2023 Football Schedules

What is it going to take to get Tennessee State back on Alabama A&M’s schedule? These schools have too much history and are too close in proximity to not be playing each other regularly.

Great question. I think the overall series is tied with both teams winning 6 games each.

What is it going to take to get Tennessee State back on Alabama A&M’s schedule? These schools have too much history and are too close in proximity to not be playing each other regularly.
I think TNState saw yall as being smalltime so they left you alone. Even now, they are not asking to play yall. I think if you are willing to go to them for a payout for HC or JMC, they might agree to play yall.

I think TNState saw yall as being smalltime so they left you alone. Even now, they are not asking to play yall. I think if you are willing to go to them for a payout for HC or JMC, they might agree to play yall.
The way TNSU literally raw dawg and rodded JSU out on National TV for over decade you should be the last one talking. They put enough raw dawg up in JSU to last for decades.......

The way TNSU literally raw dawg and rodded JSU out on National TV for over decade you should be the last one talking. They put enough raw dawg up in JSU to last for decades.......
Cee we left them with 3 Ls though. And that program is JSU North. It was built off JSU legacy and still being run by JSU admin..

The fact that we kicked their tails as regularly as we did JSU just might have something to do with it.
Take your own advice and stay out of A&M's business...Now that Sanders is gone. JSU will return to being JSU

The fact that we kicked their tails as regularly as we did JSU just might have something to do with it.
Take your own advice and stay out of A&M's business...Now that Sanders is gone. JSU will return to being JSU
When TNState got good, they stopped playing yall. Had you played them in most of the last 15 years, they would have blown yall azz out.

Do you know what JSU being JSU is?
It's what you dont want. JSU was NOT JSU when Bell was the coach or Old Man Jackson or Tinman Hughes. When JSU is JSU, we beat yall azz. Coach TC would NEVER lose to yall.

Do you know what JSU being JSU is?
It's what you dont want. JSU was NOT JSU when Bell was the coach or Old Man Jackson or Tinman Hughes. When JSU is JSU, we beat yall azz. Coach TC would NEVER lose to yall.
Facts. These folks wishing upon a star. This train gone keep on rolling. The staff selection and recruiting class were signs they are trying to overlook 😆 🤣

Happy with our schedule with the exception of Lincoln! Glad they worked out the JSU game. Folks will complain regardless. It’s funny to hear valley folks offering scheduling advice! This is America, I guess!
I don't have any problem scheduling a cupcake for HC... just glad we did not schedule 2 of them.

IMO, the JSU game has to be scheduled every year because of it significance. I'm guessing JSU would have been our permanent East team (instead of FAMU) if Alcorn would have remained in the East. JSU should have a pretty good team this year so this game is just as good as a ranked FCS team with more fans.

ASU is probably the only game that could have been swapped for a FCS power but guessing they would not come to Mumford.

I don't have any problem scheduling a cupcake for HC... just glad we did not schedule 2 of them.

IMO, the JSU game has to be scheduled every year because of it significance. I'm guessing JSU would have been our permanent East team (instead of FAMU) if Alcorn would have remained in the East. JSU should have a pretty good team this year so this game is just as good as a ranked FCS team with more fans.
ASU is probably the only game that could have been swapped for a FCS power but guessing they would not come to Mumford.

Coach Dooley & Coach Rob are two NOLA guys that know one another. So you can look for those two guys to play one another when they can. Also, I believe Coach Banks is looking for a solid opponent to come into Mumford next year that will contribute to attendance. Those Louisiana FCS programs just don’t do it….With jsu & FAMU on the road in 2024 we will need a compelling opponent like Bama State at the very least to mitigate our gate receipts losses.

With the exception of UAPB finding a 11th game, everyone's schedule is complete.

Cee, you got to understand the mindset of a JSU Tiger. When they were terrible they talked trash. When they are good they talk trash. The moral of the story is whether good or bad they gone talk trash. Everything will be settled in the fall....

Last edited:
Back