AAMU names Connell Maynor Head Football Coach

Thanks, we are just hoping to be competitive again with the top teams in the conference. Today's hiring is a good sign and good luck the Jags also, looking forward to the atmosphere in Mobile!
Likewise. Congrats on the coach and good luck this year. I will be in mobile.

Alabama A&M (FCS): Defensive coordinator Travis Pearson and offensive line coach Keith Wagner have been retained on the new staff, per a tweet from WZDX

Brian Jenkins will be coaching wide receivers ...

Are you serious? Wow that is a big fall from being a HC to WR coach on the HBCU level. At least I thought dude could get an OC job somewhere. I guess his stock has seriously taken a hit. Maybe this will light that fire back in him again. He looked so defeated at Ala State. Could be a steal of an assistant coach for AAMU. Hopefully him and Maynor get along. Both are ALPHA DOG personalities.

Beat me to it. Surprised that he'd take this position.

Wow. I thought yall were joking at first but you are serious. That is a serious fall especially since he got fired mid-season so you thought he would have landed at least a OC or D2 job somewhere

Wow. I thought yall were joking at first but you are serious. That is a serious fall especially since he got fired mid-season so you thought he would have landed at least a OC or D2 job somewhere
Definitely thought he would've at least got a job as a D2 HC. After seeing our offense last year, I don't think he would've been that good as a OC.

Mark DeBastiani is DC...former Norfolk State DC... when they had the #2 defense in the nation. Florida hired him from Norfolk State...Florida fired their head coach and we got him as a DC... also we should expect some Florida transfers .

Are you serious? Wow that is a big fall from being a HC to WR coach on the HBCU level. At least I thought dude could get an OC job somewhere. I guess his stock has seriously taken a hit. Maybe this will light that fire back in him again. He looked so defeated at Ala State. Could be a steal of an assistant coach for AAMU. Hopefully him and Maynor get along. Both are ALPHA DOG personalities.

I dont get the Jenkins hire on The Hill at all...idk about this one

Only on defense.. Offense needs a toll overhaul..
We were young on offense. Already have talented RBs and WRs coming back. The QB's should be better with another year in the system. Losing Orlando hurt us last season.

I like our coaching staff. Maynor and Jenkins are good friends. I think Jenkins will be a strong addition to the staff. Most of our staff has been HC's or Coordinators before and all can recruit!!! This should be interesting!!!

Go Bulldogs!

Alabama A&M (FCS): Defensive coordinator Travis Pearson and offensive line coach Keith Wagner have been retained on the new staff, per a tweet from WZDX

When it came to hiring his assistancs, Coach Maynor told us this morning that he needed guys that he could TRUST on his staff. He's knows Wagner from their days in the MEAC together and he knows Pearson from the 90's when they faced each other in the Arena Football League.

We were young on offense. Already have talented RBs and WRs coming back. The QB's should be better with another year in the system. Losing Orlando hurt us last season.
If we don't get much better at QB and OL, it will not matter. WE didn't beat anyone for real during that 5-1 finish. The positive though is that there was so many coaching changes that the East is wide open. I expect Alcorn to fall this year, which opens up for ASU, A&M and Jackson. I hope we can find a transfer QB over next couple weeks.

This should not be such a surprise
I told you to stay tuned. These were the type of things emphasized to the search committee. It was told to seek head coaches or oc or oc from teams with highly successful records. It was told to stay away from recycled coaches with histories of losing records. What this shows is that a coach who other coaches believe will win can attract good assistants and even former head coaches would be willing to work as assistants in the hope that being part of a successful program will get them another shot at being a hc.

P.S. When Jenkins came over ant talked to me and J.C. at a baseball game, he said he wanted to dominate the MCC. I told he was on the wrong side for that to happen. Maybe he wants to be on the right side.

Reactions: J C
If we don't get much better at QB and OL, it will not matter. WE didn't beat anyone for real during that 5-1 finish. The positive though is that there was so many coaching changes that the East is wide open. I expect Alcorn to fall this year, which opens up for ASU, A&M and Jackson. I hope we can find a transfer QB over next couple weeks.
Lol, I got faith that we'll definitely be better on offense. I don't think it's possible to be any worse than last yr.

how much was Jenkins salary at ASU?

someone will eventually ask Jenkins how do go from ASU HC to A&M wide receivers coach? why are you here?

Back