Apple Iphone info..

^^^^^^^^^
Doesn't matter how it happened. Just get him and her a new phone and let's move on.

Thanks for you support.

Management.

Im walking around now trying to find out info on this potential buy out though...

Huge rumor mill that ma' bell wants FULL and TOTAL control of iPhone, future development, future capacities, direction, etc :read: I haven't had an opportunity to investigate too much as we've been busy putting out TomTom and TiVo fires. :read: :shame:

LOL @ everyone griping about iPhone. .

What is up with the problems they say they are having with the batteries?

There was an article in the paper, stating that customers cannot go out and buy a new battery and replace it themselves when the battery go out. Iphone users will have to ship their phone off to Apple? AT&T?..somewhere ~shrugs~ and they will service and replace the battery for you. The user will be given a loaner phone until their iphone is returned back to them. The cost is $79 plus shipping & handling. They didnt tell the customers about this beforehand.

"Snake"

There was an article in the paper, stating that customers cannot go out and buy a new battery and replace it themselves when the battery go out. Iphone users will have to ship their phone off to Apple? AT&T?..somewhere ~shrugs~ and they will service and replace the battery for you. The user will be given a loaner phone until their iphone is returned back to them. The cost is $79 plus shipping & handling. They didnt tell the customers about this beforehand.

"Snake"

*CHAAAAAAA-CHING!* :happydance: lol

Lets see... we have a corp shipping rate of .79 per pkg w/ UPS for any pkg up to 4lbs... :emlaugh: Cost of re-box is ~1.37$ lol.... Paying technicians an overly aggressive 10$ per hour.... hmmmmmmmmmmm.... :read: Can U say... most good profit? :uhoh:

Not that I'd know anything about all of this. :uhoh: :read:

*CHAAAAAAA-CHING!* :happydance: lol

Lets see... we have a corp shipping rate of .79 per pkg w/ UPS for any pkg up to 4lbs... :emlaugh: Cost of re-box is ~1.37$ lol.... Paying technicians an overly aggressive 10$ per hour.... hmmmmmmmmmmm.... :read: Can U say... most good profit? :uhoh:

Not that I'd know anything about all of this. :uhoh: :read:

Bruh....."game" at its finest. These companies got game LOL!

"Snake"

Bruh....."game" at its finest. These companies got game LOL!

"Snake"

Eggs-zactly what it is. Corp game. :smh: It's bad enough one cannot insure the phone and we all know why, speaking as a consumer.

I feel for everyone who either fell for the okey-doke or will fall for the okey-doke really soon. Unproven cutting edge technology doesn't mean that much to me. :read:

lol Tried it. Not for me. It's a kids toy.

I'm "downgrading" lol later next week to the Treo 780. It's so.....blackberryish. :swink:

I lied. Had to surf palmOne's site to see that a <b>Treo 680</b> was ordered and should arrive w/in the day. Has some neat features like it's predecessor of the 600 series.

I found this ONE particular thing interesting though. :) I told some a looooooooong time ago that you could indeed use your old mobile phone as a wireless modem <b>w/out the additional charges associated w/ surfing. You'd be charged the equivalent of 'talk' time. </b> Back in the olden days of the late 90s, one could've had lets say a Nokia 6600 (I think) or something thereabouts when NOK was the rage and purchased a cable that accessed a data port in the phone where one could use it as a wireless modem. :) And, the wireless carriers, at that time, <b>did not know how to bill for it separately from voicing services</b>. :read: Now? The flood gates are open and they'll bill you if you sneeze incorrectly whilst utilizing their wireless svc. :emlaugh:

<a href="http://www.palm.com/us/products/smartphones/treo680/dialup.html">Click Here for what caught my eye earlier</a>

Fugg an iPhone.

Its got too much stuff going on.
Its like them DVD/VCR/TV's that was out some years back.

So if my VCR breaks down Im pretty much screwed cause the others wont work either.

Too much stuff going on.

I lied. Had to surf palmOne's site to see that a <b>Treo 680</b> was ordered and should arrive w/in the day. Has some neat features like it's predecessor of the 600 series.

I found this ONE particular thing interesting though. :) I told some a looooooooong time ago that you could indeed use your old mobile phone as a wireless modem <b>w/out the additional charges associated w/ surfing. You'd be charged the equivalent of 'talk' time. </b> Back in the olden days of the late 90s, one could've had lets say a Nokia 6600 (I think) or something thereabouts when NOK was the rage and purchased a cable that accessed a data port in the phone where one could use it as a wireless modem. :) And, the wireless carriers, at that time, <b>did not know how to bill for it separately from voicing services</b>. :read: Now? The flood gates are open and they'll bill you if you sneeze incorrectly whilst utilizing their wireless svc. :emlaugh:

<a href="http://www.palm.com/us/products/smartphones/treo680/dialup.html">Click Here for what caught my eye earlier</a>

My wife just purchased that phone last week. She loves playing with it. Still trying to figure out all the bells and whistles.

Anyone know what's up with my ipods charge.

I wont last more that 4 hours now.

Full story

NJ teen unlocks iPhone from AT&T network

By PETER SVENSSON, AP Technology Writer 37 minutes ago

A 17-year-old hacker has broken the lock that ties Apple's iPhone to AT&T's wireless network, freeing the most hyped cell phone ever for use on the networks of other carriers, including overseas ones.
George Hotz of Glen Rock, N.J., confirmed Friday that he had unlocked an iPhone and was using it on T-Mobile's network, the only major U.S. carrier apart from AT&T that is compatible with the iPhone's cellular technology. In a video posted to his blog, he holds an iPhone that displays "T-Mobile" as the carrier.
While the possibility of switching from AT&T to T-Mobile may not be a major development for U.S. consumers, it opens up the iPhone for use on the networks of overseas carriers.
"That's the big thing," said Hotz, in a phone interview from his home.
The phone, which combines an innovative touch-screen interface with the media-playing abilities of the iPod, is sold only in the U.S.
Calls to AT&T and Apple for comment were not immediately returned. The companies had not been in touch with Hotz, he said.
The hack, which Hotz posted Thursday to his blog, is complicated and requires skill with both soldering and software. It takes him about two hours to perform. Since the details are public, it seems likely that a small industry may spring up to buy U.S. iPhones, unlock them and send them overseas.
"That's exactly, like, what I don't want," Hotz said. "I don't want people making money off this."
He said he wished he could make the instructions simpler, so users could modify the phones themselves.

NJ teen unlocks iPhone from AT&T network

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070824/ap_on_hi_te/iphone_unlocked

By PETER SVENSSON, AP Technology

NEW YORK - Armed with a soldering iron and a large supply of energy drinks, a slight, curly haired teenager has developed a way to make the iPhone, arguably the gadget of the year, available to a much wider audience.

George Hotz of Glen Rock, N.J., spent his last summer before college figuring out how to "unlock" the iPhone, freeing it from being restricted to a single carrier, AT&T Inc.

The procedure, which the 17-year-old laid out on his blog Thursday, raises the possibility of a cottage industry springing up to buy iPhones, unlocking them and then selling them to people who don't want AT&T service or can't get it, particularly overseas.

The phone, which combines an innovative touch-screen interface with the media-playing abilities of the iPod, is currently sold only in the U.S.

http://www.time.com/time/business/article/0,8599,1678581,00.html

The iPhone was named invention of the year by Time magazine.

Stop. I mean, don't stop reading this, but stop thinking what you're about to think. Or, O.K., I'll think it for you:

The thing is hard to type on. It's too slow. It's too big. It doesn't have instant messaging. It's too expensive. (Or, no, wait, it's too cheap!) It doesn't support my work e-mail. It's locked to AT&T. Steve Jobs secretly hates puppies. And?all together now?we're sick of hearing about it! Yes, there's been a lot of hype written about the iPhone, and a lot of guff too. So much so that it seems weird to add more, after Danny Fanboy and Bobby McBlogger have had their day. But when that day is over, Apple's iPhone is still the best thing invented this year.

Select link above for full article.

Back