Apple Iphone info..

Terrell_SU

Wow! Stupid pple do exist
First off... The iphone will be released on june 29th as Televised.

AT&T signed a 5 year exclusive deal with APPLE to offer this phone. SO no, none of the other carriers will have this phone. Sorry!

Some of the Pro's..
  • u can pre purchase it i believe at apple stores but im not 100% certain.
  • Sim security, u cant put any sim in the phone. the sim has to be on ur acct of the phone wont work. (nice addition)
    so if someone finds ur phone or steals ur phone.. THey have a ipod paper weight.
  • It's wide screen ipod.
  • also it has a modulator(forgot the actual name) that auto recognizes & transitions the screen when the phone is turned sideways (wide screen view; as seen on commercials)
  • Phone auto adjust to lighting (dims in bright area's...brightens in dark area's)
  • It's has a sensor that determines phones position (ie to ur face or sitting on a table..) that will not allow u to accidently dial or open application
    ie if ur on a call it wont open up itunes b/c ur face touched the screen.
  • It has Visual Voice mail *its real nice*. You can see the callers name if programed into your address book. Else it will show Unknown.
Unfortunately it will be an extra charge to use the feature..

Some of the Con's...
  • NO DISCOUNTS ( no upgrade or new customer anything)... NO REBATES at all!
  • TO purchase one u MUST SIGN A 2 yr svc agreement. Or get it with prepay svc (which u will incur alot of premium charges)
  • NO WARRANTY from ATT (formerly cingular wireless).. APPLE HAS a (very) limited warranty to cover the phone.
  • NOT ELIGIBLE FOR INSURANCE! ... not now not ever!
  • You have 14 days to return the phone under buyers remorse and be refunded. However if the box is opened you will have to pay a 10% restocking fee.
    If outside of 14 days.. u get no refund on the phone.
OH yeah!! It comes in two sizes 4 GB for $499 or the 8GB $599 (again u must pay this price no discounts will be offered)
The phone is all touch screen.. so be prepared to clean the screen daily..

Thats like a quick summary! If any of you have questions about the iphone just give me a hollar.
Regards,

The New AT&T Tech Support Dept

First off... The iphone will be released on june 29th as Televised.

AT&T signed a 5 year exclusive deal with APPLE to offer this phone. SO no, none of the other carriers will have this phone. Sorry!

Some of the Pro's..
  • u can pre purchase it i believe at apple stores but im not 100% certain.
  • Sim security, u cant put any sim in the phone. the sim has to be on ur acct of the phone wont work. (nice addition)
    so if someone finds ur phone or steals ur phone.. THey have a ipod paper weight.
  • It's wide screen ipod.
  • also it has a modulator(forgot the actual name) that auto recognizes & transitions the screen when the phone is turned sideways (wide screen view; as seen on commercials)
  • Phone auto adjust to lighting (dims in bright area's...brightens in dark area's)
  • It's has a sensor that determines phones position (ie to ur face or sitting on a table..) that will not allow u to accidently dial or open application
    ie if ur on a call it wont open up itunes b/c ur face touched the screen.
  • It has Visual Voice mail *its real nice*. You can see the callers name if programed into your address book. Else it will show Unknown.
Unfortunately it will be an extra charge to use the feature..

Some of the Con's...
  • NO DISCOUNTS ( no upgrade or new customer anything)... NO REBATES at all!
  • TO purchase one u MUST SIGN A 2 yr svc agreement. Or get it with prepay svc (which u will incur alot of premium charges)
  • NO WARRANTY from ATT (formerly cingular wireless).. APPLE HAS a (very) limited warranty to cover the phone.
  • NOT ELIGIBLE FOR INSURANCE! ... not now not ever!
  • You have 14 days to return the phone under buyers remorse and be refunded. However if the box is opened you will have to pay a 10% restocking fee.
    If outside of 14 days.. u get no refund on the phone.
OH yeah!! It comes in two sizes 4 GB for $499 or the 8GB $599 (again u must pay this price no discounts will be offered)
The phone is all touch screen.. so be prepared to clean the screen daily..

Thats like a quick summary! If any of you have questions about the iphone just give me a hollar.
Regards,

The New AT&T Tech Support Dept

I'm so thinking about getting one

yall can keep that shat. :lol: it's nice, but the risk right now, no warranty, no insurance, no discounts, i aint feeling that. but since i don't have Cingular anymore, doesn't really matter.

yall can keep that shat. :lol: it's nice, but the risk right now, no warranty, no insurance, no discounts, i aint feeling that. but since i don't have Cingular anymore, doesn't really matter.

ditto what XHALE said. No Insurance, no discounts, and no warranty = no BUY-O

The only thing I'll pay $500+ dollars for without a warranty is a used car. No warranty or insurance means it going to be a piece of shat.

The only thing I'll pay $500+ dollars for without a warranty is a used car. No warranty or insurance means it going to be a piece of shat.

I wouldn't call it that Phrat. It may have some bugs, but that phone is the real deal.

I wouldn't call it that Phrat. It may have some bugs, but that phone is the real deal.

well it might be the real deal, but if you drop it with no warranty, it's a done deal. i refuse spend 5 bills on the same thing twice. they wrong for that shat.

....no insurance on a phone priced like that?

I like the phone, but d@mn....thats messed up. So I gotta pay them ANOTHER 5 hunnerd to replace the one I accidentily dropped??!!

Thats game right there.

LOL

"Snake"

Oh, I'm not debating it is not the real deal. However, its not IF it breaks (mess-up, crash, etc), its WHEN it breaks (mess-up or crash). If the cost was $150 without a warranty, then yeah I'll take the chance, but $500 and all they can do is stand behind their product for 14 days????

I think they do that for the scam/fraud factor with the insurance. Folk will be "losing" that phone left and right and getting a new one. They don't offer insurance on PDA's now. My last phone was a blackberry 7100g. No insurance. I have a treo 680 now. No insurance.

I think they do that for the scam/fraud factor with the insurance. Folk will be "losing" that phone left and right and getting a new one. They don't offer insurance on PDA's now. My last phone was a blackberry 7100g. No insurance. I have a treo 680 now. No insurance.

I think the "no-insurance" thing is for just some carriers. I have insurance, and damage protection on my 700p with Sprint. Fraud does play a huge factor because you have unscrupulous people using it for their advantage.

Since I own an Ipod, I can see how that device can get fugged up.. I suggest buying the phone from a retailer like Best Buy who may offer a replacement plan for it based on its selling price. I bought a 3 year protection package for all of my digicams, etc for about 79 dollars. If you divide 36 months into 79, you come out cheaper going that route. If you bring it in and they can't fix it, you get either the model you have or whatever the equivalent is at the time. So 3 years later, you are still entitled to a 600 dollar phone.

Just a suggestion.

Like Robber said, I have a TREO and there was no insurance offered for it, just a 1 yr warranty. I thought the 1 yr. warranty was ok for the usage I would get out of it in a year in case it didn't work past the year. However, a 14 day warranty is ridiculous. It is not a wise, business investment to pay
$500 or $600 for a phone that is not guaranteed to work after 2 weeks. :tdown:

I'm disappointed to learn this. I was quite intrigued when I saw this phone advertised and said maybe in a year after the kinks are worked out I'll get one. If the warranty is still 14 days, I won't even consider it. Not even for the tax write off.

I have had a blackberry pearl for a while now with very limited insurance.... You are basically buying a new one if it breaks on ya...

The Blackberry Pearl is cool but I only have one problem with it. It doesn't log my calls every now and then.

I thought about buying the Blackberry Curve.

Remember the winning Engadget commercial, "The Long Arm of Steve Jobs"? We posted it after the break, but finding someone who's spent some serious time with a pre-launch iPhone and getting them to talk is basically a lot like that. Still, we managed to smuggle out some freshly leaked details from a very trusted inside source who's been fooling around with a unit. Here's what they had to say:

• The keyboard was simply described as "disappointing". Keyboarding with two thumbs often registers multiple key presses (two or three at a time) resulting in a lot of mistakes. The best way to type is with a single finger (as shown in most of Apple's demos), but two thumbs is supposedly very difficult. After trying it for a number of days our source gave up using their thumbs.
  • The text auto-correction only works well for simple words, but doesn't work for proper names. We can only assume this bit will get better with time as Apple fills out its predictive text dictionary.
  • "It won't replace a BlackBerry. It's not good for text input. It's just not a business product."
  • The touchscreen was said to, in general, require somewhat hard presses to register input, and needs some getting used to.
  • In addition to its dock, the iPhone comes packaged with a polishing cloth (the thing's supposedly a fingerprint magnet, no surprise) and the usual smallish power adapter.
  • The Bluetooth headset will debut in the $120 range, and will come with its own dock for charging both the phone and the headset. The headset will feature a miniature magnetic charging interface ? la MagSafe.

Click on for more impressions on the headset, browser, YouTube, and more.
  • The Bluetooth headset has a hidden LED and is supposedly a very small and elegant device. Sound quality is said to be "typical". There is no clip; like many headsets you're expected to just let it hang out of your ear, as previously shown.
  • The browser "worked well" but page load speeds on EDGE were just as slow as expected. It sounds like 3G users will have a tough run with this.
  • Users must scroll through the address book (or use the alphabet-drag on the side) -- one cannot bring up the keyboard and type in a name, as many of us are used to.
  • Shocker: YouTube over EDGE didn't work well at all, and will basically necessitate use of WiFi.

Link to full article

I want one but at $370 for the phone before service, they can have it right now. :nod:
I don't need to talk in that much style. :lmao:

May as well get a Blackberry or something that's worth while.

I wouldn't GAF if it did have insurance and a warranty....for $500+ dollars, the kid won't have it, regardless...I wish I would! :tdown:

Warn you got to upgrade and get off that
index.jpg

LOL.

I put the code in place 2 weeks ago to start tracking/shipping these things to customers. Saw one for the first time face to face yesterday evening. Pretty nice device.

I'm upgrading to the iPhone Friday (just in time for it to jack up over the w/e lol) and I pulled a TomTom GO 910 yesterday. Impressive devices. :tup:

It's not viable or cost effective for the manufacturer or wireless distributor to provide insurance on the highly priced phones because repair on them would become a monstrosity (in terms of man hours: read-> dollars spent). :)

LOL.

I put the code in place 2 weeks ago to start tracking/shipping these things to customers. Saw one for the first time face to face yesterday evening. Pretty nice device.

I'm upgrading to the iPhone Friday (just in time for it to jack up over the w/e lol) and I pulled a TomTom GO 910 yesterday. Impressive devices. :tup:

It's not viable or cost effective for the manufacturer or wireless distributor to provide insurance on the highly priced phones because repair on them would become a monstrosity (in terms of man hours: read-> dollars spent). :)

P,

Why is att acting like azzholes with the rate plan for this phone. I want one but I need to know what the monthly cost going to hit me for...

Back