ALCORN DRILLS WITH THE BEST OF THEM

Go and look at the Alcorn-SU games from '95, '98, and '99. If you look at halftime, we clearly took halftime. Especially in '98!!

Alcorn has been doing drills as far back as I can remember. When they were in the old stadium (Henderson Stadium), Alcorn was doing drills. We work on our drill about as much as SU. We have been doing drills. Not formations but actually drills. I've given SU credit. They are the top drilling band in the SWAC, quite possibly in HBCU bands period (I don't consider what FAMU does as drilling).
But don't get it confused, Alcorn can drill right along with SU. We probably can't match the Jukebox but the Jukebox does not march all over us. Get it straight.

Go and look at the Alcorn-SU games from '95, '98, and '99. If you look at halftime, we clearly took halftime. Especially in '98!!

Alcorn has been doing drills as far back as I can remember. When they were in the old stadium (Henderson Stadium), Alcorn was doing drills. We work on our drill about as much as SU. We have been doing drills. Not formations but actually drills. I've given SU credit. They are the top drilling band in the SWAC, quite possibly in HBCU bands period (I don't consider what FAMU does as drilling).
But don't get it confused, Alcorn can drill right along with SU. We probably can't match the Jukebox but the Jukebox does not march all over us. Get it straight.

Dude, Alcorn can't even outdrill JSU and TNState. Ya'll do try though.

You know this is a dumb Arse comment cause JSU can't drill at all they may be the worse drilling school. Please don't enter into the drilling conversation.

uum, just because ya'll walk slow and make straighter lines becasue of it don't make you better. You don't even have a marching style like JSU. You just get out there and walk.....your drills are boring as hell.

JSU does complex drills at a much faster pace and at least we do march some of the time...and we don't lose our sound on the field.

uum, just because ya'll walk slow and make straighter lines becasue of it don't make you better. You don't even have a marching style like JSU. You just get out there and walk.....your drills are boring as hell.

JSU does complex drills at a much faster pace and at least we do march some of the time...and we don't lose our sound on the field.

Stop it, please!!!!!!! I'm not taking away from your band or whatever but drilling and JSU shouldn't be in the same sentence unless you talking about looking for oil or something.

Stop it, please!!!!!!! I'm not taking away from your band or whatever but drilling and JSU shouldn't be in the same sentence unless you talking about looking for oil or something.

Alcorn cannot outdrill JSU. You can out walk anybody though....LOL

Let's get some non-bias opinions on this. The "Sounds" ain't nothing but a wannabe BOOM!!

^^^He's right Alcorn can not outdrill JSU...because when your band
has been doing the same drill for the last 10 years every game, its kind
of hard to beat...ie, tiger run, float the JSU, etc...lol:ebrow:

Alcorn cannot outdrill JSU. You can out walk anybody though....LOL

Let's get some non-bias opinions on this. The "Sounds" ain't nothing but a wannabe BOOM!!

Stop never have the Sounds wanted to be the boom!!!!! I'm being very non-bias really and truthfully the boom can't drill. Half of the time the songs don't even go with the movement or steps.

I didi not make the game this year, but I will say this: We did run all over the Southernaires in 1995 and 1999 for sure. I know the band hasn't been much of anything from 2000 to this present day, but to say we aren't a tight-drilling band is a lie from the pit of hell!

Jackson, yall already know that yall are down there with Valley, so stay in your place.

I didi not make the game this year, but I will say this: We did run all over the Southernaires in 1995 and 1999 for sure. I know the band hasn't been much of anything from 2000 to this present day, but to say we aren't a tight-drilling band is a lie from the pit of hell!

Jackson, yall already know that yall are down there with Valley, so stay in your place.

I agree :tup:

Honestly, I don't even remember you all in 98.... Alcorn as long as I been in the band could never fugg with the S.....

Ive' been Swac affiliated since 82. Unless Ive' missed something, "Alcorn and Drills" have never stood out of the ordinary. By no means am I saying you haven't had good shows. Im' simply saying your drills have never been etched in history in my opinion.

Let's be honest here....your dancers have traditionally been what people talked about after halftime. Not your drills. Just Biff's opinion. Peace.

To Alcorn's credit, I do recall people saying that they were the best band in the SWAC in 1999...now in what phase of the game, I don't know. Maybe because they were above average for the first time in 50 years, people called them the best. :lmao:

I can account for the years I was at Alcorn (92-97). Alcorn gave Southern
a "run for their money" those years. Wouldn't say blowout, but speaking of an entertaining show. We were a threat to any band. If you went by dance rountines, you could only do the "jukebox shuffle", the tango and the use the white boy so many times...lol A lot of nigguhs seem to have gotten amnesia just because Alcorn has been lacking as of the present, so they feel they
can talk down on Alcorn's program. You are experiencing an Alcorn band of the present with administrative problems. Remember every program has its down years..

:read: we did a gospel show in 99 and housed out for the alcorn game. why this cat on here lying?

*sidenot*

keldric wuz up CB! this brandon from shreveport!

No body said Alcorn couln't drill, and do it well. The problem came when some alumnus from ASU got on here and said they drilled a beat down on SU this past weekend. Those years when ASU claimed they out drilled SU at least Alcorn was a complete band back then but to get on here now and say you put any kind of beat down on SU is stupid when ASU lacks and can't compete against SU in some many other categories!!!

How long are ASU people going to use the excuse of adminstrative problems?? I mean SU has a down year are 2 we fix it , JSU has a down year or 2 they fix it, GSU tries to attain a college level sound they fail but they try to fix!!
You been known of these adminstrative problems in your band program for what 7 to 8 years now! So stop crying about it and FIX IT!! Be what you claim you once were!! If not don't come on here talking any kind of smack to other top programs in the SWAC

How long are ASU people going to use the excuse of adminstrative problems?? I mean SU has a down year are 2 we fix it , JSU has a down year or 2 they fix it, GSU tries to attain a college level sound they fail but they try to fix!!
You been known of these adminstrative problems in your band program for what 7 to 8 years now! So stop crying about it and FIX IT!! Be what you claim you once were!! If not don't come on here talking any kind of smack to other top programs in the SWAC

Ok, I'll fix it...:rolleyes and you fix Pete...lol This board is a board full of OPINIONS. The program might not need fixing.
The only thing that need to be fixed are the attitude of some
of these people on here thinking that their opinions are the gospel truth.

No body said Alcorn couln't drill, and do it well. The problem came when some alumnus from ASU got on here and said they drilled a beat down on SU this past weekend. Those years when ASU claimed they out drilled SU at least Alcorn was a complete band back then but to get on here now and say you put any kind of beat down on SU is stupid when ASU lacks and can't compete against SU in some many other categories!!!

I've never claimed that dude. I would fool to say Alcorn can outdrill SU, but
I will say they are one of the top contenders under SU far as drilling. I don't have
that foolish pride, I can admit we lacking if we are lacking.

Back