ALCORN DRILLS WITH THE BEST OF THEM

WHOOOO!!! What up B? Just on here readin about the hopes and dreams these boys be havin at times! It really cracks me up!:lmao:

Go and look at the Alcorn-SU games from '95, '98, and '99. If you look at halftime, we clearly took halftime. Especially in '98!!

But don't get it confused, Alcorn can drill right along with SU. We probably can't match the Jukebox but the Jukebox does not march all over us. Get it straight.

I didi not make the game this year, but I will say this: We did run all over the Southernaires in 1995 and 1999 for sure.

I can account for the years I was at Alcorn (92-97). Alcorn gave Southern
a "run for their money" those years. Wouldn't say blowout, but speaking of an entertaining show. We were a threat to any band.
:confused: I don't get it. Is this a joke u guys?!!!!:what:

I wouldn't expect you to get it, you've been brainwashed. SAD.. Ain't nobody thinking what you peeps from SU is thinking.... but peeps from SU.

Dude I know for a fact that ya'll weren't on the same planet with The Jukebox in 95 or 99 dude. I know Alcornhad many good years prior to 2000 but I know that the 95 and 99 Jukebox was taking names. It wasn't even close.

Dude I know for a fact that ya'll weren't on the same planet with The Jukebox in 95 or 99 dude. I know Alcornhad many good years prior to 2000 but I know that the 95 and 99 Jukebox was taking names. It wasn't even close.

When :confused: In the 70's aSU band was A JOKE.. Let me go get my year book..

I SEE DRUGS MUST BE RUNNING AMUCK IN LORMAN.......AND THIS BOY TAKING AND SMOKING ALL HE CAN GET HIS HANDS ON..........:smh: STAY OFF THE DRUGS SON.:smh:

First I never said you said the commen the orginal moderator said it . As for your previous comment about pete he has a better winning record than your band! lLets see Pete has one losing season at SU maybe going on his 2md and Alcorn has taken how man L's from the how many bands since 2000! You do the math I think Pete comes ahead!!

well the truth must be spoken my friends! SU drills were executed very well. there show was had a lot of energy. SU show at JSu was a lot better! but yet in still SU has power in the presentation on the field esp marching and percision. Alcorn your show was good, way better than your homecoming performances. TIp for future shows SOD pick up your feet a little more! to me both shows were good! for the boom!!!!! get help on identity crisis that you are going through! you are not southern so stop trying to be!! a triger is a triger and a jaguar is jaguar no matter how you try to flip it! PLEASE STOP TRYING TO BE SOUTHERN! WT do you guys still to the funk train that southern does! to Griff!! take a look at you GG somethings wrong! if you don't know the routine, you shouldn't be on the field from the captain to rookies! fix the problems Griff and let the band play. in the stands alcorn was no match for SU by far! i admire Griff and SOD becasue they didn't try to change their style and overdo themselves to out perform SU! they did their on thang and handle business the way SOD handles business! JSU take notes, be yourselves not SU or FAMU or TENST

Stands= SU all the way
Drills = both did good( SU more energy)
dancers= GG (big inprovement from last week)
dance routine= SOD (based on crowd cheers)
5thq= the rain
overall = SU (reason to many fundamental mistakes from SOD like picking up your feet)

If you all go back and read my posts, I never said that we out drilled SU. As much as I love the SOD, even I know that we haven't drilled circles around the Jukebox. But don't get it wrong, SU has never just came out and drilled circles around Alcorn either (from what I've seen...I don't know about this game because I wasn't there).

AND TO THE SONIC BOOM OR WHOEVER WANTS TO CALL WHAT THE SONIC BOOM DOES AS DRILLING...STOP FOOLING YOURSELF!!!

JSU is the SWAC's version of a badly copied FAMU. If anybody has seen a JSU show more than twice, they can tell you exactly what your going to do. I can do it RIGHT NOW...

Tiger run-on
Opening fanfare
March down the field with a couple of TTRs (to the rears)
Form JSU and float it down the field (about as close to a drill the Boom will ever get)
Block band

That's all the Boom has done and all they will ever do. You all don't drill!! You make one simple arse formation, float it down the field, and call it a day. You should be the last band to ever talk about somebody not doing a drill.

I liked S.O.D best during the McNair era.

Basically, that's when they had a real good sound.. and they still wasn't fugging with them animals at SU them years.... Just something folk have to accept, you can't go back and change the hands of time....Nothing you can do to go back and make SU band lesser than the band they were.
Some folks just have to accept that their programs at their best was still a notch or so under SU....lol It sound arrogant, but it's the truth...

anyways...

S.O.D.'s drill was nice
Crooked at the beginning of the show but over-all they did really well.

SU's Drill was on point, I won't lie but it like "wow" the crowd or anything.

SU didn't get as much house as they thought they did...the Madea/Brown thing was O.K. DAnce routine was O.K.

S.O.D.- Purple flasher routine could've been left out...Golden girls are slowly but surely bringing back the old school moves i liked...Dance routine was on point for this game. "I'm mad, I'm mad, S.U. done made me mad!!"

but yea...Alcorn can drill they arse's off not with as much energy sometimes but you can not deny them the drill perfection(SOMETIMES)

cuz my years there we worked on the drill sometimes all night

anyways...

S.O.D.'s drill was nice
Crooked at the beginning of the show but over-all they did really well.

SU's Drill was on point, I won't lie but it like "wow" the crowd or anything.

SU didn't get as much house as they thought they did...the Madea/Brown thing was O.K. DAnce routine was O.K.

S.O.D.- Purple flasher routine could've been left out...Golden girls are slowly but surely bringing back the old school moves i liked...Dance routine was on point for this game. "I'm mad, I'm mad, S.U. done made me mad!!"

but yea...Alcorn can drill they arse's off not with as much energy sometimes but you can not deny them the drill perfection(SOMETIMES)

cuz my years there we worked on the drill sometimes all night

If you had to pick a band to represent at a function and you wanted to make the BEST impression on the people at your function as possible to guarantee their furture business who would you pick?

That's the only way I see it.....

~To thine own self be true~

You know what, you SU folks are starting to remind me of somebody that you all really hate: Sonic Boom members!! The arrogance, even when somebody compliments you, has JSU written all over it. Nobody has once down the Jukebox but here you all are still trying to down another band. Alcorn and SU have always had at least some respect for each other. It started with Griffin and Greggs and went down to the band members.

This is a straight up lie right here.

In 99 that was one of the lousy bands of SU as far as their standards are concerned.

I stood right in front of you all against UAPB that year.
That was the year of the french horns for you all & that was it.

we had a total of 18 trumpets that year...yet in some parts we was ringing in that stadium even on "Brave Spirit"...you guys was missing F's in your songs (Coca Cola) that year:smh:.

All we marched was 128 yet we filled up the stadium with that sound on our whole show. SU was not impressive in 99...just face it. You guys did a gospel show...

Our show was mad sick...When we stepped on the field we got booed..AFTER we OPENED UP YOUR CROWD SHUT UP. Our show was "Out on a limb fanfare....Sunshine, Let it whip for GGS, then Dance routine with Mr. Big....total destruction. We got a little house but when we walked off that field it was a lot of respect that was given. YOUR FANS stated..."Yall band tight but your team sucks".

After the game, we was blocking up, this guy (SU alum jacket on) came over to us and asked "How many yall marching" When we told him...he couldn't believe it:eek: . Then he warned us about when we face A&M to not sleep on them.

Carry on...I won't say we won..but for you to say it wasn't even close is a straight up lie son

In 99 that was one of the lousy bands of SU as far as their standards are concerned.

we had a total of 18 trumpets that year...yet in some parts we was ringing in that stadium even on "Brave Spirit"...you guys was missing F's in your songs (Coca Cola) that year:smh:.

All we marched was 128 yet we filled up the stadium with that sound on our whole show. SU was not impressive in 99...just face it. You guys did a gospel show...

Our show was mad sick...When we stepped on the field we got booed..AFTER we OPENED UP YOUR CROWD SHUT UP. Our show was "Out on a limb fanfare....Sunshine, Let it whip for GGS, then Dance routine with Mr. Big....total destruction. We got a little house but when we walked off that field it was a lot of respect that was given. YOUR FANS stated..."Yall band tight but your team sucks".

After the game, we was blocking up, this guy (SU alum jacket on) came over to us and asked "How many yall marching" When we told him...he couldn't believe it:eek: . Then he warned us about when we face A&M to not sleep on them.

Carry on...I won't say we won..but for you to say it wasn't even close is a straight up lie son

:vomit:

lol Yeah I remember that

Stands= SU all the way
5thq= the rain
overall = SU (reason to many fundamental mistakes from SOD like picking up your feet)

Now you're a fair man, I agree with this.

well the truth must be spoken my friends! SU drills were executed very well. there show was had a lot of energy. SU show at JSu was a lot better! but yet in still SU has power in the presentation on the field esp marching and percision. Alcorn your show was good, way better than your homecoming performances. TIp for future shows SOD pick up your feet a little more! to me both shows were good! for the boom!!!!! get help on identity crisis that you are going through! you are not southern so stop trying to be!! a triger is a triger and a jaguar is jaguar no matter how you try to flip it! PLEASE STOP TRYING TO BE SOUTHERN! WT do you guys still to the funk train that southern does! to Griff!! take a look at you GG somethings wrong! if you don't know the routine, you shouldn't be on the field from the captain to rookies! fix the problems Griff and let the band play. in the stands alcorn was no match for SU by far! i admire Griff and SOD becasue they didn't try to change their style and overdo themselves to out perform SU! they did their on thang and handle business the way SOD handles business! JSU take notes, be yourselves not SU or FAMU or TENST
Stands= SU all the way
5thq= the rain

Man go sit yo arse in a corner somewhere and someone shove a pacifier in his mouth.:lmao: :lmao:

If you all go back and read my posts, I never said that we out drilled SU. As much as I love the SOD, even I know that we haven't drilled circles around the Jukebox. But don't get it wrong, SU has never just came out and drilled circles around Alcorn either (from what I've seen...I don't know about this game because I wasn't there).

AND TO THE SONIC BOOM OR WHOEVER WANTS TO CALL WHAT THE SONIC BOOM DOES AS DRILLING...STOP FOOLING YOURSELF!!!

JSU is the SWAC's version of a badly copied FAMU. If anybody has seen a JSU show more than twice, they can tell you exactly what your going to do. I can do it RIGHT NOW...

Tiger run-on
Opening fanfare
March down the field with a couple of TTRs (to the rears)
Form JSU and float it down the field (about as close to a drill the Boom will ever get)
Block band

That's all the Boom has done and all they will ever do. You all don't drill!! You make one simple arse formation, float it down the field, and call it a day. You should be the last band to ever talk about somebody not doing a drill.

Maybe that is something that you might not need to worry about lol. Take care of yours. OH and no matter "HOW" you want to look at it.....There is no comparison between the Boom and the SOD, so give it up. Sorry! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Question: Why is this conversation about Alcorn having a better drill than Southern even going on, Im not a Southern fan but lets be real.... rotgdflmao

Basically, that's when they had a real good sound.. and they still wasn't fugging with them animals at SU them years.... Just something folk have to accept, you can't go back and change the hands of time....Nothing you can do to go back and make SU band lesser than the band they were.
Some folks just have to accept that their programs at their best was still a notch or so under SU....lol It sound arrogant, but it's the truth...

But that's your opinion...and it gonna be your opinion because you
marched for SU...lol Opinions are not facts..

Your OPINION...lol Your for a opinion that we weren't on the same planet, son.

Biased.....Didn't you march for SU? I would expect anything different.

But that's your opinion...and it gonna be your opinion because you
marched for SU...lol Opinions are not facts..

I guess....The majority of the folk that was there feel the same as well.. nothing against them older Alcorn bands.. But SU was still a beast back then...

Back