ALABAMA vs. LOUISIANA

Alabama A&M University will be in the running for a title. That's about as far as I'm willing to allude to now, but I'll say just a little bit more.

What a lot of people don't know about Alabama A&M is that this is the culmination of Coach Anthony Jones' efforts. He has been stacking up on talent for 3 FULL years now (RFr & all). If you were to look at the make up of the team last year you would be shocked that we accomplished as much as we did. The BULK of our best players were Freshmen and Sophomores. We had 11 Seniors on the team last year, and less than half of them were starters. This year we will have about 10 Seniors. The defense may be the best A&M defense you have EVER seen from us. We replace three (3) starters on defense. On offense we replace an two (2) starters. I've already said too much. Just wait til the Summer.

And yes. We have gotten better on offense.

Mr. SWAC said:
Alabama A&M University will be in the running for a title. That's about as far as I'm willing to allude to now, but I'll say just a little bit more.

What a lot of people don't know about Alabama A&M is that this is the culmination of Coach Anthony Jones' efforts. He has been stacking up on talent for 3 FULL years now (RFr & all). If you were to look at the make up of the team last year you would be shocked that we accomplished as much as we did. The BULK of our best players were Freshmen and Sophomores. We had 11 Seniors on the team last year, and less than half of them were starters. This year we will have about 10 Seniors. The defense may be the best A&M defense you have EVER seen from us. We replace three (3) starters on defense. On offense we replace an two (2) starters. I've already said too much. Just wait til the Summer.

And yes. We have gotten better on offense.

I would venture to say that the MCC will determine the east rep.......again

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
JSU/99 said:
Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Alabama A&M and Grambling will all be middle of the pack D-1 and D-1AA teams in 2005. Alabama State and Southern may be a half-step above mediocre. If you want to call a bunch of mediocre teams fighting it out a rivalry, knock yourself out.

Typical dumbazz comment from The History Channel's decaying, dying and dead program the jsue 'tiny tigglets'.

"L" every school in the SWAC made significant progress in their Athletic Programs except one =======> the 'hapless toilet bowl tigglets'..........................s_d.......so pityful..so pathetic
:shame: :shame: :shame: :shame: :shame: :shame: :shame: :shame: :shame: :shame: :shame:

JROCK said:
A&M lost that game theselves rather than ASU winning it on their own.....the pups had it in their hands.

IT HAS COME TO MY ATTENTION THAT IN ALABAMA STATE'S SCHOOL HISTORY THEY HACE ONLY BEATEN SU 9 TIMES....THATS PATHETIC AND THEIR TALKING ABOUT HOW THEY'RE DOMINATING THE SWAC.......LOL.

JROCK said:

I would expect this to be the case since ALABAMA STATE is ABUNDANTLY endowed with some exceptionally talented athletes :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

It will be the SUPER HORNET OFFENCE vs A SUPER BULLDOG DEFENSE :tup: :tup: :tup:

STRAWDOG said:
Typical dumbazz comment from The History Channel's decaying, dying and dead program the jsue 'tiny tigglets'.

"L" every school in the SWAC made significant progress in their Athletic Programs except one =======> the 'hapless toilet bowl tigglets'..........................s_d.......so pityful..so pathetic
LMAO!!!!!!

"hapless toilet bowl tigglets"
:lmao::lmao::lmao:
:lmao::lmao::lmao:

damn!

mighty hornet said:
pti,
GSUpe,
Who transferred from Yech to Gram?
Actually, a guy I missed at Tech too. LaKeldrick Bridges out of Hillcrest High in Dallas (turned on scholly offers from Texas, Nebraska, OU -- voted one of the best WRs in Texas his senior year).

sujag07 said:
A&M lost that game theselves rather than ASU winning it on their own......

:rolleyes:

Not true.

It ain't like Bama State won it on an A&M miscue. We didn't block a punt, or recover a fumble for a last second touchdown, or return an interception. If you watched to game, you should know that when Keldrick came back into the game (after missing nearly three quarters with an injury) Bama State began to get momentum and eventually took it in for the winning touchdown.

We WON it my friend, they didn't give it away.

STRAWDOG said:

:shame: :shame: :shame: :shame: :shame: :shame: :shame: :shame: :shame: :shame: :shame:

What improvements did A&P make?? :confused:

Tigerpride said:
Well, I would say Jackson State but when you are JSU, winning is never a surprise.
ummmm,
you should have posted that before Bell got that Gatorade shower for beating Valley.

Valley, I said!

:smh::smh:

damn!

Off the record but I'm not really familiar with the SWAC as well as others because I'm from NC. How many SWAC football championships do A&M and Bama State own?

Anyway, the SEC should be pretty loaded this year all around (lookout for Florida) but I really don't see anyone in the West getting the upperhand on LSU this year. They've got some talent coming. :tup:

...Carry On..

Devil's Gun Trigger Man said:
mark my words, MVSU will be in the running for the SWAC title, u heard it here first :D

In what?...Badmitton, bowling, bridge, horseshoes :nod:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Deuce said:
I expect Bama State and Southern to pretty much pick up where they left off last year. The Gulf Coast Classic should be a heck of a game this year.

If A&M can get their offense rolling, they'll be right in the thick of things too, and with big Bruce back at Grambling, expect them to be in the mix.

As for Alabma/Auburn/LSU . . . I'm a Bama fan, but they just don't have a coach, nor do they have enough talent due to scholarship cuts. Auburn is going to have a rude awakening with the loss of Ronnie Brown, Jason Campbell and "Cadillac". With a new coach, who knows what LSU will look like.

It's more than just Bruce being back. Our team was impacted just as much by the loss of both starting receivers, Mose Harris and Tim Abney. Harris was pre-season all SWAC. On defense we return Leonard Patten who was a pre-season DIAA all-american at defensive tackle. To help some remember, Patten was #98 who wrecked havoc the year before...many folk on here were raving about how he played against San Jose State. He also intercepted a pass in the BC and returned it for a long touchdown. Dude is 6'5" 305 pounds of BEAST!

Grambling has a lot coming back and added a lot for the upcoming season!

The problem with GSU against AAMU last year WASNT the qb..... it was the RECEIVERS and COACHING...

The receivers couldnt catch NOTHING... wide open touchdown passes being dropped. I had NEVER seen receivers drop as many GOOD passes as I did that game... then GSU STUCK with the passing game, when their running game was getting 6 yards a run (in the 4th quarter).... Three straight runs of 6 yards by the big back and we couldnt stop them, then they go right back to the passing game. I am sure he looked at the stats and saw where GSU was only 11 for 40 passing the ball. Spears FAILED to make any adjustments.

MikeBigg said:
It's more than just Bruce being back. Our team was impacted just as much by the loss of both starting receivers, Mose Harris and Tim Abney. Harris was pre-season all SWAC. On defense we return Leonard Patten who was a pre-season DIAA all-american at defensive tackle. To help some remember, Patten was #98 who wrecked havoc the year before...many folk on here were raving about how he played against San Jose State. He also intercepted a pass in the BC and returned it for a long touchdown. Dude is 6'5" 305 pounds of BEAST!

I agree with you Patten is definatley the best D-line in the swac and probably all of 1-aa.He really caused Southern problems in the Bayou Classic in 03. I also remember him from Glen Oaks. He played a great game against my former high school Baker.

mighty hornet said:
ummmm,
you should have posted that before Bell got that Gatorade shower for beating Valley.

Valley, I said!

:smh::smh:

damn!

Who lost to Valley last? JSU or BAMA Jelly?....and ya'll think LC is better than Bell. :smh:

MikeBigg said:

If your coaches are named Spears, White and Palmer that means you have the worst collection of Coons in the SWAC. Call it a season.. Poor Bruce. Coming back for nothing.

mighty hornet said:
I really see an intense rivalry developing between the Miss schools and the Tex schools for the bottom of the SWAC.

Once I get back from day one of Spring football tonight, I'll let you know.

Tigerpride said:
If your coaches are named Spears, White and Palmer that means you have the worst collection of Coons in the SWAC. Call it a season.. Poor Bruce. Coming back for nothing.

Spears has a winning record... :wavey:

MikeBigg said:
Spears has a winning record... :wavey:

One of those was against Savannah State and ain't no telling who else you played non-conference....prolly Benedict or somebody. So that puts you at a losing season. Cupcake wins on sissy schedules don't impress TP. Tell Spears to play Bell's schedule. In other words, "man up"!!!

Back