Battle of The Bands in Jackson: FAMU steals Jackson State show again!

Originally posted by Rollin Thunda
Hmmmm.......let me me see....FAMU.....great sound , good routines, nice show overall. JSU....good sound, what coulda been a good show was destroyed when they had the choir come on the field, kinda long and boring. Most everyone left while they were having church. Alcorn suprised everyone with their performance. The boos when we first lined up on the field were quickly replaced by much love form the house. Look out SWAC....S.O.D. is back.

Alcorn is much improved, but I don't know if I'd quite go that far..........back to what exactly?

Originally posted by TheLivingLegend
Stop crying and check up!!!

FAMU does not have a secret service unit in Jackson.

Maybe you will stop asking the promoter Mr. John Reyes to let y'all go last. IF YOU ARE SCARED SAY YOUR SCARED. FAMU is use to going last. The people will wait, that is a fact. Because it isn't what you do, it is how you do it.

So now you know, when you meet them in Indiana, bring the monkeys, bears, zebras, lion, tigers, clowns, fireworks, balloons, choir, bring everything you can fit on your buses there.

Here is a lesson for you, the same energy that you have when you march in playing "Get Ready," transfer that same energy to your halftime show, and maybe you wont be on here letting arse chunks fall out of your mouth.

I came on this site to see the result of the BOTB, being that I am retired from marching, and I enjoy coming to Jackson and this is what I get. Go to Practice, and stop all these girlish EXCUSES. Class is dismissed.

P.S. Beg your Director to let you come to Miami and face FAMU and BCC in the Dr. Martin Luther King Battle of the Bands in January. Please come out of the safe haven of Mississippi, and journey into our world, the real south!

Where Johnny Six Pack will even check your band up!

Sorry but FAMU is overrated, but I guess if you want to get excited about dancing for 15 minutes of a 20 minute show be my guest.

JSU, step into the light and the_truth shall make you free!

Why would FAMU steal your show? C'mon be for real!:lmao:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by TheLivingLegend

Stop crying and check up!!!

FAMU does not have a secret service unit in Jackson.

If you waxed, check up!!!!!!

Originally posted by FunkyTone_98_2
Alcorn is much improved, but I don't know if I'd quite go that far..........back to what exactly?

I don't have to guess what you do for a living, but if I took a shot at it....hating would be at the top of my list..;)

Ok,,,,Now for the truth. Jim Hill had the most power out of all the high schools and Calloway had the best dance. College: JSU this year was the best band there. Last year was FAMU. JSU had the most sound and was very crunk. The choir was ok but a little too long. FAMU did very well. THey danced for toooo long. No where neer the sound that they have had the last 2 years. For some reason the sound was muffeled. Nice Church song though. Alcorn. I must say, you all sounded decent. Had a pretty good show also. Just not better than JSU or Famu. I give the win this year to JSU. I love the Truck that Famu made with the rims. That was tight. This is the truth.

Originally posted by Dwayne
Ok,,,,Now for the truth. Jim Hill had the most power out of all the high schools and Calloway had the best dance. College: JSU this year was the best band there. Last year was FAMU. JSU had the most sound and was very crunk. The choir was ok but a little too long. FAMU did very well. THey danced for toooo long. No where neer the sound that they have had the last 2 years. For some reason the sound was muffeled. Nice Church song though. Alcorn. I must say, you all sounded decent. Had a pretty good show also. Just not better than JSU or Famu. I give the win this year to JSU. I love the Truck that Famu made with the rims. That was tight. This is the truth.

What college did you attend? (Taking a Guess) JSU.......Yeah thats about the only truth about your statement.....You went to JSU

I went to JSU and everything I said was true. What school do you go to? Alcorn I am Guessing. Your bad. Especially if you play trumpet.

Re: Re: Re: Battle of The Bands in Jackson: FAMU steals Jackson State show again!

Originally posted by VAcrat
This is a first, JSU calling someone else a circus!!!

THey must have rolled yall pretty good for you to let that even come out of your mouth! :lmao: :lmao:

:lmao:

Man i almost choked on this sandwich i'm eating when i read that!

Oh, and the comment about FAM stealing J-States show? Come on now.....let's come up with a better one than that. I wonder if they will change the show for the CCC, but i doubt it since it's in a new location. Come on FAM, let's put the SUV in the driveway:D ;)

dem ****s tight man

100% better than da last ones

somebody need to put some pictures or somethin on here cause i wanna see em up close
my brother told me da capes havent came in yet though

hey white rat
we need to talk man

do you have aol instant messenger
or yahoo instant messenger

if so what is your screenname on either of them
or anybody in alcorn band at least....

I'll go back and read this later

NESS...

So, basically, someone from the Hundred had to be at JSUs band camp/pre-drill since THE HUNDRED HAS BEEN DOING THAT SAME SHOW SINCE THE BOTB IN CHARLOTTE ON AUGUST 23, except for some changes in the dance routine they made FOR THE ATLANTA GAME TWO WEEKS AGO.

SMH at you at some of you JSU people.

This is how unnecessary beef gets started. People let pride block their common sense.

W.T what happened

Jackson State what is the damn deal...Yall was at practice all that time before the battle of the bands, what the hell was yall practicing on?:lmao: Yall went over board with that choir and also that male twirler needs to be shot and or hanged....I dont know which one was worse the male twirler or FAMU's boys twirling those fags.....oops I mean flags....I hope that was the last time that J-State performs that show because i have seen it enough times to do it on the field myself. The best thing that yall had going for yall was the J-setts....But as far as the band hell naw i really was ashamed to say that my school was from mississippi cause yall really didnt represent at all...It is jackson state right??? Forget that choir yall needed David Banner or somebody to come out when yall did like a pimp....Now that would have been tight....There's an idea for Capital City Classics....Hopefully you all would have a new show....P.s FAMU overall yall did represent I liked that whole ridin spinner or 24's whatever song that was yall was playing...I kinda fell asleep while yall where marching on the field...FAMU i got a question I here that yall let people perform who arent even in school....I know that it's true because i heard it from somebody that goes there....Till next time

In order to create there must be a dynamic force, and what force is more potent than Pride, Dedication, Unity, and Love?
T.O. P. Crab 02
T.O.P. DeDe (Who But Me?)
Beware of the WOLFPACK!
"HATED BY MANY, BUT RESPECTED BY ALL"

Re: Re: Battle of The Bands in Jackson: FAMU steals Jackson State show again!

Originally posted by BLUEBENGAL
To tell you the truth I'm tired of seeing FAMU in the "Battle of the Bands, they take to long to enter and exit the field, they are a dayum circus!

FAMU's band remind me of Grambling, they do the same thing every year, they me make so so so sick, can we drop FAMU from the Battle of the Bands and replace them with Southern?

HELL YES
YOU ARE SO TRUE MAN

JSU SLAWED OUT AT THE BOTB
FAMU WAS JUST SO PREDICTABLE ITS LIKE EVERYBODY ALREADY KNEW WHAT THEY WHERE GONNA DO BEFORE THEY EVEN TOUCHED THE FIELD. FAMU DOESNT NEED TO COME BACK ANYMORE. OR MAYBE JUST COME BACK IN LIKE 5 YEARS. IT NEEDS TO BE ALCORN, SOUTHERN, UAPB, and JSU. JSU IS JUST OLD TO ME ........:cool:

Here is a lesson for you, the same energy that you have when you march in playing "Get Ready," transfer that same energy to your halftime show, and maybe you wont be on here letting arse chunks fall out of your mouth.

I came on this site to see the result of the BOTB, being that I am retired from marching, and I enjoy coming to Jackson and this is what I get. Go to Practice, and stop all these girlish EXCUSES. Class is dismissed.

P.S. Beg your Director to let you come to Miami and face FAMU and BCC in the Dr. Martin Luther King Battle of the Bands in January. Please come out of the safe haven of Mississippi, and journey into our world, the real south!

Where Johnny Six Pack will even check your band up!

I agree with this post. I am a former member of the Boom. That was not a good show. FAMU was the best. Alcorn was second and JSU last. The engery JSU uses when coming into the stadium and the energy in the stands and 5th quarter needs to be transfered to the field. JSU has not had a goof field show all year, let the truth be told. Then JSU band cannot dance. That has been going on for the last four to five years. JSU sounds good and that is it. Dance routine is weak everytime. FAMU I give you and BCC mad props. JSU could not come to Miami and do a halftime. The Boom is not on that dancing level yet. When I was in the Boom 91'-94' it was hard to get the students to dance. I think it is a Mississippi thing. Being from Mobile, we get that Miami base music and those dance moves that go with them. I was at FAMU this past weekend, and I saw the FAMU Connection perform. Man, they could dance so good. Then you have the "Strikers" dacne group on campus. My brother graduated from FAMU. He said it is that island, latin, flavor. It shows in FAMU and BCC dance routines. I have studied abroad in the islands and I see those same moves in FAMU dance routines. You all know how to do a halftime show and keep the crowd. It is a shame that FAMU looks so bad but you never look at the uniforms missing and sweat suites. FAMU keep representing. I like greatness when I see it.

You cannot use Memphis, Chicago, Detriot style dancing. You need to Florida, Miami, dance moves. So many people in JSU band come from St. Louis, Detriot, Chicago. That style will not work down south. It works good in Mississippi because everybody in Detriot, Chicago, Memphis, St. Louis, are from Mississippi.

I think JSU just need to be over hauled as it relates to the dance routine. The students in JSU band cannot dance. It was really proven this past Sunday night.

Re: Re: Re: Battle of The Bands in Jackson: FAMU steals Jackson State show again!

Originally posted by TBone2
FAMU's band remind me of Grambling, they do the same thing every year, they me make so so so sick, can we drop FAMU from the Battle of the Bands and replace them with Southern?

We've been doing that "same 'ol thing" since '98, and taking over your house every time. If I were you, I'd be sick, too.

Nonsense

One thing I never could understand about people on these boards is that they can't give credit where it's due and accept criticism ESPECIALLY when you know you could have done better. There's nothing wrong with that, because it should get you in the mode of improving what you didn't do in that performance. Every year it's a new ballgame. Your legacy is only as good as your last year to an opposing band. When you take that field, you have a whole new year to prove that you are STILL the best, but everyone doesn't seem to realize that. Instead, they let pride get in the way, which is the main reason the SWAC bands have gone down in the last few years. No one wants to admit when their ish stinks.

Originally posted by tbonenupe

I agree with this post. I am a former member of the Boom. That was not a good show. FAMU was the best. Alcorn was second and JSU last. The engery JSU uses when coming into the stadium and the energy in the stands and 5th quarter needs to be transfered to the field. JSU has not had a goof field show all year, let the truth be told. Then JSU band cannot dance. That has been going on for the last four to five years. JSU sounds good and that is it. Dance routine is weak everytime. FAMU I give you and BCC mad props. JSU could not come to Miami and do a halftime. The Boom is not on that dancing level yet. When I was in the Boom 91'-94' it was hard to get the students to dance. I think it is a Mississippi thing. Being from Mobile, we get that Miami base music and those dance moves that go with them. I was at FAMU this past weekend, and I saw the FAMU Connection perform. Man, they could dance so good. Then you have the "Strikers" dacne group on campus. My brother graduated from FAMU. He said it is that island, latin, flavor. It shows in FAMU and BCC dance routines. I have studied abroad in the islands and I see those same moves in FAMU dance routines. You all know how to do a halftime show and keep the crowd. It is a shame that FAMU looks so bad but you never look at the uniforms missing and sweat suites. FAMU keep representing. I like greatness when I see it.

You cannot use Memphis, Chicago, Detriot style dancing. You need to Florida, Miami, dance moves. So many people in JSU band come from St. Louis, Detriot, Chicago. That style will not work down south. It works good in Mississippi because everybody in Detriot, Chicago, Memphis, St. Louis, are from Mississippi.

I think JSU just need to be over hauled as it relates to the dance routine. The students in JSU band cannot dance. It was really proven this past Sunday night.

:eek2: I must be dreaming......Someone from JSU who doesn't feel like they will die if they admit the truth.:eek2:

I just watched a tape from the famu/bama st. game (august 30th) and famu did the same show then in Detroit as they did in Jackson this past Sunday. I wouldn't say they stole jsu's show.

i wouldnt' either, and i grew up going to all of their summer camps (before i saw the light). but famu style will naturally get house in jackson, jacksonians dont see it often. but the truth will really be told this weekend. but that is the truth about our dance routines.

now alcorn you guys are much improved, glad to see you need more staff from jsu to help you guys out. but dont get it twisted, you are still going to get blown back to the sticks come CCC. glad to see that the S in asu was fixed this year.

anyway much props to all bands..

alcorn is back:lmao:

Back