ABC apologizes for intro to 'Monday Night Football'

Da_Sperm said:
Bruh, I don't know how she used to look, but this heffa is ugly.
new_nicolette2.jpg

C'mon Dude,

Stop cow towing to the woman browsers. Becky was fine as hell and cute! :emlaugh:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
turn the freakin channel!

i bet some of yall would whoop your kids azz if they yanked the binoculars during the "football game" and "halftime"... wouldnt that seem inappropriate too!..lol

TRU3000 said:
turn the freakin channel!
Folks were tuned in to watch a football game not some desperate housewives in some farfetched, unrealistic scenario.

goes back to the old saying, "it's a time and place for everything"

PLOW DOG said:
CD! just look at who's all up in arms about the issue. Which way is your scale tipping? :argue:

I'm colored like 99% of the people posting on this page and I'm not happy about this. I don't see it as a race issue. As Mighty Hornet stated, there is a time and place for everything.

As a dirty ol man, I don't have a problem with a pink toe running around in her birthday suit. BUT, I don't want want her running around in that manner at the beginning of a football game with a 3 year old and 6 year old watching.

When I know smut is coming on ABC, CBS or any of the other networks, I change the channel when my kids are in the room. I was not expecting to see smut because I was expecting a Football Game.

CD!

I think you missed my point. I would not question you blackness. My point was when white america say ABC was wrong the nation will act. When black america says that something is wrong the nation will say go to hell.

cat daddy said:
I knew I would be the odd man out on this one. As you stated, it should not be on TV. I don't watch Desperate Housewives and I also hate their commercials.
Naw CD, you ain't the odd man...I am right there with you.

PLOW DOG said:
CD!

I think you missed my point. I would not question you blackness. My point was when white america say ABC was wrong the nation will act. When black america says that something is wrong the nation will say go to hell.

I gotcha now.

Blacknbengal said:
So, let me get this right. A white woman with nothing but a towel wrapped around her nekkid body tried to seduce T.O. into an empty locker room? He declined. Then she dropped her towel and jumped into his arms and they went for what they knew.

Sounds like something from the 1950's or 60's.

No, that's sounds like today.

All this says is that America is still immature as a nation when it comes to sex.
Europe is killing themselves laughing at America. I wonder how the prude conservatives answer their kids when they ask "Where do babies come from?"

pbla said:
All this says is that America is still immature as a nation when it comes to sex.
Europe is killing themselves laughing at America. I wonder how the prude conservatives answer their kids when they ask "Where do babies come from?"

In America you can lie, kill or be violent...Just don?t have sex....

Lots of directions to go with this one.

1. It was funny as "L" watching Terrell Owens try to act. This isht was more humorous than provacative. I know why they chose him but somebody should have given him acting lessons beforehand.

2. I thought 9EST/8CST was NOT in the family time. I thought it was 8-9 EST/7-8CST. Therefore at that time any kids watching should be prepped for what they would see. Besides if you watch UPN/WB at the family hour, you'd wind up hearing stuff just as provacative as what you saw there.

3. Some of y'all acting like its an either/or situation...either its racially or sexually inappropriate. I thought it was both. You know that 60-70% of the folks who complained were YT rednecks who were aghast at seeing one of their "prized blonde heffas" naked in the arms of that "uppity nigra"...before a FOOTBALL GAME......by God thats unamerican. And 25-30% were covering their kids eyes so that they would not see the naked azz of a woman on network TV. Oh...and there was that 5% of black women who don't like to see any black men with YT women, clothed or unclothed..... who hit the phones too... :shh:

4. ABC got just what it wanted out of this. You know somebody at the network said that this would happen just the way it did, and "wouldn't the publicity be great?" The apology is like yelling fire after the house is half burnt down...all it does is draw a crowd to watch the rest of it burn. Does anybody want to bet that the next episode of Desperate Housewives doesn't have a 20% jump in ratings over the last one? Just what they planned. :goof:

5. The NFL is hippocritical as "L".....somebody in the NFL heirachy and the Eagles management knew about this, prescreened it and blessed it for broadcast...now they are playing the holier than thou card on us. If noone didn't know, then somebody in charge needs to be fired, because they should have known, especially after the Super Bowl fiasco. :confused:

and....

6. Somebody said it. Nicky is uuugly as lye soap in the sunshine.

:lmao:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
mighty hornet said:
Folks were tuned in to watch a football game not some desperate housewives in some farfetched, unrealistic scenario.

goes back to the old saying, "it's a time and place for everything"

you right MH! there is a time and place for everything ...but this aint really no different from any other football game whether your there or its televised..especially at a SWAC football game..MH think about all the stuff you have seen or done yourself that was inappropriate in front of kids at a football game...hell Im sure all of us have at one time or not!

So whats the difference?

was is to "racy" for the kids..to "sexy" or somethin? if So! TURN THE CHANNEL!!!

Also some parents need to raise there kids! basically..and stop thinking this world is gonna do it for them..
but if you doing you best to raise them without being hyprocritical there is no problem there!!

A question for all of you. Since some of you think Football is rated "G", do you allow your kids to watch all the cursing and other stuff that goes on when they zoom in on the players and on the sidelines? Or when the microphone pics up some of the coice words on the field. Just being Devil's advocate.

Blackbear said:
Lots of directions to go with this one.
3. Some of y'all acting like its an either/or situation...either its racially or sexually inappropriate. I thought it was both. You know that 60-70% of the folks who complained were YT rednecks who were aghast at seeing one of their "prized blonde heffas" naked in the arms of that "uppity nigra"...before a FOOTBALL GAME......by God thats unamerican. And 25-30% were covering their kids eyes so that they would not see the naked azz of a woman on network TV. Oh...and there was that 5% of black women who don't like to see any black men with YT women, clothed or unclothed..... who hit the phones too... :shh:
Well put. I didn't see it but I guarantee that at the host of bars and other public establishments that have a Monday Night football thing going it was O.K. I would think that would be the biggest audience so the lead in was appropriate for the target audience. There are provacative billboards and other stuff out in the streets that are very visible and they seen more than a Monday Night Football skit.

We live in a capitalist society. Controversy sales. I have bigger problems with the music our children are listening to and the soap operas shown during the day than I have with that cheap skit on MNF.

I see all sides of this issue and I'm going to agree with one of them...I wasn't too comfortable with ol girl jumping up in TO's arms bukked nekked. And I surely didn't expect it to happen on MNF. It just seemed so out of place. And how can you change the channel when you don't know something like that is coming?

Normally, I'm immune to the black male/white female relationships (four years living in the midwest will do that to you), however, I guess it just seemed to feed into the stereotype about black men and white women and sex.

I've watched DH once or twice, but it took me a second to realize that's what they were doing. I understand the dual publicity behind it, however, DH hasn't been on tv long enough to develop any kind of REAL following. Just because it's the No. 1 tv show doesn't mean EVERYBODY is watching it. And it's the kind of show that only a certain subset is watching. I'd venture to guess that a majority of the subset IS NOT watching Monday Football so it seemed to be the wrong place to try and promote DH.

Bottom line, ABC AND the Eagles are to blame for the negative reaction. I'd like to think that the EAgles' PR person was briefed on the content and what they wanted TO to do. I wouldn't have allowed it to take place. Someone higher up than the PR person ok'd that shoot. When you cross promote it's the big boys making decisions like that.

ABC has been trying hard to 'upgrade' MNF. I'm not completely sold on the YOU'VE BEEN SACKED piece they do at halftime. It's "OK", but it's not GREAT. I wouldn't miss it if they stopped doing it next week. ABC seems to be trying every trick in the book.

Forget the gimmicks and just show me some football.

It took for her to take off her towel before you decided it was inappropiate? :rolleyes: That's just like that commercial that comes on MTV where the mother and son are sitting watching tv. They watch all types of violence material, but when the sex scene comes on she covers his eyes, like she's protecting him. lol

Come on people.

I'm about to shift this on a funky note, pardon the pun.
What do you all think about when marching bands (and at some schools the female dancers) hump the field during their dance routines? Is this inappropriate for a football game? What do you tell you kids about that move?

As someone posted, how is it that people in this country can rally around war where loved ones are sent to fight (for no purpose,) risking...and losing their lives, but get all up in arms about a fabricated sex (if you can call it that) scene, used to promote the NFL and the ABC network?

The hypocrisy and misplaced values of America are making us the laughing stock of the whole d@mned world!! Yeah, it may not have been anything you want your kids to see, but the same holier than thou midwesterners, and redneck southerners and their family values, get excited when the cowboy in the WH tells lies, and gives the "yeee-haaaaw" rallying cry to send our loved ones over to a foreign land to risk their lives for his own (and his "diddy's) agenda. :mad:

Our kids (and especially OUR kids,) and some of US listen to vulgar and despicable lyrics in rap music, and regularly watch even worse images in rap videos, that are far worse than anything that might have happened in this attention-grabbing, albeit tacky promo by ABC!

We are a sad nation, indeed!! God help us!!

AAMU Alum said:
As someone posted, how is it that people in this country can rally around war where loved ones are sent to fight (for no purpose,) risking...and losing their lives, but get all up in arms about a fabricated sex (if you can call it that) scene, used to promote the NFL and the ABC network?

The hypocrisy and misplaced values of America are making us the laughing stock of the whole d@mned world!! Yeah, it may not have been anything you want your kids to see, but the same holier than thou midwesterners, and redneck southerners and their family values, get excited when the cowboy in the WH tells lies, and gives the "yeee-haaaaw" rallying cry to send our loved ones over to a foreign land to risk their lives for his own (and his "diddy's) agenda.

We are a sad nation, indeed!! God help us!!

Alum!

They do not want to hear this. Sex is dirty! Killing is fun! :confused:

T.O. got exploited and listening to his comment on why he did the commerical, further leads me to realize he didn't see this coming. T.O. is a great football player and has always stated what is on his mind. He has challenged his coaches and embarassed them on national TV. When he did the Ray Lewis thing, he said I don't get into trouble or do drugs. In my mind, ABC knew the commerical would bring attention to T.O. in a negative manner, he just wasn't smart enough to recognize it. T.O. is a big strong athlete who some people have learn to dislike. When you are in the spotlight, you have to choose what you do wisely. ABC can say we got him big fast talktive superstar. Things like this just don't happened, you have experts who create these types of situations.

Back