"Ain't No Santa!"

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
That why you have kids cussin' at adults. Man one of my players cuss at me and I had to knock some sense into him. I'll be damn if I let him get away with it. Plus he was light skin...

He was probably one of the ones that believed in Santa until he was 11.

My 2 cent.
I found out about 8 or 9 there was no Santa by looking out the window at the men from my community standing in the street laughing and going into the garage of my next door neighbhor (who had no kids). Some of them emerged with boxes and bikes and proceeded to their perspective houses. I was already leary and wondering. That sealed the deal. I did not tell anyone, even as I played on the new ping pong table I saw being drug from next only hours ago. No big deal until next Christmas when I had already found toys stashed away and I began to wonder if anything else was not true and I began to question every word from grown ups. I was taught to think about what people say in the first place but now I was synical.
My kids were told that Santa was a part of Christmas but did not come into our house in the middle of the night and bring toys and gifts. They have always had blessed Christmas times without the lie.

Back