireworks, balloons, choir, bring everything you can fit on your buses there.

Here is a lesson for you, the same energy that you have when you march in playing "Get Ready," transfer that same energy to your halftime show, and maybe you wont be on here letting arse chunks fall out of your mouth.

I came on this site to see the result of the BOTB, being that I am retired from marching, and I enjoy coming to Jackson and this is what I get. Go to Practice, and stop all these girlish EXCUSES. Class is dismissed.

P.S. Beg your Director to let you come to Miami and face FAMU and BCC in the Dr. Martin Luther King Battle of the Bands in January. Please come out of the safe haven of Mississippi, and journey into our world, the real south!

Where Johnny Six Pack will even check your band up!

To tell you the truth I'm tired of seeing FAMU in the "Battle of the Bands, they take to long to enter and exit the field, they are a dayum circus!

This is a first, JSU calling someone else a circus!!!

THey must have rolled yall pretty good for you to let that even come out of your mouth! :lmao: :lmao:

Maybe, maybe not

I'm not sure about the copying thing. I'm not saying it's impossible, but I doubt that in this situation FAMU stole this show. If the show had been copied, I would have looked for other aspects like if both bands shows LOOKED alike in the drill and/or dance moves, a less likely song(s) that both bands would play (Barry White was a soul icon who died THIS year so a tribute is likely from more than just those two; Like a Pimp is a VERY popular song), or an exact arrangement of a song. Anyway, I will leave that between both bands to sort out. Now, the remark about Alcorn's fans being there is a bit old. If your performance was good, it was good. The same could have been said for JSU's performance since it was right there in Jackson and their fans came out in full force, but I won't because that was neither the case for them or Alcorn. If a band did well, just give them their props and move on. 1

Next year Jackson State should perform first and FAMU should perform last.

You don't have to wait until next year. The Circle City Classic is this weekend, FAMU vs. Jackson State; FAMU will be the home team, so that means Jackson State will be performing first.

Re: Re: Re: Battle of The Bands in Jackson: FAMU steals Jackson State show again!

Originally posted by DAHILL
ummmm sorry to bust your bubble but FAMU has been doing the same show since the beginning of the year..... and how can you say they "stole" praise is what I do" They played it the first game of the year along with the singer... matter of fact if you want to be technical SouthWest Dekalb played it in their spring jamboree back in May with singer included and there were a lot of JSU AND FAMU people there.... so i am 100% positive FAMU didnt steal it from JSU.
jsu you did sound good to me. they didn't accomplish what they thought they would. as far as stealling of shows. Dahhill, you are in the swac just as well as i am, and you know when jsu gets the business from famu or alcorn or any swac band they need to blame someone else for there part. this is a simple pschological case. when a person feels down and out he or she would fault someone else for there problems to help rebuild his or her self esteem. they just need a comfort zone, i seriously doubt famu will drive or fly over 500 miles to steal a show.

aahhhh

ALCORN GOT IN JSU AZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

so can you honestly say alcorn didnt do a better job than jsu?
can you honestly say jsu did a better job than alcorn?
please dont say they where equal cause alcorn did dem boyz in by a long shot

...why would i say they were equal.........?
Jackson State was clearly better than Alcorn.....:(
Are you coming to the Capital City Classic....if so, we can drop this. lol.

man alcorn T BONES was blowin yesterday

they change the whole sound of the band

dont get me wrong all sections where on point but da tbones stood out to me the most

especially on black n blues

Originally posted by "NOISE TALKA"

Jackson State was clearly better than Alcorn.....:(

jesus christ man, it won't hurt you to admit defeat atleast once in your life. it's pretty obvious who entertained the most, it's done. pull the ****ing stick outta your ass and REALIZE what that sunday was about. It was about that Dynomite...and please let me quote.."There is no Boom without the Dynomite". And you damn sure ain't saving no Boom with the choir. What the hell were you thinkin, your own fans ran out on you like a kicked in ant hill. i'm sick of people trying to be hard, why can't you give props to anyone, it won't kill your reputation..whatever that is on here, and I might not be known on here but i can speak my mind.

anyway, Jackson state university, you majorly dissappointed me by slaughtering the BOTB in your own home town.

ok i'm done ranting about how disgusted i am.

TO NOISE TALKER!

Edited by Fiyah....this is your only warning.....

Personal attacks will not be tolerated
:redhot: :redhot: :redhot:

Back