Apple’s Next Event to Be Held on October 4, Starring Its New CEO

:lol:

Penis envy.

You Android folks kill me.

I've never been worried about somebody else's dick. I'm quite happy with my own.

I've had an iPhone since 2009, and recently got that Samsung Galaxy S II, which runs on Android. I also have an iPad 64GB wifi. I must say that I am MUCH MUCH happier with Android than I've ever been with my iPhone. I had no idea what I was missing out on. Many of the silly restrictions that Apple puts on their devices are a thing of the past for me now, at least as far as my phone goes.

I've had an iPhone since 2009, and recently got that Samsung Galaxy S II, which runs on Android. I also have an iPad 64GB wifi. I must say that I am MUCH MUCH happier with Android than I've ever been with my iPhone. I had no idea what I was missing out on. Many of the silly restrictions that Apple puts on their devices are a thing of the past for me now, at least as far as my phone goes.

What restrictions are those?

What restrictions are those?
  • No user replaceable battery.
  • Can't use the phone for mass storage via usb like a usb stick.
  • No access to the file system.
  • Very limited customization.
  • Only one app store.
  • No bluetooth file transfer.
  • Can only use a limited set of file types as an email attachment.
  • No flash support.
  • Limited alternatives for core apps. With Android, if I don't like the stock SMS program, I can install a new one. The same goes with the dialer, contacts app, etc.
  • No location aware customization. For example, with my Android phone, I have my phone automatically go into silent mode when I get a certain distance from work, and it undoes that when I leave work. This can be based on location or a time schedule that I set. This is not just with silent mode, but numerous things can be set based on location and/or time.
  • Too much censorship in Apple's app store.
  • No built-in turn by turn navigation. With my Android phone, I can say "Take me to Walmart" and it will pull up a list of the closest Walmarts, I select one, and the GPS kicks in and takes me there giving audible turn by turn directions.

I can go on and on.

• No user replaceable battery.
  • Can't use the phone for mass storage via usb like a usb stick.
  • No access to the file system.
  • Very limited customization.
  • Only one app store.
  • No bluetooth file transfer.
  • Can only use a limited set of file types as an email attachment.
  • No flash support.
  • Limited alternatives for core apps. With Android, if I don't like the stock SMS program, I can install a new one. The same goes with the dialer, contacts app, etc.
  • No location aware customization. For example, with my Android phone, I have my phone automatically go into silent mode when I get a certain distance from work, and it undoes that when I leave work. This can be based on location or a time schedule that I set. This is not just with silent mode, but numerous things can be set based on location and/or time.
  • Too much censorship in Apple's app store.
  • No built-in turn by turn navigation. With my Android phone, I can say "Take me to Walmart" and it will pull up a list of the closest Walmarts, I select one, and the GPS kicks in and takes me there giving audible turn by turn directions.

I can go on and on.

Don't hurt um TP, don't hurt um

:lmao:

Sent from my Captivate on Androids

First off, I own a BlackBerry and have for the last 3 years or so, and I'm neither a Droid nor iPhone fanboi. My contract on VZW ends next month (I'm not leaving VZW) I'm trying to decide what I want but I do my research and have a few questions or points to make...

• No user replaceable battery. (the Droid Razor fits this bill as phones get thinner, this might be the norm)
  • Can't use the phone for mass storage via usb like a usb stick. (while I understand this, at some point, the cost will begin to offset itself, also is there a maximum storage capacity for the phones, in other words, what is the largest sized card the phone will accept?)
  • No access to the file system. (didn't know this one, need to think on this one)
  • Very limited customization. (I think this falls under the category of, what do you want to do with your phone? If a lot then its and issue and if not then its not an issue)
  • Only one app store. (how many stores do you need, I know with BB there is one official app store and then other places you might be able to purchase an app)
  • No bluetooth file transfer.(what is the file transfer rate? and yes I know the larger the file the longer the time, but is there an average rate? And truth be told this is not an issue with me)
  • Can only use a limited set of file types as an email attachment.(types or size?)
  • No flash support. (ok, this one is a argument as old as time and HTML5 is supposed to resolve this, but web developers aren't moving as fast as some would like, so if and when HTML 5 becomes standard will this still be an issue?)
  • Limited alternatives for core apps. With Android, if I don't like the stock SMS program, I can install a new one. The same goes with the dialer, contacts app, etc.(another one to look into, but as before, it's not something I'm not concerned about?)
  • No location aware customization. For example, with my Android phone, I have my phone automatically go into silent mode when I get a certain distance from work, and it undoes that when I leave work. This can be based on location or a time schedule that I set. This is not just with silent mode, but numerous things can be set based on location and/or time.(first time I saw/heard of this was with the Galaxy Nexus, that's coming out, I like the sound of this feature, but my phone gets turned off at work anyway, now going somewhere else, like church it's a great feature, but I want to say my BBS2 does something similar)
  • Too much censorship in Apple's app store. (DING DING DING, I agree!!!!)
  • No built-in turn by turn navigation. With my Android phone, I can say "Take me to Walmart" and it will pull up a list of the closest Walmarts, I select one, and the GPS kicks in and takes me there giving audible turn by turn directions. (on this one it's a bust, thats what a GPS is for, once you lose your cell signal any "phone GPS" is a waste, this I know first hand)

Having said that, you sound like more of a techie than me, some things I dont care about and some I do, I'll see what happens in Nov when the Nexus drops on VZW.

Last edited:

All that stuff he mentioned and iPhone users still don't give a shit. Because none of it matters. 4 million sold in the first week. The largest launch of a phone in history.

And Android users are still trying to compare dick sizes. Y'all need to stop, man. It seems like you all have the ultimate little man's syndrome. It's making you look bad. :smh:

Last edited:

All that stuff he mentioned and iPhone users still don't give a shit. Because none of it matters. 4 million sold in the first week. The largest launch of a phone in history.

And Android users are still trying to compare dick sizes. Y'all need to stop, man. It seems like you all have the ultimate little man's syndrome. It's making you look bad. :smh:

I was asked a question, and I gave and answer. Why do you give a shit about what others say anyway? Are your feelings hurt? Coming from someone that has owned both an iPhone and an Android, I was stating my personal preferences. Bottom line is, Android phones provide more functionality than an iPhone does.

coming from someone who has had multiple Androids and the iphone.... and REPLACES at least 20 Androids a day.... The Iphone is clearly the better phone.... but I dont get into this back and forth debate..... you like what you like and I like what I like.... if the Android makes you happy... thats the device for you and vice versa. The thing you cant get caught up with in phones is EVERYBODY does not use a phone the same way you do. Whats important to some isnt even though about to others. So get what makes YOU happy.

• No user replaceable battery. (the Droid Razor fits this bill as phones get thinner, this might be the norm) This might become the norm, but for now, I see it as a benefit. I was at the SU vs FAMU game in Atlanta last month, and my iPhone's battery was about to die. My friend sitting next to me had the Samsung Galaxy S (the first one), and her phone was about to die as well. She reached into her purse, pulled out another battery, put it in, and was back at 100% just like that. So I thought, well ain't that a bitch, I wish I could do that lol.
  • Can't use the phone for mass storage via usb like a usb stick. (while I understand this, at some point, the cost will begin to offset itself, also is there a maximum storage capacity for the phones, in other words, what is the largest sized card the phone will accept?) I'm not sure about other Android phones, but my phone holds a card up to 32GB. Combine that with the 16 that's built in, and it's 48GB total. On top of that, I can buy as many of those cards as I want and interchange them as I see fit.
  • No access to the file system. (didn't know this one, need to think on this one)
  • Very limited customization. (I think this falls under the category of, what do you want to do with your phone? If a lot then its and issue and if not then its not an issue) I love being able to customize my phone. For example, I customized my SMS app so that the text bubble colors are blue and gold to represent SU's colors lol. There's tons more customization you can do.
  • Only one app store. (how many stores do you need, I know with BB there is one official app store and then other places you might be able to purchase an app) I like being able to go to other stores. Sometimes one store may have a special on certain apps. Amazon's Android store has a free app of the day concept where you can get a paid app for free.
  • No bluetooth file transfer.(what is the file transfer rate? and yes I know the larger the file the longer the time, but is there an average rate? And truth be told this is not an issue with me) Depends on what you want to do. If I want to beam a picture, mp3 file, or whatever to someone else's cell phone, I can do it with ease. Even some old style flip phones have this capability lol.
  • Can only use a limited set of file types as an email attachment.(types or size?) Types. Whether it be .txt, .zip, .pdf, .jpg, virtually any file type can be used since you have access to the file system.
  • No flash support. (ok, this one is a argument as old as time and HTML5 is supposed to resolve this, but web developers aren't moving as fast as some would like, so if and when HTML 5 becomes standard will this still be an issue?) It will be an issue because HTML5 has problems doing full screen video, and has problems with some DRM also. Maybe it will get better in the future, but for now too many sites use Flash and I got tired of looking at that blue icon on a webpage where the flash part is suppose to be.
  • Limited alternatives for core apps. With Android, if I don't like the stock SMS program, I can install a new one. The same goes with the dialer, contacts app, etc.(another one to look into, but as before, it's not something I'm not concerned about?) Not everyone is concerned about it, but a person that likes to customize their phone like I do, it's something I care about. Sometimes alternatives have more features than the stock apps do.
  • No location aware customization. For example, with my Android phone, I have my phone automatically go into silent mode when I get a certain distance from work, and it undoes that when I leave work. This can be based on location or a time schedule that I set. This is not just with silent mode, but numerous things can be set based on location and/or time.(first time I saw/heard of this was with the Galaxy Nexus, that's coming out, I like the sound of this feature, but my phone gets turned off at work anyway, now going somewhere else, like church it's a great feature, but I want to say my BBS2 does something similar) It's a great feature to have. Sometimes I forget to put my phone in silent mode when I get work. One time the CEO of our company was walking by my desk, and I got a call and my ringtone at the time was a song by T.I. that started blasting lol. Talk about embarrassing lol.
  • Too much censorship in Apple's app store. (DING DING DING, I agree!!!!) Glad you agree lol.
  • No built-in turn by turn navigation. With my Android phone, I can say "Take me to Walmart" and it will pull up a list of the closest Walmarts, I select one, and the GPS kicks in and takes me there giving audible turn by turn directions. (on this one it's a bust, thats what a GPS is for, once you lose your cell signal any "phone GPS" is a waste, this I know first hand) Losing your signal with Google Maps can be a waste, but with the latest version, you can cache offline maps for a 10 mile radius. A map with all the maps on your phone is definitely better, but those cost money, and Google Maps comes free on every Android phone.
Having said that, you sound like more of a techie than me, some things I dont care about and some I do, I'll see what happens in Nov when the Nexus drops on VZW. That Nexus is gonna be a BEAST.

Last edited:
coming from someone who has had multiple Androids and the iphone.... and REPLACES at least 20 Androids a day.... The Iphone is clearly the better phone.... but I dont get into this back and forth debate..... you like what you like and I like what I like.... if the Android makes you happy... thats the device for you and vice versa. The thing you cant get caught up with in phones is EVERYBODY does not use a phone the same way you do. Whats important to some isnt even though about to others. So get what makes YOU happy.

I agree. Each person should get what's best for them. I've never said that the iPhone isn't a good phone. It's just that I don't like some of the limitations.

Saw the "top secret" boxes 2 days ago but I haven't physically powered one on or touched it yet: iPhone <b>5</b>. :) As soon as time permits, I'll power one up and do a checkout of sorts.

From what I've heard, debuting spr' 2012 - Marchish...Aprilish... thereabouts; another record for one day shipments is planned during that time. :read:

Saw the "top secret" boxes 2 days ago but I haven't physically powered one on or touched it yet: iPhone <b>5</b>. :) As soon as time permits, I'll power one up and do a checkout of sorts.

From what I've heard, debuting spr' 2012 - Marchish...Aprilish... thereabouts; another record for one day shipments is planned during that time. :read:

So basically Apple did the usual "rape our customers with minimal upgrades on a new phone and release the major upgrade a few months later" deal. I figured they would.

So basically Apple did the usual "rape our customers with minimal upgrades on a new phone and release the major upgrade a few months later" deal. I figured they would.

Just saw the silver-looking outer case from a distance unk. Not sure on what the offeratory or mods are/were. I'll know what's what in a few weeks if they let me in that "area." :retard: Can't believe the secrecy they do this stuff in. Well, let me shut up. lol One of my co-worx had an iPhone4 earlier fall last yr and went to a bar, got drunk, and left it there where someone else decided to keep it. :retard: It made it over the world-wide (pix and all) along w/ what the changes were before the actual planned release. We had to speed everything up once word/specs got out. :smh:

Back