Alabama A&M vs Arkansas-Pine Bluff: Game Updates

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Pine Bluff is good but Coach Jones needs to find an offensive coordinator and quick . I am tired of this over conservative offense he runs. Their is absolutely no creativity to his play calling.. So dayum predictable, the little bit I could hear they were running the ball the same play all night. Defense needs to get a dayum clue. Keith had 2 Pics and a costly fumble.

bighusky00 said:
Pine Bluff is good but Coach Jones needs to find an offensive coordinator and quick . I am tired of this over conservative offense he runs. Their is absolutely no creativity to his play calling.. So dayum predictable, the little bit I could hear they were running the ball the same play all night. Defense needs to get a dayum clue. Keith had 2 Pics and a costly fumble.
True, until we find a decent offensive coordinator we are in trouble.

bighusky00 said:
Honestly, I think that some of us tried to tell you this, but I understand school pride.

Blacknbengal said:
Honestly, I think that some of us tried to tell you this, but I understand school pride.

Well I lhave said this all along. If you all want to know the truth, here it is. COach Jones is a dayum good coach, Coach Conner is not the offensive coordinaor, he is just holding a title ,he does not call plays. Jones has been calling the offensive plays every since he has been here. I mean the plays are too predctable, based on formation I can tell you what play they will run and to what side. We absolutely need to get a real offensive mind, that thinks creativly. Dayum we have the talent. Our WR's are good, RB's are solid, and our QB would be great if he had an offense he could truly be succesful with. Keith and Luke both excel rolling out of the pocket throwing it downfield. Our offense uses a typical dropback passing game that hampers Keith and causes him to see things differently throwing INTs. If We had a decent offense we would win the East but right now I cant see us beating ASU, Alcorn or Southern with this pourous offense. I am a true bulldog fan but I am also a realist. I hope I am wrong. Lets GO DAWGS!!

bighusky00 said:
Well I lhave said this all along. If you all want to know the truth, here it is. COach Jones is a dayum good coach, Coach Conner is not the offensive coordinaor, he is just holding a title ,he does not call plays. Jones has been calling the offensive plays every since he has been here. I mean the plays are too predctable, based on formation I can tell you what play they will run and to what side. We absolutely need to get a real offensive mind, that thinks creativly. Dayum we have the talent. Our WR's are good, RB's are solid, and our QB would be great if he had an offense he could truly be succesful with. Keith and Luke both excel rolling out of the pocket throwing it downfield. Our offense uses a typical dropback passing game that hampers Keith and causes him to see things differently throwing INTs. If We had a decent offense we would win the East but right now I cant see us beating ASU, Alcorn or Southern with this pourous offense. I am a true bulldog fan but I am also a realist. I hope I am wrong. Lets GO DAWGS!!
Not to knock what you're saying, but you said "Coach Jones is a good coach and he is the one calling the offensive plays". And "the plays are predictable". Well, in my opinion. If Coach Jones is good, then he would either hired a good offensive coordinator when he was hired or he would have your offense multi-dimensional. This is just my opinion.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Jax1906 said:
Does the game count in confrence standings for either school?

For UAPB it counted they are now 2-0 and the game does not count for AAMU so they remain 2-0 in the SWAC

Blacknbengal said:
Not to knock what you're saying, but you said "Coach Jones is a good coach and he is the one calling the offensive plays". And "the plays are predictable". Well, in my opinion. If Coach Jones is good, then he would either hired a good offensive coordinator when he was hired or he would have your offense multi-dimensional. This is just my opinion.

Most successful programs have offensive coordinators. HBCU's in general do not have the same funding and/or boosters as PWC's. Therefore, the Head Coach's at HBCU's can't make as many unilateral decisions (i.e. hire/fire coaching staff).

I would venture to say, especially in their later years Bear Bryant and Eddie Robinson were recognized as great coaches. They relied on Offensive/Defensive coordinators, and other staff to keep winning.

A good coach should be able to manage staff, manage players, recruit, etc. In my opinion Coach Jones is a good Coach. We at AAMU and other HBCU's ,must work to procure funds to give good coaches (like coach Jones) the staff, facilities, and other tools they need to win.

At AAMU the President, AD, Alumni, Coach Jones, trustees and others must evaluate and work together to get us the much needed Offensive Coordinator.

e_bulldog said:
Most successful programs have offensive coordinators. HBCU's in general do not have the same funding and/or boosters as PWC's. Therefore, the Head Coach's at HBCU's can't make as many unilateral decisions (i.e. hire/fire coaching staff).

I would venture to say, especially in their later years Bear Bryant and Eddie Robinson were recognized as great coaches. They relied on Offensive/Defensive coordinators, and other staff to keep winning.

A good coach should be able to manage staff, manage players, recruit, etc. In my opinion Coach Jones is a good Coach. We at AAMU and other HBCU's ,must work to procure funds to give good coaches (like coach Jones) the staff, facilities, and other tools they need to win.

At AAMU the President, AD, Alumni, Coach Jones, trustees and others must evaluate and work together to get us the much needed Offensive Coordinator.

I hear you E-Dog, but I disagree. Bell recommended/hired his whole staff. The only one that was kept was Kelly. Bell recommended his Line Coach, OC, and some others.

Blacknbengal said:
I hear you E-Dog, but I disagree. Bell recommended/hired his whole staff. The only one that was kept was Kelly. Bell recommended his Line Coach, OC, and some others.

Bell is a terrible coach. JSU should fire the AD that hired/recommended Bell. JSU should fire Bell and all of the staff he brought with him.

If Jones recommend bad staff and did not manage the football program well, I would put him in the category with Bell. AAMU has not given Jones the OK to hire or recommend an offensive coordinator. Jones have had winning seasons with no offense. Just imagine if he gets an offensive coordinator.

e_bulldog said:
Bell is a terrible coach. JSU should fire the AD that hired/recommended Bell. JSU should fire Bell and all of his recommended staff.

If Jones recommend bad staff and did not manage the football program well, I would put him in the category with Bell. AAMU has not given Jones the OK to hire or recommend an offensive coordinator.
I hear you E-dog, but the point is whether the HC hires his own OC and staff or if the president, AD, and other hires them for the HC. So, you think Jones did not hire his own OC? Was that the same OC that was there when Cooper left? Did Cooper hire this OC?

Blacknbengal said:
I hear you E-dog, but the point is whether the HC hires his own OC and staff or if the president, AD, and other hires them for the HC. So, you think Jones did not hire his own OC? Was that the same OC that was there when Cooper left? Did Cooper hire this OC?

Let me get back in this conversation. Yes Stanley conner was the OC under Cooper. Jones hired him, but I think it was mainly because when cooper left all the players wanted Conner as head coach. He kept him on because he had the support of the players and was well liked by Bulldog administration. COach Towns was also a holdover , but I imagione he will be here until he gets ready to retire. He bleeds Maroon. Cooper has 3 holdovers from on Jones staff. Towns, conner, Martin. conner is a good running backs coach but we really need a n OC with an offensive mind so Coach Jones can consentrate on game management and not calling plays.

Cooper did not have an OC. The point is the President, AD, trustees must give Jones the approval to hire and OC. AAMU and other HBCU's can't just go out and hire/fire. Money is necessary.

AAMU has not been in Div 1AA very long. I think in the next year or so we will be able to put all of the pieces together. I see year to year progress from AAMU. We will be one of the best teams in the SWAC soon. We may be one of the better teams today. We came into the SWAC suprising most of you with our wins. We are not a bottom tier team.

I'm OK with Jones and the progress of the football team. I just hope he is given the OK to hire an OC.

Ok, Big Husky says that Cooper did have an OC and you (E-dog) says that Cooper didnt. Well, this OC came from somewhere and someone did hire him.

e_bulldog said:
Cooper did not have an OC. The point is the President, AD, trustees must give Jones the approval to hire and OC. AAMU and other HBCU's can't just go out and hire/fire. Money is necessary.

AAMU has not been in Div 1AA very long. I think in the next year or so we will be able to put all of the pieces together. I see year to year progress from AAMU. We will be one of the best teams in the SWAC soon. We may be one of the better teams today. We came into the SWAC suprising most of you with our wins. We are not a bottom tier team.

I'm OK with Jones and the progress of the football team. I just hope he is given the OK to hire an OC.

Check your record my friend Conner came to AAMU with Cooper in 1998. Here is his bio http://www.aamu.edu/PR/sports/FOOTBALL/staff/conner.htm

and here is Coach Towns http://www.aamu.edu/PR/sports/FOOTBALL/staff/towns.htm

Back