Alabama A&M BOT approves alcohol sales, new arena funding

Nicest campus in the Conference??. This is must see for me. i am TSU but i will put PV up against any school in Texas period. Yes including their daddy Texas A & M. The next TSU football road game to A & M i am going to check it out. Props to A & M for moving ahead and putting a shout out. Just because something is nicer than another does not make the lesser one bad. We need to chill out sometime. A & M said nothing negative about any other campus.

I like PVAM’s campus as well. It’s in my top 5 for sure. AAMU is at the top of my SWAC list.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
All this over a game? You want alcohol given to minors for a roll off game?
Who even thinks like that? That's totally unlawful, unethical and quite disturbing.

You just being downright stupid now. No one said anything about giving alcohol to minors. There are plenty of schools that sell alcohol to adults. Just like how it's done anywhere else, you always have to check ID to make sure you're selling to adults that can purchase it.

You just being downright stupid now. No one said anything about giving alcohol to minors. There are plenty of schools that sell alcohol to adults. Just like how it's done anywhere else, you always have to check ID to make sure you're selling to adults that can purchase it.
Call me or it what you want to, but you know darn well 18, 19, 20 year olds will easily get someone to get them beer at games.
You criticized other schools for merely playing money-making games to bring in income, but you applaud alcohol sales, knowing minors will have easier access on-campus to alcohol. Having ID's will not stop minors from getting alcohol at football games.
And all this because of refusing to roll-off 300,000 dollar money games?! Come on man.

Call me or it what you want to, but you know darn well 18, 19, 20 year olds will easily get someone to get them beer at games.
You criticized other schools for merely playing money-making games to bring in income, but you applaud alcohol sales, knowing minors will have easier access on-campus to alcohol. Having ID's will not stop minors from getting alcohol at football games.
And all this because of refusing to roll-off 300,000 dollar money games?! Come on man.

Underage people can always get someone to purchase alcohol for them anywhere. But it will be far harder to get access to it on campus or at the games because it will be sold in designated areas where there will be fewer people willing to buy for or give it to them. Also, purchasers will be informed of their own criminal/legal liability if they provide it to underage people.

This seems like the post of someone that's just bored. What's even the point of this argument lol. I mean are we really even making college kids under 21 drinking a big thing as if damn near every dorm aint full of liquor, beer and weed anyways?

This seems like the post of someone that's just bored. What's even the point of this argument lol. I mean are we really even making college kids under 21 drinking a big thing as if damn near every dorm aint full of liquor, beer and weed anyways?
Seems like you're jumping into a subject without starting at the beginning. This ain't about selling alcohol more than it is about the way a school can raise more money.
And to add, if this is such a good idea among Black educated folks, why aren't more SWAC schools doing it?
Evidently, the powers that be have serious reservations about selling alcohol at games more than playing an extra conference game.

Last edited:
I doubt if it will result in any major infusion of revenues. it is just something for alcohol-age fans. Students have to be over 21 to buy it. Not done to raise funds.

IMO if certain lucrative ideas are allowed by A&M BOT the sky is the limit...are we now the 1st HBCU to sell alcohol on campus/athletic events?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
From having a frat brother I am close with that attended AAMU, the campus is very nice. It almost reminds me of NCATs campus in their pride on infrastructure and that old school meets new school HBCU feel it has. My only knock on AAMU is those tornados y'all get over there...

Bama State has been selling alcoholic beverages in the stadium for the last several years. Beer was sold in the Acadome for basketball games.

Bama State has been selling alcoholic beverages in the stadium for the last several years. Beer was sold in the Acadome for basketball games.

does ASU have any issues with it? I've never heard of yall having any problems so I assume things have gone well with those sales.

IMO if certain lucrative ideas are allowed by A&M BOT the sky is the limit...are we now the 1st HBCU to sell alcohol on campus/athletic events?
No, Bama St has been selling since their stadium opened, SU has been selling beer, liquor, and a Daiquiri’s for 3 years at football games, and PV also sells at games.

Back