2017 SWAC BASEBALL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

The wind ain't on Bama St's power hitters side today. They are going to have to put some power on the ball.

sTu is playing some good defense. They want this championship badly.

Another double play gets sTu out of trouble and ends the inning. Those Tigers are playing with passion today.

Top 9
sTu 2
ASU 2

Great defense by sTu. Two tough fly balls caught in the outfield and shot to the shortstop to end the bottom of the 9th. If the wind wasn't in today, that first ball hit in the outfield would have been a home run for ASU to end the game.

2-2 in the top 10th.

If somebody can get on top of one and hit hard line drives instead of trying to lift them, this game may be over already.

I think that's how it should be, especially when both teams were undefeated in the tournament.
I hear ya, but I am one of those folks who feel a double elimination tournament is a double elimination tournament all the way.

sTu just missed another shot at a homer due to the wind. It would have been gone on a better day. Lol. This is crazy.

If somebody can get on top of one and hit hard line drives instead of trying to lift them, this game may be over already.

You are right. The ASU kids are swinging for the hero homerun instead of trying to put the ball in play. They have the power smash the ball in the outfield if they can at least get a runner in scoring position. This could really bite them in their stinger if sTu finds a way to put the ball in place against this ASU pitcher who is in complete command right now.

We go to the top of the 11th.

We are going to the top 12 with sTu's top coming up.

This is the best SWAC Championship Game I have seen in years. sTu is playing with heart and refusing to lose this one. ASU is controlling sTu by changing the spots every hitter. They are playing chess with sTu and it's working. They have sat down 20 consecutive batters.

Back