A Question For ALL Astute Smackers

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Did ASU enjoy being laughed at by the Sultan of Bruneii in its stadium fund-raising campaign?
:eek:

img3.jpg

"Bama State, I hereby sentence you to death by scholarship starvation."

MH, I take it you're not a proponent of captial punishment?

img8.jpg

"Bama State, if you sced say you sced!"

HBCUs,

I asked GR and he conveniently danced around the issue now I'll ask you

L.C. or J.W.???

You make the call

but then again, L.C. can't keep the unis so fresh and so clean like J.W. can. And I know how important it is to look good to you all in pississippi, the jheri curl capital of the world!!!!

A brother has been too busy to comment...

Originally posted by Kool-Aid2K1

To have Cole we wouldn't have to give up any body parts, just postseason play .........

Somewhere, Robber and Get Ready are kicking themselves, biting their lips, swearing, etc. at the mere mention of 'JSU' and 'Post-Season' in the same sentence.

ROTGDFLMMFAO !!!!!!

Can you say 0-19 ??

:emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh:

MH,

I'll take my chances with Hughes. At least in a post-Hughes era, odds are better that I'd still have a viable program.

Face it bruh. You guys needed Cole a lot more than we did. We've always had the recruiting base and strong tradition to see us through even the toughest of times. We don't need gimmicks like "SWAC eastern division runner-up" gold watches or bill boards to generate excitement over the Blue Bengals. We don't have to gamble with the NCAA to have a winner.

Contrary to popular SWACpage belief, L.C. Cole is far from a god. Is he a good strategist and organizer? Yes. Does he have checkered past? Hell Yes. Will he bolt from Bama State for the first I-A chance he gets? Likely. Will Bama State be better off as a football program when he goes? Well, I'll let you interview Tennessee State fans for that answer. :(

Do you realize that Tennesee State is one banana peel away from having the recruiting prowess of an early '90s Prairie View? Good luck on your gamble, though. Who knows? It just may pay-off, but I doubt it. ;)

The Bengal, I don't fire coaches, they fire themselves.

I have been at some meetings when the decision was made to fire 2 or 3. When the Chairman of the National Alumni Association Athletic Committe make it known that folks are upset about your style and you refuse to change then your days are numbered around here. So we still have a good marriage at the moment. The official firing committee attend all games. The committee understands the issues with winning in the SWAC. But we also understand we cannot make it easy for these officials by covering up for what they do.

So at the moment we understand our position and the coach is doing alright under adverse conditions.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Back