ALCORN DRILLS WITH THE BEST OF THEM

You know your band is sad when all you can brag on is a drill or a particular section in the band. You know how it goes! Oh our trombones are good! Oh we have a good drum section! Ok how does SOD compare against the Juke Box as a whole? What did the SOD do against the them in the stands did you put a beat down on the Jukes there as well! What about the 5th?:flamethro :flippy:

You know your band is sad when all you can brag on is a drill or a particular section in the band. You know how it goes! Oh our trombones are good! Oh we have a good drum section! Ok how does SOD compare against the Juke Box as a whole? What did the SOD do against the them in the stands did you put a beat down on the Jukes there as well! What about the 5th?:flamethro :flippy:

Alcorn has been known for their drilling since I was in the the SOD. This has been discussed before. There are some SU people that have agreed that Alcorn probably drills as well as they do. Now, if they were better than SU, I can't say. I didn't make it to the game this year so I didn't see it but I know that they didn't do a half-azzed drill.
There was no 5th quarter because it started pouring down rain in the 3rd quarter and continued to rain the rest of the game. From what I was told both bands got up and left when the game was over due to the weather.

I was listening to the game yesterday and in the 2nd half you can hear both bands going at it. I always thought that the most important part was the halftime show, everything else is secondary.

Alcorn has been known for their drilling since I was in the the SOD. This has been discussed before. There are some SU people that have agreed that Alcorn probably drills as well as they do. Now, if they were better than SU, I can't say. I didn't make it to the game this year so I didn't see it but I know that they didn't do a half-azzed drill.
There was no 5th quarter because it started pouring down rain in the 3rd quarter and continued to rain the rest of the game. From what I was told both bands got up and left when the game was over due to the weather.

Dude,,Remember Alcorn's BD is from SOUTHERN..SO I HOPE YOU GUY'S DID LOOK GOOD..no no GREAT,that make's SU good great..Tell your BD Ricky Johnson we said HELLO..:swink:

Dude,,Remember Alcorn's BD is from SOUTHERN..SO I HOPE YOU GUY'S DID LOOK GOOD..no no GREAT,that make's SU good great..Tell your BD Rickey Johnson we said HELLO..:swink:

Ricky Johnson is the assistant BD..........Isn't Griffin still the head director over there?

Ricky Johnson is the assistant BD..........Isn't Griffin still the head director over there?

Right, Alcorn's band director is from Jackson State...and they need to get rid of him. Where are the Alcorn alums???

Also, Alcorn can drill as far as following good charts but their lines only look good because they march slow and walk.

:what: The last time i talk to Ricky was Feb of this year,and he said the band was his..:eek: maybe next season

SO JSU is going to go from a JSU alum to a SU alum?? :lmao:

Alcorn has a tradition of being smalltime. I guess we will never see "Supersoul" again....LOL

WHY IS IT THAT EVERYTIME A THREAD APPEARS ON THIS SITE ABOUT ALCORN SOME JSU FANS BECOME VERY NEGATIVE. I UNDERSTAND THE RIVALRY, BUT UNDERSTAND THIS ALCORN DOES NOT NEED JSU APPROVAL. AND HAVE YOU LOOKED AT JSU BAND OVER THE YEARS NOTHING HAS CHANGED ABOUT THEM NOT EVEN THEIR SONG SELECTION.

WHY IS IT THAT EVERYTIME A THREAD APPEARS ON THIS SITE ABOUT ALCORN SOME JSU FANS BECOME VERY NEGATIVE. I UNDERSTAND THE RIVALRY, BUT UNDERSTAND THIS ALCORN DOES NOT NEED JSU APPROVAL. AND HAVE YOU LOOKED AT JSU BAND OVER THE YEARS NOTHING HAS CHANGED ABOUT THEM NOT EVEN THEIR SONG SELECTION.

We want our director gone but we are still not as bad as Alcorn.

I was at the game, to start off with, Alcorn marched out on the field (not playing anything) and the first formation they started in the front line to the left was more crooked than the Miss river. Second, I don't give much credit to any band that has to leave a no marching, can't do drill group standing on the the sideline while part of the band does a drill.

Yall are better than the worse, but not close to the top.

P.S. all your dancing dolls needed was the pole.

I was at the game, to start off with, Alcorn marched out on the field (not playing anything) and the first formation they started in the front line to the left was more crooked than the Miss river. QUOTE]

I didn't wanna say it because people were going to say that I was hating, but the above user is correct. Alcorn has nice drill charts, but they have no drive, energy, or sound during the drill

I was at the game, to start off with, Alcorn marched out on the field (not playing anything) and the first formation they started in the front line to the left was more crooked than the Miss river. QUOTE]

I didn't wanna say it because people were going to say that I was hating, but the above user is correct. Alcorn has nice drill charts, but they have no drive, energy, or sound during the drill

NEVER HAVE:lmao:

SON LEMME CORRECT YOU..................FIRST THE BAND DID NOT WALK ON THE FIELD.....IT WAS THE DM THAT RAN ONTO THE FIELD AND DID THEIR ENTRANCE.....SECOND.....THE GG's DO THEIR THANG REGUARDLESS OF WHAT YOU THINK....YOUR "FLOWERS" COULD USE A INSTRUCTIONS OR TWO....IF THEY NEEDED A POLE......GIVE THEM URS SINCE ITS SEEMS LIKE YOU DON'T LIKE TWAT!!!!!! THAT IS THEIR MARK AND IF U DONT WANNA SEE DONT GO TO THE GAMES!!! I BET THEY GOT HOUSE FROM THE SU FANS..... AND THE BAND DEFINTELY HAD ENERGY ON THE FIELD...THAT IS JUST UR OPINION.....AND IT IS JUST THAT........SOUTHERN'S HALTIME SHOW WAS NOTHING TO TALK ABOUT...SOUNDS WAS GREAT YEA.....BUT OTHER THAN THAT NOTHING...........AND THAT GRANDMA SKIT WAS DONE AT THE TSU-JSU GAME........AND IN REFERENCE TO UR ALUMN BD\S......WHAT?????

this boy done started something.............every year i was in the band we killed alcorn.........especially in 2000. even though we messed up the drill cause somebody who will remain nameless got drunk before the show! but it still was a massacre. i have the tape to prove it. but i mean alcorn, stay in your place and be quiet......yall are still rebuilding. dont try to stomp with the big dogs.:no:

this boy done started something.............every year i was in the band we killed alcorn.........especially in 2000. even though we messed up the drill cause somebody who will remain nameless got drunk before the show! but it still was a massacre. i have the tape to prove it. but i mean alcorn, stay in your place and be quiet......yall are still rebuilding. dont try to stomp with the big dogs.:no:

SU halftime show wasn't anything special at all. But they killed us in the stands.

I'm going to assume that ZNSpr03 wasn't in SU's band before 2000 because there were a few times that SU got their arses handed to them before then.

SO JSU is going to go from a JSU alum to a SU alum?? :lmao:

Alcorn has a tradition of being smalltime. I guess we will never see "Supersoul" again....LOL

I guess we'll never see JSU do anything original. By the way, I heard that the reason JSU is playing alot of old music is because you all don't have an arranger over there so you can play current music. I've already heard JSU and once again, you're nothing special.

I'm going to assume that ZNSpr03 wasn't in SU's band before 2000 because there were a few times that SU got their arses handed to them before then.

Name one homie, and if u do come up wit a lie, :uzi: alcorn won't be apart of it, especially not in "99", and yes there was a 5th, and yes we got in that azz.:nod: The U has precision, quality, and technique, some things :uzi: alcorn may be lackin.:shame: Alot of bands always wanna know how the U soundin this year, how many these we got, how many those we got, when it doesn't even matter cause our SOUND will be there. But it's not even that that makes us stand out. You see, we do the lil things to stand out. You know, pickin up your feet(it does look good to the crowd when the white lifts OFF the ground), rockin(how u think the U keep there lines straight), kickin on 8, soundin off, etc. Until your band can master those few lil simple things, they won't even drill half as half as good as the U, so better is not even in thought.:shame: You can have an SU alumnus or a JSU alumnus as a band director, yall still :uzi: alcorn. And dude, if u say :uzi: alcorn has been known for drillin only ever since u were in the band,:lmao:. The U has been known for drillin since :whatever: , SINCE!!! Man, read the last statement in my sig.!!!:cool:

well homie i was in the band from 96-98 so name a year....oh and I got footage from 92-97 so please name a year.... i wil go through the trouble of transfering it from my vcr to my mac just to prove you wrong.....:smash:

Antroy with the JUKEBOX INSTRUCTIONAL GUIDE:
:read:
Picking up your feet when marching=SOUTHERN
Kicking on 8=SOUTHERN
Sounding off=SOUTHERN
Rocking while using your pv=SOUTHERN(what's pv? :xeye: )
Style=SOUTHERN

:eek::eek: "Man, that's gonna be kinda hard!! No way they'll be able to do that." :eek::eek:

Not by Alcorn they haven't............That aint never happened.

Back