All About Impeachment - Impeachment Threads Consolidated:

The Republican nut jobs sounded crazy up there .... they kept saying there was not enough evidence for impeachment and there wasn't due process which is total bullshit. Like these people need to be placed in mental institutions ... THEY'RE INSANE! Also they hate America .. you can't love America and think what Trump did was excusable.

Last edited:

The Republican nut jobs sounded crazy up there .... they kept saying there was not enough evidence for impeachment and there wasn't due process which is total bullshit. Like these people need to be placed in mental institutions ... THEY'RE INSANE! Also they hate America .. you can't love America and think what Trump did was excusable.

It's called racism/White Supremacy first then country. The Republican Party found its niche' in such ideology, which drove the NRA to become such a powerful political organization.

This was a complete waste of time. Sure Trump deserved it, but all this does is galvanize his base even more thanks to the Dems. Come 2020 he’s gonna win again because of this.

Donald Trump has no prayer in 2020 without foreign intervention.

This was a complete waste of time. Sure Trump deserved it, but all this does is galvanize his base even more thanks to the Dems. Come 2020 he’s gonna win again because of this.
No, if Trump does win again, it will be, because there is no viable candidate running against him.

If Bernie does not get the nomination, then all of the Progressives will say he got cheated and stay home or vote for Trump. Like many of them did in 2016.

If Biden get the nomination, then all of the Progressives still stay home and it'll just be a small turn out, because no one is excited about Biden.

If Butteige gets the nomination, then all hope is lost, he barely has any minority let alone Black support.

Warren, although she is a progressive, does not garner the same support as Bernie does, but they will still turn out for her.

This is just the top four people, the remaining field I just don't know, but I wish people would stop parroting the mainstream media about this impeachment galvanizing Trump supporters. They'd vote for Trump, if Jesus came back and Trump shot him!

No, if Trump does win again, it will be, because there is no viable candidate running against him.

If Bernie does not get the nomination, then all of the Progressives will say he got cheated and stay home or vote for Trump. Like many of them did in 2016.

If Biden get the nomination, then all of the Progressives still stay home and it'll just be a small turn out, because no one is excited about Biden.

If Butteige gets the nomination, then all hope is lost, he barely has any minority let alone Black support.

Warren, although she is a progressive, does not garner the same support as Bernie does, but they will still turn out for her.

This is just the top four people, the remaining field I just don't know, but I wish people would stop parroting the mainstream media about this impeachment galvanizing Trump supporters. They'd vote for Trump, if Jesus came back and Trump shot him!
Trump himself is not a viable candidate. That's the difference between Ds and Rs though. They'll vote for the devil if he's an R.

One more factor in addition to what I highlighted. There is no *ill *tein this time to siphon off could be/would be Democratic votes.

:lmao:

Interesting strategy that House Majority leaders are seriously contemplating and will likely pursue to get concessions out of McConnell for witnesses and a semblance of a "fair trial."

Pelosi says House may withhold impeachment articles, delaying Senate trial

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) on Dec. 18 suggested House Democrats may not immediately submit articles of impeachment to the Senate. (Reuters)

By Mike DeBonis Congressional reporter covering the House of Representatives
Dec. 18, 2019 at 9:21 p.m. CST

Moments after a historic vote to impeach President Trump, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said the House could at least temporarily withhold the articles from the Senate — a decision, she suggested, that could depend on how the other chamber chooses to conduct its trial on Trump’s removal.
“We cannot name managers until we see what the process is on the Senate side,” she said, referring to the House “managers” who present the case for removal to the Senate. “So far we haven’t seen anything that looks fair to us. So hopefully it will be fair. And when we see what that is, we’ll send our managers.”

The comments came as a group of House Democrats pushed Pelosi (D-Calif.) and other leaders to withhold the articles — a notion that has gained traction among some on the political left as a way of potentially forcing Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) to conduct a trial on more favorable terms for Democrats. And if no agreement is reached, some have argued, the trial could be delayed indefinitely, denying Trump an expected acquittal.

Pelosi would not answer questions about whether she was entertaining an indefinite hold on the articles — one that could prevent a trial from taking place before the next presidential election.
After hundreds of rallies were held Tuesday night ahead of the House impeachment vote, a group of activists gathered outside the U.S. Capitol on Wednesday. (Sarah L. Voisin/The Washington Post)

“We’re not having that discussion,” she said, adding that it “would have been our intention” to send the articles forthwith, “but we’ll see what happens over there.”
She continued: “We’re not sending it tonight because it’s difficult to determine who the managers would be until we see the arena in which we will be participating.”

The remarks injected an unexpected wrinkle into a tightly choreographed day, in which a series of procedural votes and hours of floor debate paved the way for climactic votes after 8 p.m. on Trump’s impeachment — the third in U.S. history.

But the impeachment came amid furious sparring across the Capitol over what form the coming trial would take. While McConnell signaled that he preferred a relatively short trial, where House managers present the case for removal and Trump’s defense team rebuts it before a summary dismissal, Senate Minority Leader Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.) pushed for a more extensive proceeding — featuring new witnesses who did not testify in the three-month House investigation.

They are even more deluded than I thought if they seriously think they are going to get concessions out of McConnell. Republicans are already winning the messaging war by claiming Democrats are getting cold feet because their case for impeachment is weak

They are even more deluded than I thought if they seriously think they are going to get concessions out of McConnell. Republicans are already winning the messaging war by claiming Democrats are getting cold feet because their case for impeachment is weak
I don't think they are winning. I think Pelosi needs to make certain their message is as loud as the repubs that they need to see the rules for the trial and do not waiver from that position. They need to stop trying to be civil with uncivil people. In this case Michelle got it wrong.

The Democrats have made a factual case for removal from Office, however, the Republicans do not wish to hear it and are not interested in facts! They have gone full rogue along with their rogue narcistic sociopathic Presidential leader who has shown himself to be very media savvy especially with his use of his 24 hour megaphone (twitter) to constantly feed his core and the Press.

The Democrats have made a factual case for removal from Office, however, the Republicans do not wish to hear it and are not interested in facts! They have gone full rogue along with their rogue narcistic sociopathic Presidential leader who has shown himself to be very media savvy especially with his use of his 24 hour megaphone (twitter) to constantly feed his core and the Press.
Neither party is gonna agree to remove its presidential representative from office. We know the Dems would impeach and we know the GOP won’t vote to remove Trump. It would be the same way if a majority GOP House impeached a Dem POTUS.

Neither party is gonna agree to remove its presidential representative from office. We know the Dems would impeach and we know the GOP won’t vote to remove Trump. It would be the same way if a majority GOP House impeached a Dem POTUS.
I do not think so, Kendrick. You see the pressure Dems put on Al Franken to give up his Senate seat over some BS. For the most part Dems are concerned about appearances more than repubs...especially Moscow *itch. If this scenario were reversed it would play out totally differently in my opinion.

I do not think so, Kendrick. You see the pressure Dems put on Al Franken to give up his Senate seat over some BS. For the most part Dems are concerned about appearances more than repubs...especially Moscow *itch. If this scenario were reversed it would play out totally differently in my opinion.
A senator giving up his/her seat doesn’t have the same impact or meaning on a party that the POTUS being removed from office does.

I think Trump will not fully be removed. I didnt realize there has to be a trial after it took 85 days to vote to impeach him. That was a waste of time and energy. Why do the same thing all over again in a courtroom. I mean all this was created by the founders of country was to cover up one another and and get away with things. There shouldn't even be all these steps and processes and Congress and Senate and this and that then this step, and this person cant do this without that person, this group cant do nothing because this group has to do this, then this person has the final say, then after that, it has to be approved by the approver, then after that it has to be voted on.... smh... all this wrong this man has done, said, and the people still voted for him, defended him in this impeachment process, now he gets a chance to beat this like he always does everything.... and knowing nothing makes sense anymore and people dont have morals or common sense anymore.....Trump won't be removed

I don't think they are winning. I think Pelosi needs to make certain their message is as loud as the repubs that they need to see the rules for the trial and do not waiver from that position. They need to stop trying to be civil with uncivil people. In this case Michelle got it wrong.

They are winning. What leverage do the Democrats really have? It's a no win situation and McConnell knows it. If they send over the articles to the Senate it will be an acquittal. If they dont, they'll come across as if they don't believe in their case. Most Americans have impeachment fatigue at this point so dragging this along when the election is less than a year away will hurt democrats more than help

And this is why an Impeachment Trial is noted to be a Political rather than a Criminal event. Maybe it should be referred to as a "Proceeding" as opposed to a "Trial." Also, I think it is pretty clear that a "proceeding" was not the intend for Impeachment that was adopted by the original Framers of the Constitution. There may be some merit in withholding the Articles of Impeachment until the structure of the "trial" meets at least some of the demands of the Democrats for the additional witnesses. After all it is the only leverage the Democrats have at this point because if they send The Articles to McConnell he will figuratively (if not literally) ball them up and drop them in the trash and proceed on with the "trial". All Pelosi has to say is they know they have a rock solid case but need the Administration Officials to testify in order to show the American People how wide and deep this corrupt scheme extended. Nothing could be worse to Trump than to be left dangling on as an impeached President when he wants to the exonerated before the American Public and World at large. Maybe now is the time to put some teeth in the Process of conducting a Presidential trial for high crimes and misdemeanors.

Last edited:
Back