2023 Football Schedules

Why dont AAMU and TSU play each other on a home and home basis? The schools are so close to each other.

It should be well attended.
Adding to @Normal1875 said about the history of Alabama A&M and Tennessee State in the early 2000s, Coach Maynor has said that he's been trying to schedule Tenn State since he arrived on campus and keep getting turned down.

Plus Tennessee state's nonconference schedule and slate is full until 2025 as well

Adding to @Normal1875 said about the history of Alabama A&M and Tennessee State in the early 2000s, Coach Maynor has said that he's been trying to schedule Tenn State since he arrived on campus and keep getting turned down.

Plus Tennessee state's nonconference schedule and slate is full until 2025 as well
Tennessee state probably scared of Maynor especially after how Coach Anthony Jones would beat them...I'm not suprised at all...

Why dont AAMU and TSU play each other on a home and home basis? The schools are so close to each other.

It should be well attended.

Because AAMU is smalltime. Why would TNState go there. Also, there is nothing to gain by beating AAMU.
On the flip side, TNState is sorry too so you have two schools with NO fans scheduling a game. Their fans only go to the SHC and Homecoming.
Since AAMU fans skip their home games to go to TNState Homecoming, maybe AAMU should agree to be TNState HC opponent every year like Tuskegee used to be AlaState's HC every year.

The way A&M owned the John Merritt Classic in Nashville...TSU probably still salty about those Ls we handed them! 😒💀...

Aint nobody scared of Annie. Since the time yall beat them, TNState's program has been leaps and bounds better than the Bulldog program.

Because AAMU is smalltime. Why would TNState go there. Also, there is nothing to gain by beating AAMU.
On the flip side, TNState is sorry too so you have two schools with NO fans scheduling a game. Their fans only go to the SHC and Homecoming.
Since AAMU fans skip their home games to go to TNState Homecoming, maybe AAMU should agree to be TNState HC opponent every year like Tuskegee used to be AlaState's HC every year.
I am going up on my rent price. It is too dam low!!!

Last edited:
😒I've said for years that TSU and AAMU should be on each other's schedule annually, home-n-home series as close as they are in proximity and considering how ALL of TSU's rivalries are now a distant memory [and I really REALLY hate that soooo much]....why TSU continues turning down AAMU is beyond me...if in fact, that is whats happening. :rolleyes: I guess the OVC schedule is SOOooo exciting and entertaining [NOT and HELLNAW] that AAMU brings little fan pleasure?

And since JSU is no longer in the SHC, I am wondering if they will end up with a home-n-home series with the Big Blue Tigers at some point?

And WHEN the SWAC moves up to the FBS level [and I am just thinking like they will versus wondering 'IF'] I am hoping they invite TSU to come along and I hope TSU ACCEPTS!!! Just make it happen before I leave this earth. And I don't believe ALL the SWAC teams will move up to FBS, most will but....well, time will tell.

😒I've said for years that TSU and AAMU should be on each other's schedule annually, home-n-home series as close as they are in proximity and considering how ALL of TSU's rivalries are now a distant memory [and I really REALLY hate that soooo much]....why TSU continues turning down AAMU is beyond me...if in fact, that is whats happening. :rolleyes: I guess the OVC schedule is SOOooo exciting and entertaining [NOT and HELLNAW] that AAMU brings little fan pleasure?

And since JSU is no longer in the SHC, I am wondering if they will end up with a home-n-home series with the Big Blue Tigers at some point?

And WHEN the SWAC moves up to the FBS level [and I am just thinking like they will versus wondering 'IF'] I am hoping they invite TSU to come along and I hope TSU ACCEPTS!!! Just make it happen before I leave this earth. And I don't believe ALL the SWAC teams will move up to FBS, most will but....well, time will tell.
long story short...ever since we moved up to D1 FCS we been kicking Tenn state azz..if you see how salty some of their fans be after the games you would understand why they're scared to take a L....it burns their soul to the core that we own the John Merritt Classic lol

I am going up on my rent price. It is too dam low!!!

Get Out Omg GIF by Get Out Movie

Yep, you got to raise the rent. However, remember swatters refuse to move. AAMU has a permanent residence in his brain :D:D:D

Last edited:
Get Out Omg GIF by Get Out Movie

Yep, you got to raise the rent. However, remember swatters refuse to move. AAMU has a permanent residence in his brain :D:D:D
I've got contacts with all the sheriff's and city police chiefs. If he misses just one payment, eviction is certain. But regardless, rent goes up prohibitedly high next year.!!!

You think TNState people would go to Huntsville? What would be the draw? They dont even go to games in Nashville.
TNST and A&M used to be a big game. They would travel to Huntsville. In Fact the last time they came to Huntsville in the Coach Jones era we had over 18000 at the game.

Why not do some reserve sections at the stadium for season ticket holders? Is an act or the legislature required to do reserved seats?

Why not do some reserve sections at the stadium for season ticket holders? Is an act or the legislature required to do reserved seats?
Sections 104, 105 and 106 on the Home side and Sections 120, 121 and 122 on the Visitor's side are reserved. Box seats are also reserved. Sections in yellow are general admission. Season tickets can be purchased in either the box seats section, general admission or reserved. Purchases are based on availability.

seatingchart_0 (1).jpg

Last edited:
Back