ALABAMA vs. LOUISIANA

As far as Aurburn goes, honestly i dont think they can pull off another season like that unless they just have a lame***** schedule this upcoming year and play some weak***** teams FAMU or somethin. They shoulda lost one in my opinion and everybody knows which one im talking about, the LSU game.

Now as for the Mangey Kitties down in baton rouge, They might as well hang it up because Big Bruce is gonna run that side of the swac.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
killer bee-tone said:
As far as Aurburn goes, honestly i dont think they can pull off another season like that unless they just have a lame***** schedule this upcoming year and play some weak***** teams FAMU or somethin. They shoulda lost one in my opinion and everybody knows which one im talking about, the LSU game.

Now as for the Mangey Kitties down in baton rouge, They might as well hang it up because Big Bruce is gonna run that side of the swac.
You do realize big bruce has never beatin southern......just think about that before you embarass yourself again.

Tigerpride said:
We played stronger opponents than BCC....who you struggled with.
How would you describe the preformance of your team against the "stronger" teams in which you played? :mrt:

before you answer TP, remember jsue's games against the two teams in the SCG

1)you didn't cross the 50
2)one damn yard

:retard::retard:

carry on.......

mighty hornet said:
before you answer TP, remember jsue's games against the two teams in the SCG

1)you didn't cross the 50
2)one damn yard

:retard::retard:

carry on.......

Mighty Ho, how do you think Bama State will do against South Carolina State in Birmingham?

...Carry On..

ummm,
of course, we will beat them.

Hopefully, jsue won't go to Detroit and mess up the SWAC's winning ways over the MEAC there.

TP is concerned about Gram's coaching staff while Bell continues to ruin JSU's reputation as the #2 team in the SWAC. It was bad enuff under Hughes against Bama State and the fans wanted a change...problem is it's now gotten "worser" with Bell as coach. So pathetic that he asked for a running clock against A&M...a team that's not a high powered offense at all!

I agree that Spears needs his azz kicked for losing to Jackson State, but at least he "manned up" and realized he didn't handle that situation well. Bell arrogantly refuses to admit that he screwed up Robert Kent's career and the reputation of JSU football. I guess he can do that when he and the AD are fish frying buddies from waaaay back.

At least Robber and GR finally admits that Bell is garbage as a coach. The jury is still somewhat out on Spears but I think he learned from last year...but trust me, if his azz don't get it done... Just let me say, I won't make an azz of myself the way TP does when he defends Bell. :xeye:

Top Five Schools, the past five years by wins/defeats:

Grambling 45 -14 3 SWAC Championships 3 Black National Championships
Southern 39 -19 1 SWAC Championship 1 Black National Championship
State 38- 22 1 SWAC Championship
A&M 34 -24 0 SWAC Championships
JSU 27-29 0 SWAC Championships

Richardson is the only coach who has been in the same position for the past five years. Spears, Jones, Coe, and Bell are new comers.

Richardson - 39-19
Coe 20 -7
Jones - 23-12
Spears - 5 -6
Bell 6 -17

==========================================================

TP is concerned about Gram's coaching staff while Bell continues to ruin JSU's reputation as the #2 team in the SWAC. It was bad enuff under Hughes against Bama State and the fans wanted a change...problem is it's now gotten "worser" with Bell as coach. So pathetic that he asked for a running clock against A&M...a team that's not a high powered offense at all!

I agree that Spears needs his azz kicked for losing to Jackson State, but at least he "manned up" and realized he didn't handle that situation well. Bell arrogantly refuses to admit that he screwed up Robert Kent's career and the reputation of JSU football. I guess he can do that when he and the AD are fish frying buddies from waaaay back.

At least Robber and GR finally admits that Bell is garbage as a coach. The jury is still somewhat out on Spears but I think he learned from last year...but trust me, if his azz don't get it done... Just let me say, I won't make an azz of myself the way TP does when he defends Bell.

The NIFL Montgomery Maulers beat the Southwest Louisiana Swashbucklers 41-30 in an exciting fun feeled evening before an announced crowd of 5,104.

1979 said:
Top Five Schools, the past five years by wins/defeats:

Grambling 45 -14 3 SWAC Championships 3 Black National Championships
Southern 39 -19 1 SWAC Championship 1 Black National Championship
State 38-26 1 SWAC Championship
A&M 34 -24 0 SWAC Championships
JSU 27-29 0 SWAC Championships

Check your numbers for State...

I think you all are forgetting about Coach Coe...This man is a Genius. Look what he has done for Bama State in just two years...First year he took Bama State to the SWAC Champ game and the next year winning it. Even though Bama only had 13 scholarships this year...You all better look out for the HORNETS...
THE STING WILL LEAVE A MARK!!!
Bama State 38 - 19 1 SWAC Championship[/QUOTE]

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Remember that Bama State also won the Inaugural Heritage Bowl against NCA&T in 1991. Make that two SWAC Championships.

HORNETSWARM said:
Remember that Bama State also won the Inaugural Heritage Bowl against NCA&T in 1991. Make that two SWAC Championships.

His numbers were from the last 5 years only.

sujag07 said:
2005 presents a type of rivalry between these two states in footballin both I-AA and I-A. Lousiana having SU & GSU vs. ASU & A&M in the swac for supremacy and LSU VS. Auburn & Alabama in the SEC. Two years ago Louisiana claimed both the BCS National Champions (LSU) and the Black National Champions (SU). Last year Alabama had Auburn going undefeated and ASU winning the SWAC. So what is your take on this year?

Great thread! I hate I got in on it too late! I hate i missed this one!

One thing that's very interesting is how ASU and AAMU, native SIACers, have become established and, at least in the case of ASU, displaced the likes of the JSUs and is now competing with the SUs and GSUs so quickly in football and basketball. Props to ASU on that and AAMU in basketball.

Bartram said:
One thing that's very interesting is how ASU and AAMU, native SIACers, have become established and, at least in the case of ASU, displaced the likes of the JSUs and is now competing with the SUs and GSUs so quickly in football and basketball. Props to ASU on that and AAMU in basketball.

In ASU's case I wouldn't say quickly Bart. They've been in the SWAC for over 20 years now, that's not quick at all. I will give ASU props for their recent success in the past 5 years though. You can no longer look at ASU, and say it's an automatic win.

Now you can say that in AAMU's case, because they've been in the conference for 6 years now, and they've become a major player in football, and they've won the conference outright in basketball. Though they haven't won a championship in football, they've been in the championship game twice, and without that 4th quarter meltdown last year in the MCC, they could've possibly been in the big game 3 times in 6 years.

All things considered, they've accomplished a lot in their short time in the SWAC, considering the tradition rich football that's played in the conference. You can make the argument that the SWAC is not the SWAC of old, but at the end of the day, you still have to win the games that you play, and that's no fault of their own, they've managed to become very competitive in a relative short period of time.

In ASU's case, it wasn't always the way it is. Quickly is doing what Hampton did when they joined the MEAC, they went in, and in their 3rd year, they won back to back football championships, and went on the win the basketball crown a few times. That's quickly establishing yourself, and at the same time, they took SC State out of the football equation over there.

NICE

O-Line said:
I think you all are forgetting about Coach Coe...This man is a Genius. Look what he has done for Bama State in just two years...First year he took Bama State to the SWAC Champ game and the next year winning it. Even though Bama only had 13 scholarships this year...You all better look out for the HORNETS...
THE STING WILL LEAVE A MARK!!!
Bama State 38 - 19 1 SWAC Championship
[/QUOTE]

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :tdown: :tdown: :scared: :scared:

HORNETSWARM said:

REALLY THESE BAMA COUNTRY BOYS ARE TRULY LOOKING FOR SOMETHING TO SAY THEY WON SOMETHING..........

D-NICE said:
and without that 4th quarter meltdown last year in the MCC,
ummm D-Nice,
There was no 4th quarter meltdown in the MCC. A&M never led by more than a TD in the 4th and if you look at the stats (or a tape of the game), you'll definitely see there was no meltdown. ASU simply made the plays to win the game. Period

ASU has been in 3 of the last 4 SCGs
ASU has been in 4 of the last 5 Swac Basketball Championships

Mighty Hornet, I know it's hard for you to think that I'm not taking shots at ASU, but in this case I'm not. If you notice I gave you (ASU) props for your 5 year run (in your post you talk of the same 5 year run in both sports) , and I also said that you guys can't be taken lightly anymore, but you have to admit, 15 years in becoming consistently good is not a QUICK take over, or displacement of JSU.

I mean prior to, 99, or 2000 you'd only won 1 game over them (JSU) in 20+ tries, at least give me that dude. It wasn't that long ago, that you only won 1 game bruh, sheesh. Remember Dickerson's last season?

As far as the meltdown statement, you won the game, and I'm not trying to take away from you, but from where I sat, AAMU had pretty much controlled the tempo of the game. The same way SU did in the SCG. In both games, you made the plays that you needed to, to win, and your team, and coaching staff deserves credit on both accounts.

My post was not to condem ASU, but to shed light on the fact that your rise was not a fast one, as Bartram posted, but A&M should be given that distinction since they've hit the ground running in the short time they've been in the conference.

The same could be said for BCC in the MEAC, they're a good team now in football, and baseball, and competitive in a lot of other sports, but they were in the MEAC a long time before it happened.

NICE

Actually, DNice
I wasn't really responding to any historical stuff about ASU.
It is what it is. And actually, that's what makes the last 5 years all the more enjoyable. Not a single school in the SWAC has competed at the top in both football and basketball the way ASU has during recent years. That's not beating my chest. That's a fact!

But, I do disagree about an A&M "meltdown" in the 4th quarter. It's not as if, A&M had been ripping ASU for the first 3 quarters. For the game, A&M had a total of 86 yards rushing and 74 yards passing. They could generate NO offense and their scores came off ASU miscues.
Add to the fact, Keldrick Wms. was basically out injured the vast majority of the game. Late in the fourth, after forcing an A&M punt, Wms. is back in the game, picks up a crucial first down on 3rd down. Jackson throws a 40 yard pass to Hoffman, then Wms. scores the game winning TD. IMO, no way does that equate to an A&M "meltdown".
I've watched that game many times (thanks MAC lol) and I have never seen it as a case of a meltdown. Simply, ASU stepping up to win.

Back