AAMU names Connell Maynor Head Football Coach

The head coach felt he was a good hire and trusts him because of their relationship, so let the head coach do his job. Ultimately, the head coach will be judged on wins and losses. I actually like the Jenkins hire as an assistant and most of the other hires. We have a lot of experience!

Go Bulldogs!

I may be wrong but I don't think "Jenkins" idea of discipline will work up here. I just hope he's an asset to AAMU instead of a liability. Our administration has a track record of getting rid of liabilities ...real quick
Jenkins and Maynor are cut from the same cloth. So, if you don't like Jenkins, you will not like Maynor

Jenkins and Maynor are cut from the same cloth. So, if you don't like Jenkins, you will not like Maynor
Jenkins is one of few coaches that I have seen as a HC that could truly coach every position on the field. Not saying he would be best at each position, but he understands every position and how it fits. This is maybe a good break for him and will allow him to settle in and take a breather out of the spotlight. He will be back as a HC.

Mark DeBastiani is DC...former Norfolk State DC... when they had the #2 defense in the nation. Florida hired him from Norfolk State...Florida fired their head coach and we got him as a DC... also we should expect some Florida transfers .

Does not always work like that. JSU hired a DC a few years ago who had the #1 MEAC defense but MEAC and SWAC offenses are different. He sucked at JSU. Also, dont expect FL transfers. It does not work like that. You would think it does, but it does not. Look around at the coaches from FBS schools on various staffs and tell me how many kids transfer behind them.

We were young on offense. Already have talented RBs and WRs coming back. The QB's should be better with another year in the system. Losing Orlando hurt us last season.

A QB either has it or he dont. You all need a new one. Just like JSU, we are simply starting over in that regard. Unless injured, 2017 trash is 2018 trash.

This should not be such a surprise
I told you to stay tuned. These were the type of things emphasized to the search committee. It was told to seek head coaches or oc or oc from teams with highly successful records. It was told to stay away from recycled coaches with histories of losing records. What this shows is that a coach who other coaches believe will win can attract good assistants and even former head coaches would be willing to work as assistants in the hope that being part of a successful program will get them another shot at being a hc.

P.S. When Jenkins came over ant talked to me and J.C. at a baseball game, he said he wanted to dominate the MCC. I told he was on the wrong side for that to happen. Maybe he wants to be on the right side.

The truth is Jenkins has nowhere to go. The fact that he left BCU while still on top to go to ASU lets you know that he was "forced" out. NONE of his assistants came with him. Im sure that everyone in the football world knows what is really up with him. Now being a WR coach at AAMU is very lowly. I would have thought he could at least go back to being a FBS WR coach.

Does not always work like that. JSU hired a DC a few years ago who had the #1 MEAC defense but MEAC and SWAC offenses are different. He sucked at JSU. Also, dont expect FL transfers. It does not work like that. You would think it does, but it does not. Look around at the coaches from FBS schools on various staffs and tell me how many kids transfer behind them.

Only respected coaches get FBS transfers. Maynor brought in nine last year. Five from Power 5.
http://www.dailypress.com/sports/hampton-university/dp-spt-hu-fbs-transfers-0810-20160809-story.html

Only respected coaches get FBS transfers. Maynor brought in nine last year. Five from Power 5.
http://www.dailypress.com/sports/hampton-university/dp-spt-hu-fbs-transfers-0810-20160809-story.html

..and his team sucked. That's not a good look. Why you even post that?

Also, Maynor made his career off of transfers. He couldn't do that at Hampton. He wont be able to do it at AAMU. Nor will he get good HS recruits at AAMU. I do expect him to hit the JUCOs hard tho if the admins at AAMU let him. You will need a good compliance office for that.

A QB either has it or he dont. You all need a new one. Just like JSU, we are simply starting over in that regard. Unless injured, 2017 trash is 2018 trash.
We'll add a new one. There were better QB's on the roster that didn't play last year that should have gotten some playing time.

The truth is Jenkins has nowhere to go. The fact that he left BCU while still on top to go to ASU lets you know that he was "forced" out. NONE of his assistants came with him. Im sure that everyone in the football world knows what is really up with him. Now being a WR coach at AAMU is very lowly. I would have thought he could at least go back to being a FBS WR coach.

I heard some stories about why he left BC so quickly. He is lucky to have another coaching job at this point even if it is not being a head coach. He has kids and needs to work. Maynor saved the day for him.

There is nothing to show that he did not have anywhere to go. There has been no articles indicating he could not find a job. It is most likely that he chose the AAMU job because he believed Maynor will win. The WR job will not be lowly if the team wins big...Every school with an opening would be willing to consider him.

There is nothing to show that he did not have anywhere to go. There has been no articles indicating he could not find a job. It is most likely that he chose the AAMU job because he believed Maynor will win. The WR job will not be lowly if the team wins big...Every school with an opening would be willing to consider him.

Why no schools willing to consider him now? The MEAC ball is coming to The Hill! lol

Keep thinking that if you want to. If Jones could do it, Maynor damn sure can.

The fear is real LOL
What did Jones do? lol

Jones was never a threat to JSU. I doubt Maynor will be either. Jones beat Bell like everyone else and went 2-6 vs Comegy. Very impressive! lol

What did Jones do? lol

Jones was never a threat to JSU. I doubt Maynor will be either. Jones beat Bell like everyone else and went 2-6 vs Comegy. Very impressive! lol

Got the same amount of rings and comegy had at JSU right? But no need to talk about old coaches Maynor will lead the way

Very surprised at Jenkins. However, things are different when you are homies. This move clearly shows the MEAC and SWAC world that Jenkins is will to hang around the HBCU game and take other available positions. If things don’t pan out at programs like Valley, Howard, Morgan St, Pine Bluff, or even Del St, Jenkins could easily land him another gig. This is really good for AAMU fans who have been waiting impatiently for some action. The staff is impressive and AAMU is in line to get back to being a FCS conference contender. I really want to see what this thing will look like.

Got the same amount of rings and comegy had at JSU right? But no need to talk about old coaches Maynor will lead the way

I woldnt trade our Comegy years for your Jones years! You all keep bringing up the rings... and YES, we all want the rings but a program is about much more than that. JSU has had an unprecedented 4 straight losing seasons! Winning rings in those 4 years would have been great but JSU has been known for being a consistent program so we win games. AAMU was never on our level regarding that. But keep harping on rings when you dont even have a solid football foundation. UAPB got a ring and now they look like trash. It aint all about the ring. But this is why it's so funny when JSU alums see some of you like PV alums get happy over small victories. Some of you dont know what building a program is like. Most of what you all are doing, JSU has been up and down that hill. Our problem is that the people in charge had the wrong people in their ear. Trust me, JSU never feared Alcorn and we will never fear AAMU. There is a reason for that and AAMU alums wont get it until 10 years from now. There are only 4-5 HBCU programs in the nation capable with competing with JSU long term. Some of the people at JSU still dont see the things they are doing wrong and just because I dont publically broadcast it, does not mean I don't see it. AAMU is not a threat right now. They have some things to change. JSU also has some things to change. I want to see if our new President can make the changes. He says he will.

Now sit back, relax and continue to lose to JSU like you always do. I know AAMU. I told you all that you were gonna pick your coach last.

Carry on......

Very surprised at Jenkins. However, things are different when you are homies. This move clearly shows the MEAC and SWAC world that Jenkins is will to hang around the HBCU game and take other available positions. If things don’t pan out at programs like Valley, Howard, Morgan St, Pine Bluff, or even Del St, Jenkins could easily land him another gig. This is really good for AAMU fans who have been waiting impatiently for some action. The staff is impressive and AAMU is in line to get back to being a FCS conference contender. I really want to see what this thing will look like.

Dude, Jenkins is done. He might be able to take the route of Ron Cooper but his HC days at an HBCU are over.

There are only 4-5 HBCU programs in the nation capable with competing with JSU long term.

Now sit back, relax and continue to lose to JSU like you always do.

I know AAMU. I told you all that you were gonna pick your coach last.

Fact #1 In the last 2 decades, your school has the same # of championships that we have. Just 1. Your school is no better than my school.
Fact #2 Your school beat us for the first time in 3 years. So no we don't always lose to JSU.
Fact #3 What does picking a coach last mean to anything? We took our time and picked the right one and that is all that matters.

Last edited:
Fact #1 In the last 2 decades, your school has the same # of championships that we have. Just 1. Your school is no better than my school.
Fact #2 Your school beat us for the first time in 3 years. So no we don't always lose to JSU.
Fact #3 What does picking a coach last mean to anything? We took our time and picked the right one and that is all that matters.

There you go with that championship thing again.

..and yes, you always lose to JSU. The only time you win is when we have no clue. You were supposed to beat us this year but your team was just too bad. JSU messed up by hiring OMJ and Bell and that gave you almost ALL of your wins vs us.

Dude, you picked last because nobody wanted to coach there so they applied to other schools first. Good thing Hampton fired Maynor. No telling who ya'll would have. As I already said, it's real smalltime to do a coaching search anyway. When JSU fires a coach, we already know our next coach. If we fire Hughes, we already know our next coach. LOL We don't pick last.

There you go with that championship thing again.

..and yes, you always lose to JSU. The only time you win is when we have no clue. You were supposed to beat us this year but your team was just too bad. JSU messed up by hiring OMJ and Bell and that gave you almost ALL of your wins vs us.

Dude, you picked last because nobody wanted to coach there so they applied to other schools first. Good thing Hampton fired Maynor. No telling who ya'll would have. As I already said, it's real smalltime to do a coaching search anyway. When JSU fires a coach, we already know our next coach. If we fire Hughes, we already know our next coach. LOL We don't pick last.

Maybe next time, use a coaching search since you knew who your next coach was in OMJ and Bell, lol.... Picking first haven't helped you all, JSU is a has been and will never be relevant again, keep living on the past!

Maybe next time, use a coaching search since you knew who your next coach was in OMJ and Bell, lol.... Picking first haven't helped you all, JSU is a has been and will never be relevant again, keep living on the past!

The people who picked Bell was an outsider and the OMJ hire had been in the works since 1999. No thanks on the coaching search. No matter who we get will beat AAMU, as always.

Back