Apple’s Next Event to Be Held on October 4, Starring Its New CEO

that $99 8 gig Iphone4 for $99....... is about to sell like crazy..... its going to do bring customers who would normally have a feature phone into the smartphone game. GREAT business decision.

That’s me…the only phones I get now are the $100 or less on a contract or $300 or less without. I started getting Android phones because they started falling within those price ranges…but never an iPhone regardless how old it is.

That’s me…the only phones I get now are the $100 or less on a contract or $300 or less without. I started getting Android phones because they started falling within those price ranges…but never an iPhone regardless how old it is.

:lol:

You're lucky.

I used to be a flip phone guy. Just a plain simple phone. Then ... they gave me a smartphone for Christmas. Then ... came an iPhone. :shame:

pookie.jpg

Let's just say I love my iPhone 4 and I'm getting me and my daughter this new one.

:)

Full price for that phone will be like $500-$700 depending on which one you get. You only get the subsidized price($199-$399) when you're up for an upgrade and sign a 2 year contract.

I was browsing another forum and somebody from the U.K. said that the 16GB iPhone 4s cost £700 full price over there…that’s over $1000 U.S.

You're lucky.

I used to be a flip phone guy. Just a plain simple phone. Then ... they gave me a smartphone for Christmas. Then ... came an iPhone. :shame:

pookie.jpg

Let's just say I love my iPhone 4 and I'm getting me and my daughter this new one.

I am more into iPads than smartphones now. A phone is just a phone for me and it’s getting harder to find just a flip phone these days.:lol: Also, most Android smartphones that are released… if you wait 4 or 5 months you can get them for free on a contract with most carriers. But that was never the case with an iPhone until now…they would discontinue it before they would just give it away.

Last edited:

You're lucky.

pookie.jpg

It's Kind of Like what Crack did to Pookie in New Jack....LOL(Biggie)

I was browsing another forum and somebody from the U.K. said that the 16GB iPhone 4s cost £700 full price over there…that’s over $1000 U.S.

Damn. I was trying to be nice by only saying $500-$700 lol. I didn't realize it was THAT much lol.

EDIT: I just read that the non-subsidized price for the 16GB, 32GB, and 64GB iPhone 4S will be $649, $749, and $849 respectively.

Last edited:
I'm going to be one of the one's to go ahead and upgrade.

One of the key reasons is I wanted the improved camera. I use it a lot in my work and this phone has that improvement, so why not make the change? If I can sell my current iPhone 4 for $75, then a new phone for $125 is not a big deal. Suri and all of that other stuff is just icing on the cake for me.

I think I'm still going to get the phone next month.

You might be interested in this….

Apple will now accept your used iPhone 4 in exchange for up to $200

http://9to5mac.com/2011/10/05/apple-will-now-accept-your-used-iphone-4-in-exchange-for-up-to-200/

So you might can get a iPhone 4s for free on contract…

Also, in the article I see the unlocked 4s is £499 and not £700 as I stated earlier… the unlocked version $649 U.S. from Apple that is about the price of an 32 GB iPad 2 3G.

http://9to5mac.com/2011/10/05/apple-will-now-accept-your-used-iphone-4-in-exchange-for-up-to-200/

Also, in the article I see the unlocked 4s is £499 and not £700 as I stated earlier… the unlocked version $649 U.S. from Apple that is about the price of an 32 GB iPad 2 3G.

Cool. Thanks man.

I think I'm going to check Ebay just to see how much they are selling for there also. But, it's nice to know recycling for cash is an option.

Radio Shack too

http://radioshack.cexchange.com/online/Home/ManufacturerSelected.rails?enc=sU4reD6QJWP5MQn1SwFn38CtURe9PcXAJv9fUpYciv8=

iPhone 4S pre-orders sell out

Pre-orders for the iPhone 4S sold out in the first day of availability, according to shipping estimates on Apple's Web site. The iPhone 4S went on pre-order in the predawn hours on Friday. Carrier AT&T called it its most successful iPhone launch ever, with more than 200,000 orders in the first 12 hours. Users looking to pre-order the iPhone 4S now are seeing shipping estimates of one to two weeks. Customers can still get an iPhone 4S this coming Friday, though, if they wait in line at an Apple Store or at other retail partners. Those who were able to pre-order the phone Friday will get it delivered to them this coming Friday.

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/story/2011-10-08/apple-iphone-pre-orders/50706650/1

---

Sent from my iPad 1st Gen.

Last edited:
I still don't like it, I would liked to have seen a thinner phone, 4G LTE better than what's currently out, and a slightly larger screen. Oh and a larger front camera at least 4mp.

1080P or HD for video is fine, but I'm not in a place to utilize it, I dont take public transportation and If I go somewhere I'm always driving so no big deal. That's what I have my laptop for. Even the 8mp camera is fine to compete with the gazillion Droids out there, but that's what I have a camera for.

[video=youtube;Mq-UTP9YU_Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq-UTP9YU_Q&feature=player_embedded[/video]

[video=youtube;MKRwV3DTVLo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKRwV3DTVLo&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Edit: Oh well, I guess we have to wait on until Friday. It was a good demo of Siri.

Last edited:
So much for the Epic Fail many tech folks said this new phone would be.

Iphone folks would have bought this phone even if it had no screen just because it's an iphone. They always have big sales but it seems pointless to upgrade to this from the last one considering the minimal upgrades.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D

Iphone folks would have bought this phone even if it had no screen just because it's an iphone. They always have big sales but it seems pointless to upgrade to this from the last one considering the minimal upgrades.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D

Android folks would have hated this phone even if it cooked breakfast and gave you the world's greatest orgasms. That's just the way the world is.

Whether anyone admits it or not, Siri alone is a significant upgrade and kicks Android phones in the ass.

Siri, the new camera and faster processing is enough for me to make the change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D

Pretty much lol. Although something seems not right about the numbers they are putting up. They said 1 million preorders vs 600,000 for the iPhone 4. But this one is now on Sprint and Verizon as well while the 600,000 was only on AT&T. I'm not sure how the this was rolled out worldwide between the two releases. I do think that cheap model will pull some people. Its going to be funny to watch all the iFanboys reverse course on tech sites with all that cheap phone talk.

Pretty much lol. Although something seems not right about the numbers they are putting up. They said 1 million preorders vs 600,000 for the iPhone 4. But this one is now on Sprint and Verizon as well while the 600,000 was only on AT&T. I'm not sure how the this was rolled out worldwide between the two releases. I do think that cheap model will pull some people. Its going to be funny to watch all the iFanboys reverse course on tech sites with all that cheap phone talk.

The "cheap" model is putting extra money in my pockets!..... I dont work for commission but I get $50 for every upgrade from a standard phone to a smartphone.... People who wouldnt ordinarily get a smartphone are getting the $99 Iphone just to say they have a smart phone. I may have over 1,000 in the next week for this device alone.

The "cheap" model is putting extra money in my pockets!..... I dont work for commission but I get $50 for every upgrade from a standard phone to a smartphone.... People who wouldnt ordinarily get a smartphone are getting the $99 Iphone just to say they have a smart phone. I may have over 1,000 in the next week for this device alone.

Hey I got a question for you...

I called last week because I was having issues getting online, and the rep I spoke with starting talking about how it's software that will allow voice and data at the same time :rolleyes: I argued with her and told her that wasnt true and that it's hardware and not software. Then she said if I didn't want the 4s and iPhone 5 will be out between March and April of 2012. My reply was "really??? Wow!!!"

So why is a VZW rep already talking about an iPhone 5 also pushing the misconception that the 4s will do voice and data at the same time.

Android folks would have hated this phone even if it cooked breakfast and gave you the world's greatest orgasms. That's just the way the world is.

Whether anyone admits it or not, Siri alone is a significant upgrade and kicks Android phones in the ass.

Siri, the new camera and faster processing is enough for me to make the change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess it just seems minimal to me because i've had all these features for about 3 years now. And you cant be serious about Siri being innovative or kicking Androids in the ass. There are 10 app implementations that do what Siri does and Voice Recognition has been built into Android since 1.6 lol. That's what kill me about yall Apple folks, yall swear when Apple comes out with something its revolutionary. What Siri does is OLD news. And on top of that they're making yall wait a whole year AGAIN just to get 4G. And the fact that they made the camera be able to take fast pics lol...SMH who the hell cares about that unless you're doing photoshoots with a phone.

http://googlemobile.blogspot.com/2010/08/just-speak-it-introducing-voice-actions.html

Again, what Siri does is OLDDDDDDDD news

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess it just seems minimal to me because i've had all these features for about 3 years now. And you cant be serious about Siri being innovative or kicking Androids in the ass. There are 10 app implementations that do what Siri does and Voice Recognition has been built into Android since 1.6 lol. That's what kill me about yall Apple folks, yall swear when Apple comes out with something its revolutionary. What Siri does is OLD news. And on top of that they're making yall wait a whole year AGAIN just to get 4G. And the fact that they made the camera be able to take fast pics lol...SMH who the hell cares about that unless you're doing photoshoots with a phone.

http://googlemobile.blogspot.com/2010/08/just-speak-it-introducing-voice-actions.html

Again, what Siri does is OLDDDDDDDD news

The difference is Siri is not an app.

But, more importantly, why do you even care?

You ever notice that iPhone users never give a shit what phone Android users have, but Android users are constantly trying to down the iPhone?

iPhone folks, including myself, love their phone and I'm not really clear why that bothers people like you.

:noidea:

Last edited:
The difference is Siri is not an app.

But, more importantly, why do you even care?

You ever notice that iPhone users never give a shit what phone Android users have, but Android users are constantly trying to down the iPhone?

iPhone folks, including myself, love their phone and I'm not really clear why that bothers people like you.

:noidea:

Also, Apple had voice recognition software included in the release of the iPhone 3Gs back in 2009 and the current iPhone 4…Apple Voice Control. Like all the other VR software it is inaccurate and mostly capable of placing calls and playing back music. However, Apple is claiming Siri will respond less like the typical voice recognition software and more like a real human…which will make this a better user experience and a serious upgrade. I have no doubt Siri will work for Megan and Hunter but I’m waiting to see it in action with Kee-Kee and Pookie.

[video=youtube;esAWAq3cF1Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esAWAq3cF1Y[/video]

iPhone 4S pre-orders sell out

more than 200,000 orders in the first 12 hours.

Ol' P88 was in that particular warehouse, arbitrarily observing over the last 4mos and also intricately as the ordering system, he helped create/design/author was placed in a "held" state until they (ords) were released last Fri. :| When I tell you that it was MORE than 200K dvcs leaving that bad boy, it really was. I've never seen so many FedEx/UPS trailers @ that location before <b>dedicated</b> for the new 4Ss and I looked initial ord-metrics over from last Fri alone and we almost set a new record for 24HR throughput.

Also, lol, hope I don't get in trouble for this but if anyone is anticipating purchasing a new Dell notebook, don't do so before 11/18/2011; there's a ramp-up of sorts I've been witnessing over the last few mos of those dvcs being retro-fitted for american use and methinks they're going to have an offering shortly @ a substantially low price - holiday blitz. :wavey: :) *fingers crossed* Retro'd @ partner fac in FTW but shipping out of Ohio. :read:

Outta' here.

Last edited:
Back