AAMU names Connell Maynor Head Football Coach

You are correct that no coach determine the MCC. However, we only can go up and we didn't decide to keep a losing coach. I like our chances better than before!
I agree. I thought that you guys definitely had the talent to at least win the SWAC East last season.

Congrats to the Dogs. I was so surprised he didn’t do well at Hampton. I heard that the president there was to blame for interfering with his coaching style because he did not like it. Dr Harvey would not allow all those transfers in on the team. Big question: Can he win without all those transfers? I will wait and see how it all turns out. Coaches with big resumes and success SOMETIME can come up short. Hint, hint....like Jenkins who coached at ASU.

Last edited:
I like this hire. I wouldn't write ASU off so fast just yet. They looked to have had a damn good early signing period with FBS transfers.

"It ain't about the X's and O's, it's about the Jimmies and Joes..."

Maynor had a good winning track record at WSSU before going to Hampton. Time will tell.

A&M has always been a place that get transfers so that wouldn’t be a problem. Hiring a staff to recruit Alabama and really coach would be what he is judged on. I like his chances to turn the dogs into winners the last 4 years has been tough cause the kids are deserving of success. I hope he hires Strength coach and good staff

I like this hire. I wouldn't write ASU off so fast just yet. They looked to have had a damn good early signing period with FBS transfers.

"It ain't about the X's and O's, it's about the Jimmies and Joes..."
Just added another one a couple weeks ago. Defense might be better than last year.

Good news. With late start on recruiting I'll wait until 2019 to see what we're looking like.

Good news. With late start on recruiting I'll wait until 2019 to see what we're looking like.

I believe he will string together a decent class of course with transfers. I feel like we could’ve put the class togethe two weeks ago especially before classes started

He def coming to a better stadium.. .lol

Look at that shit!

Their move to the Big south will be looked at like the lowest team in the conference. They don’t even have a hbcu stadium let a long a stadium to compete in a big south conference. At that level it’s all about facilities, look at Tenn st. They have a indoor facility idk if there is any other hbcu with that plus they play at two stadiums one being nfl. Big south my ass lmao

Their move to the Big south will be looked at like the lowest team in the conference. They don’t even have a hbcu stadium let a long a stadium to compete in a big south conference. At that level it’s all about facilities, look at Tenn st. They have a indoor facility idk if there is any other hbcu with that plus they play at two stadiums one being nfl. Big south my ass lmao
And Tenn State still only goes 6-5 at best with all of that. lol

Back