Alabama A&M BOT approves alcohol sales, new arena funding

Don't think they should be selling alcohol at Mumford with all the shooting and craziness going on around the stadium.
Being drunk and in the dark after games is not a good mix.

Don't think they should be selling alcohol at Mumford with all the shooting and craziness going on around the stadium.
Being drunk and in the dark after games is not a good mix.
People have always found a way to drink, regardless. They always will. I don't have a problem with the sales of alcohol.

Drinking on gameday always reminds me of one of the best game day experiences I've ever witnessed. I was an undergrad and sat between two groups of old heads at an AAMU/Tuskegee in the Alumni Bowl. Man, from the time the bands marched in, it was so much isht talking that I just knew they were going to come to blows. Nobody was safe from jokes, players, fans, AAMU old heads even talked about the syphillis experiments trying to get a rise out of Skegee folks. Yet when the game was over, the AAMU crew pulled out their liquor bottle and shared it with the Skegee Brothers. Everyone got calm just like that. The way they were now getting along, you were like wow. That was some HBCU Brotherly love in the truest form all because of a liquor bottle....I don't drink but I loved seeing that. 😅 That's really the way it should be though.

...now somebody pass @JayRob the bottle 😅

Ok thanks for the SU info..I figured you all were selling but wasn't sure.

In Louisiana you can drink at 18. We used to have free beer bust once and a while right across the street from campus. Or sometimes we would go across the hump buy liquor and food and take it back to our room.

In Louisiana you can drink at 18. We used to have free beer bust once and a while right across the street from campus. Or sometimes we would go across the hump buy liquor and food and take it back to our room.
When I was in high school it was 14 lmao. Use to frequent the store across the humo also, well Atleast my friends did lol, wasn’t a drinker until my late college years lol.

with how laxed the laws are down there were yall able to have activities like that on campus. Do yall have a beer/liquor garden tent or just designated places around the stadium?

AAMU hills have nothing on PV's hills!

Alabama A&M does have a beautiful campus. But Prairie View......MY GOD! So breathtakingly beautiful! Until my daughter became a student, I never knew that beautiful campus was once the Alta Vista Plantation, and home to 150 to almost 400 slaves! If you've ever walked the grounds and fully take in the view, those trees will practically tell you the 1876 history.

with how laxed the laws are down there were yall able to have activities like that on campus. Do yall have a beer/liquor garden tent or just designated places around the stadium?

Most of the time, the activities were off campus as I guess the school didn't want to sanction those type of events. However, If you are familiar with S.U. off campus is considered some of the area across the street from the Stadium and a little further down. When we would have beer busts, the trucks would pull up at that little restaurant on the other side of the street. Normally those events did not happen on game day. However honestly, we would hide our liquor, bring it in the stadium and get bent. They didn't sell any liquor back when I was in school at the stadium like now.

Back