Band Director's Funniest Moments

Verdict

"Jay"
Can anybody think of the funniest moments at band practice w/ your band directors??

Things they've done and/or said???

Post crazy quotes by your band directors that you'll never forget.

I know my JSU peeps have plenty to speak on. lol. :D

I know SU has a good few as well.

What about UAPB, TxSU, AAMU, Alcorn, or even Valley!! lol. :D

Old heads, post your crazy moments too!!

1999, band practice before the Bayou Classic.

DOC~ The moneys that will be generated from this event will be slip between GRAMBLING AND I

Spring 1997
DOC~ *Showing off the stage band to the rest of the band*, *leaning back in chair, stunting*. BOOOOM the black man hits the floor...LMAO
Band members gather around him to see if he is ok...some bandmembers laughing their arses off...
DOC says "Get the F@#% from around me, I can help myself"

Spring 1997

DOC~ calls three of us crabs in his office....
and tells us "I know I'm getting old, and my days may not be long....you 3 are some good kids...promise me you'll come to my funeral when I pass

US 3~ why you talking like that DOC, but we'll come when you pass..

DOC~ OK, well promise me one more thing...

US 3~ what is that DOC

DOC~ when they lay me in my grave,make sure I am facing FACE down.

US 3~ Why Doc??:confused:

DOC~ SO, everybody can KISS MY BLACK ARSE!!!!

TRUE STORY!!!!!!!!

more to come.......

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Originally posted by SUtrp96
1999, band practice before the Bayou Classic.

DOC~ The moneys that will be generated from this event will be slip between GRAMBLING AND I

Spring 1997
DOC~ *Showing off the stage band to the rest of the band*, *leaning back in chair, stunting*. BOOOOM the black man hits the floor...LMAO
Band members gather around him to see if he is ok...some bandmembers laughing their arses off...
DOC says "Get the F@#% from around me, I can help myself"

Spring 1997

DOC~ calls three of us crabs in his office....
and tells us "I know I'm getting old, and my days may not be long....you 3 are some good kids...promise me you'll come to my funeral when I pass

US 3~ why you talking like that DOC, but we'll come when you pass..

DOC~ OK, well promise me one more thing...

US 3~ what is that DOC

DOC~ when they lay me in my grave,make sure I am facing FACE down.

US 3~ Why Doc??:confused:

DOC~ SO, everybody can KISS MY BLACK ARSE!!!!

TRUE STORY!!!!!!!!

:lmao:

"Short! Detached!! Seperated!!! I know your beginning band teacher didn't teach you that!!!! If they did, You need to go and slap da ish out of them"

ME:D

Fall 1997, 1st game in Chicago....

Before the game the band visits Soldier Field, and they had the press there because Jesse Jackson was there for something I dunno

~Jesse Jackson was there and DOC saw him, they both knew each other so they were talking...so the press wanted to take a picture of them both..So Jesse and some of the press people saw that DOC's Wife was there and they wanted her in the picture as well...

~DOC kept trying to rush the picture so she wouldn't be in it.....MOMME knew they wanted her inthe picture so she was giving DOC that look.

~PRESS kept pushing the issue that they wanted her in the picture...

~DOC, finally says "COME ON HO".....I was dying in the inside..

after they took the picture

~MOMME~ Says, "ya Bytch"

that killed me...I was like :lmao: the whole ride back to the Hotel.

well one funny experience we had here at UAPB was when Mr. Graham was really hot at practice and he called the band a bunch of p*ssies!:D I was like whoa:eek2:! I didn't think he had it in him! the whole band was in the stand cracking the "F" up and to make it worse he said it over the megaphone! he usually just creates a word from what I like to call the Graham's Dictionary, ya know words that make absolutley no sense at all. Like ...hmm let me think... :confused: :idea: ah yes my personal favorite Trifledike!:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: . The entire band is like wtf? If anyone, I mean ANYONE, can tell me what that word means there is a reward!:D

When Graham trip over a wire at the stadium. We was rollin. Yeah Shy Graham has that dictionary. What really got me when he said azzmatic band.

Check This one out

Now this may apply to various years......

Friday Night after BOTB in New Orleans.........
The band gets back on the bus thinking we bout to eat.

So we pull up to the hotel, ok we thinkong we he gonna let us change clothes to eat.......

it has almost been a hour......so a group of upperclassmen marches to DOC SUITE......

BANGS ON his door.....

Angry group~ DOC, are we going to eat?
hence the angry group is mostly from New Orleans.

DOC~ *come to the door in a NIGHT ROBE chewing on some food*...." Ain't yall from here(NEW ORLEANS)

A.G.~ Yeah we from here, but we came down here with you....bandmembers in the back of crowd yelling "Ya black BYTCH you better feed us" other people saying "LETZ get that BYTCH"

DOC~ is now getting nervous, "Well I tell ya what I'll do, meet me down stairs in about 30 minutes, and I'll give ya'' some money. SO the BLACK man gave us 10 dollars a piece. :(

Later on while walking down the hall DOC, stil can't see why we are made...He is telling the other directors " Aren't they from New Orleans? They can go home and eat"

ASST. DIRECTORS~ "DOC they are down here as a band, you have to feed them kids"

DOC~ And they so called CRAB BROTHERS....YOU are your brothers keeper aren't you? SO why in the hell the NEW ORLEANS FOLKS in the band can't take their crab brothers from out of town home with them and eat?

That black man is off the hook!!!!

IN 97' DOC TAKES ONE OF MY CRAB BROTHERS HORN FROM HIM AND SAYS " IM GONNA SHOW YOU HOW THE TRUMPET IS SUPPOSED TO BE PLAYED." HE TAKES THE HORN LICKS THE MOUTHPIECE SPITS ALL OVER IT TRYING TO PLAY A SCALE AND THEN SAYS " THATS HOW YOU PLAY DUMMY."

IN 97' DOC TAKES ONE OF MY CRAB BROTHERS HORN FROM HIM AND SAYS " IM
GONNA SHOW YOU HOW THE TRUMPET IS SUPPOSED TO BE PLAYED." HE TAKES
THE HORN LICKS THE MOUTHPIECE SPITS ALL OVER IT TRYING TO PLAY A SCALE
AND THEN SAYS " THATS HOW YOU PLAY DUMMY."

I remember that shat...LMAO, I remember it too well.

In Chicago Fall 2001:

Doc: Y'all have until 4:30 to be back on the bus and ready to go!

Band Member: Well, where can we go?

Doc: YOU CAN GO TO HELL!! Just be back on th bus at 4:30!!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Hey Smallone......

Doc: "Evry-body take ya' hats off."

Band Member: "But Doc, it's rainin' out here."

Doc: "Hats off."

Band Member: "Doc!!"

Doc: "Hats off. Gloves too."

Fall 96

We just started learning MAGIC MIND *first time SU BAND played it*
*DOC bust throught the door, after hearing us practice MAGIC MIND...he looks at the 2nd trumpet section. He points a second player out*

DOC~ "on you"

2nd trpt player ~ *starts playing the run off of the paper*

DOC ~ "No MUDAFUGGA with out the music"

2nd trpt player ~ "DOC we just got it"

DOC ~ " We playing it Saturday ain't we"

2nd trpt player ~ "Yes, sir"

DOC ~ "well play it"

2nd trpt player ~ *Surprisingly plays it without messing a note, but it was weak...lol*

DOC ~ is that the loudest you can play?

2nd trpt player ~ No sir

DOC ~ Well blow the MUDFUGGA with some NUTZ

2nd trpt player ~ *just didn't have the volume DOC was looking for..lol.*

DOC ~ Ima have to switch your arse to piccolo, I can fart louder than that shat coming out of your horn...

The whole band was like

:lmao: :lmao:

And another....

*On the bus traveling to the game....*

Trumpets are in the back making a lot of noise, trippin' out, playing crap, yellin' and screamin'....*

Dr. Magruder: "Hey, hey!!!" "Calm dat' s*** down."

*Everybody knows what he meant except one trumpet player....*

*Trumpet player was still actin' a fool....*

*Dr. Magruder walks to the back of the bus, looks dude in the eyes and says....*

"Fool, didn't I tell yo' a** to stop talkin'. That's why everybody calls you dumb.........DUMBA**!!!!

Everyone on the bus died laughin'.

Everyone who's in the band knows who I'm talkin' about.

DOC: "Get behind the neck!!! Behind the neck!! Behind the neck!!"

**Band member still out of line.**

DOC: "GET YO F**KIN' A** IN LINE BOY!!!"

The man is hilarious, y'all....

In the bandroom...
Doc was talking about some bulls*** as always....

DOC: "You have to use your spatcha skills."

Mellphone player: "Uh, don't you mean 'spatial'?"

DOC: "NO! It's 'spatcha'...S-P-A-T-I-A-L. It's two pronounciations for it!!"

:lmao:

Now, this tripped us out...

Everybody has seen Doc in public....You know, with his hat tilted to the side, his tie crooked, yelling and cussing at the band. And before we went to Dallas, he has the audacity to say....

"Don't go out here and embarrass and humiliate me!!!":rolleyes:

Here's another one.....

At the start of the Jackson MLK Parade...

Doc (in this super burly, but yet calm voice):
"Take your gloves off. Gloves off. Gloves off. Gloves off. Gloves off..."

Mind you, he was standing right in front of me the whole time he was saying it.

I'm standing here looking at this man, like, "???" How many got-dayum times are you gonna say it??!!

<small>Some part of his brain must've malfunctioned....</small>

Back