All About Impeachment - Impeachment Threads Consolidated:

A senator giving up his/her seat doesn’t have the same impact or meaning on a party that the POTUS being removed from office does.
Missing the point. The point is pressure to be removed. The dems will do that....the repubs will not.

And this is why an Impeachment Trial is noted to be a Political rather than a Criminal event. Maybe it should be referred to as a "Proceeding" as opposed to a "Trial." Also, I think it is pretty clear that a "proceeding" was not the intend for Impeachment that was adopted by the original Framers of the Constitution. There may be some merit in withholding the Articles of Impeachment until the structure of the "trial" meets at least some of the demands of the Democrats for the additional witnesses. After all it is the only leverage the Democrats have at this point because if they send The Articles to McConnell he will figuratively (if not literally) ball them up and drop them in the trash and proceed on with the "trial". All Pelosi has to say is they know they have a rock solid case but need the Administration Officials to testify in order to show the American People how wide and deep this corrupt scheme extended. Nothing could be worse to Trump than to be left dangling on as an impeached President when he wants to the exonerated before the American Public and World at large. Maybe now is the time to put some teeth in the Process of conducting a Presidential trial for high crimes and misdemeanors.

Thanks for saying, "Framers of the Constitution." In my opinion, it is repulsive to hear any black person mouthed of the phrase "Our Founding Fathers".

Well we know Moscow Mitch will do whatever to hinder the senate process in removing his ass

UVEuVCX_wLlyyzVpnPBfJY2f54YqqSyGlOSleqabR0KlQwTlONXmMyElkf-184J8I152nyEEV3fatsI-7thKLLH6pe7bqHLxWtOmCXyIVY--CpXipv0YYnELDqUQWfGAibNqUYlTMChtyHLkQw-FJkiRu3H5E_b0qFOhZX18brwoxSyIWa2UMcruI2hichlkEsUXeNLU8iEF5GQ-x1PkINEKBzeTGYDJyuwmU7NA2GRDfTSKC6KFDD5rHHhyUNJqSHFheIdfTBP78irQTmi6HbC6SOQ7mjD_idwvdA-J02brLCMCx5rKECQbTm0KuqhbjqExbdj4dx_ieaHHTtKE6CcmF4HuFyelLS8bndSTnv8sjrYl2GOWbQO0jvm1faV3AB1gVcOVlA91ri8MSAQCz5ew7oY7bp2-k5iGPnAEvGUa9TwNkRaqTohulBcA1DLPPNvIDkX82HWO5FUpLFxVyVTTqEys_36Dt_bVoeU9r6RNaKSnTu_9LsCGfcfOAxPkpNmCPajGbL30ne2xl6mDjG3ahBOqVAPWImuqNu6TcXyyLqP4opGzPhFEWF7nQU5om53R2e5kxPG3sh5wqt5nfmYSee1COQ_A13Ue9gJqs5Fh-cjrzuFFfXg_1_pSkq0NzRqH5fSy4brNljlEj0SszZe7vJlwZA4ROQ1QQuncWKXZwGCLYLgknZ69dvAkj5rwMAaktDC_yHRCsOb4KNch6Z7MJjoeIoGNUMcfTKd3WOZ0sgNi=w960-h902-no

Trump wags the hippopotamus .
:popcorn:
:snicker
:tiptoe:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/01/06/trump-wags-hippopotamus/

Any ordinary president can wag the dog, but President Trump wags the Best and Biggest dog.

He wags the Bernese Mountain Dog!

No — HE WAGS THE HIPPOPOTAMUS!!!

The idea of launching military action to distract from domestic political troubles has been a thing at least since the 1997 film “Wag the Dog” (as in, the tail wagging the dog) gave it a name. Republicans accused President Bill Clinton of it in 1998 when he ordered airstrikes against Sudan and Iraq as impeachment loomed. Trump alleged (wrongly) that President Barack Obama would “start a war with Iran” before the 2012 election.

“To be spending time on this political Hoax at this moment in our history, when I am so busy, is sad!” Trump tweeted Monday morning.

“Congress & the President should not be wasting their time and energy on a continuation of the totally partisan Impeachment Hoax when we have so many important matters pending,” he tweeted later.

In other words: They can’t hold my impeachment trial because I’m busy fighting the war I just started.

The latest Trump impeachment updates

But now, Trump, on the eve of his impeachment trial in the Senate, has assassinated one of Iran’s top generals, the first action of its

Impeachment trial verdict reminds us why we fight to defeat Donald Trump and his enablers .
:clap:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/impeachment-trial-verdict-reminds-us-213042613.html .
:popcorn:

Last month, along with our brothers and sisters in arms, we launched The Lincoln Project. Our mission is simple: Ensure Donald J. Trump is a one-term president. Our leaders and members are Republicans, Democrats and independents — but all share the core belief that in these times, country must come before party.

In addition to defeating Trump in November, we’ve demonstrated that we will hold to account Republican officeholders who have abandoned their Article I responsibilities and oaths of office in favor of this corrupt president.

The president’s acquittal at his impeachment trial has reinforced the key component of our effort: Defeating this cultish GOP was, for us, the only right decision. Careerism and cowardice by GOP leaders have allowed Trump to hijack the Republican Party and transform it into his value-less image. We can’t do much about the cowardice, but we can have an impact on their careerism by helping our Democratic allies defeat them in November.

I thought it couldn't get any worse than Bush, but this guy makes Bush II look logical.

I'm with George Washington, we don't need parties. If we're not woke and energized to vote now, we deserve what they have planned for us.

Back