ABC apologizes for intro to 'Monday Night Football'

JagsPride said:
I'm about to shift this on a funky note, pardon the pun.
What do you all think about when marching bands (and at some schools the female dancers) hump the field during their dance routines? Is this inappropriate for a football game? What do you tell you kids about that move?

that is the point i was tryin to make..all this time! half of the people complaining be the ones lookin all hard during halftime.."ewww honey lemme grab the binoculars" all while the kids are like.."why daddy..why you need the binocs"...ay its real lol yall will sit up in front of your kids and look at somethin worser than what your kids was fin to watch on MNF

....be consistent thats all im sayin

How did T.O. get exploited? I believe that if he knew he still would have done it. When we don't approve of something, boy can't we play the kid card.

No one complained when ET showed their clip at 7:00 pm of Halle Berry on the floor with Billy Bob.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
As you live and learn, you will find that what you thought someone knew they don't really know, but we assume they know. Some black actors will not play certain types of roles because they understand who they are and the fall out from what they are asked to do. I listen to Artest interview and the guy really couldn't understand why management got upset with him for wanting to take a week off. All I am saying is T.O. does not understand the world that he lives in and I am basing that on my experience and listening to his comments aobut the situation. T.O. will be remembered more for the commerical, than the touchdowns he made on Monday night football. He had an outstanding game and all is being talked about is the commerical. If he thinks it was great then he has to live with it, but if you cannot recognize a train coming the track and get out of the way, you will lose.

Thinking leads to Thinking.

MightyDog said:
As you live and learn, you will find that what you thought someone knew they don't really know, but we assume they know. Some black actors will not play certain types of roles because they understand who they are and the fall out from what they are asked to do. I listen to Artest interview and the guy really couldn't understand why management got upset with him for wanting to take a week off. All I am saying is T.O. does not understand the world that he lives in and I am basing that on my experience and listening to his comments aobut the situation. T.O. will be remembered more for the commerical, than the touchdowns he made on Monday night football. He had an outstanding game and all is being talked about is the commerical. If he thinks it was great then he has to live with it, but if you cannot recognize a train coming the track and get out of the way, you will lose.

I'm not sure the comparison applies here. Artest is a basket case in class all by himself. T.O. has never been afraid or cared about the fallout of his actions. If anything, T.O. knew beforehand how much press this would get, he's far more shrewd than people realize. He's always looking for a new opportunity to market himself, this controversy being the latest. This won't be the first or last game that T.O. is remembered more for his antics than his play. He's being left out to dry by the Eagles (who definitely knew about it beforehand) and the NFL (which knew beforehand at least by proxy).

so are we basically sayin this society hasnt accepted interracial relationships..

I believe this is what this really al about!!! we have knocked every other reason's legs from under itself...unless somebody can prove different this is what this controversy is allllllllllllll about!!!

I can see it now...." how dare he do that on national televesion "...said by both whites and blacks :confused:

MightyDog said:

I think T.O. does understand the world he lives in more than you give him credit. If he's remember more for the commerical it only confirms that race is why a few people are upset.

This was a great commercial. I think national television to be more like this commercial, only switch the ugly white chick with 90 foine white chicks and just my boy T.O. :flamethro

People are getting worked up about this and.....HAVE YOU SEEN LA RAZA TV AND THE OTHER SPANISH CHANNELS ON SUNDAY? :nod: SOAP OPERAS? :nod: Matter of fact, here's something: When you see sexually suggestive material, (young males) your brain glows. It also does the same thing for violence. Like when a safety knocks the FUGG out of a wide receiver. So, you don't want to kids to see sex (and ask YOU about it since it's your job to teach them about it) but you DO want your kids to believe that violence makes every sport better? Laughable.

legal disclaimer: I HONESTLY DO enjoy football and violence is great. Let's have a heaping helping. :goof: Now back to your regularly scheduled naked white chick.

Back