2010 BET Awards

Status
Not open for further replies.
"GET OUT DA WAAAAAAY......PRETTY GURL COMIN THRUUUU!!!" :flippy: :lol:

They don't realize with all the dances and "popular lines" in that dudes songs that 15 yrs from now, he is gonna be the old school king for those in his generation. :lecture: That dude been going strong for like 3-4 yrs.

I really don't care, first of all. I think it's THEIR business.

But here's my opinion- as I have shared on FB- If Swizz was NOT with his wife (broken up, separated, divorced, whatever), I have no issues with Alicia getting with Swizz. BUT if she was the cause of their marriage breakup, then that's not cool and I think BOTH Swizz and Alicia are wrong. And again, I really don't care, because I'm not their judge. And considering ALL sins are still sins in the eyes of God, all of us need to hush and stop holding this over this girl's head, because ALL of us ARE/HAVE done some things that are pleasing to the eyes of God.

And since I don't know the WHOLE story, just like ya'll who are ALL speculating (and reading these gossip sites or whatnot), I just say let Alicia and Swizz do their thing. They are not the first and certainly won't be the last.

Thank you. Haters gonna hate.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
What is you talking about?!?! :retard: Go back and read those Tiger threads, I didn't comment on those Tiger threads. :lol: Why? 'Cause I didn't/don't care. When it comes to these REAL marriage discussions, I think people need to work out THEIR own affairs. My opinion/judgements makes no never mind. Because ONLY the people in that marriage KNOW the FULL DEAL. I ain't 'gon judge Swizz, because I don't know what he dealt with with his ex-wife. And I ain't judging Alicia, because I don't know at what point she entered Swizz's life. And ya'll don't truthfully know either.

I just so happen to comment on this Alicia/Swizz thing, because I wanted to know what the fuss was about. I'm late on hearing about their "affair." And since I still don't know the REAL deal, I say let them do their things and folks need to leave it alone. That doesn't mean I condone or sympathize for Alicia; it simply means I don't CARE and believe people need to sweep around their own door.

In my almost 34 young years on this earth: I have learned to mind my own darn business, don't judge ANYBODY unless I've walked a mile in their shoes and to never say never. The one thing you can crucify somebody on today, just may be your situation tomorrow. So we need to worry about ourselves, PRAY for folks (rather than talking down about them) and keep our judgemental tongues SHUT.

Preach Crit!

As for Alicia and Swizz: I don't think either of them are wrong. They have to be happy in THEIR life. If dude was happy at home, he never would have looked at Alicia. He did the right thing to leave when he realized where he really wanted to be. Now, they would BOTH be wrong if he was just his side piece and got knocked up. However, they did this the right way. Of course the ex-wife was not happy with how things happened but I can't see how the situation could have been done any better.

They don't realize with all the dances and "popular lines" in that dudes songs that 15 yrs from now, he is gonna be the old school king for those in his generation. :lecture: That dude been going strong for like 3-4 yrs.

This is just plain sad.

This is just plain sad.

The same thing was said about the music in our generation... :lecture:

I went to a wedding 2 weeks ago and people were preppin, smurfing, tootsie rollin, doin the Kidd-n-Play, and everything else.. :lol: Did you see the reaction of those fans when dude was on stage? They gonna be "Crankin That for a while to come.

...and actually, I have to problem with the music of this generation. I don't like everything but I like a variety of music genres. I just take songs for what they are. Some of you all are acting like everyone is supposed to be a musical genious. Music is supposed to make you move, motivate you, and make you feel good. Dude gets the crowd moving and they like that.

Yep....they gone be doing the Superman at their class reunions. :lol:

Hell, I like Soulja Boy...I mean, I personally wouldn't run out and pick up his CD, but his stuff is fun and catchy. Shid, at least he'en locked down like Lil Boosie Bad Azz. :lol:

TP,
We are not in the same generations. I am only 25, I am actually closer to the Soulja Boy generation and I still think he is garbage.

Thank you!! :rolleyes: I've been screaming that same shat for the longest!! I wish I could find that interview that Diddy did with Susan Taylor of Essence (I believe that is his aunt or something); he said something along the lines of "Our parents didn't like Hip-Hop back in the day when it was fun, clean, and all about partying."

...and actually, I have to problem with the music of this generation. I don't like everything but I like a variety of music genres. I just take songs for what they are. Some of you all are acting like everyone is supposed to be a musical genious. Music is supposed to make you move, motivate you, and make you feel good. Dude gets the crowd moving and they like that.

And there it is. :clap: :tup:

U need to post this in that Hip-Hop bashing thread that I've been ignoring because my response will be the same as before- "YA'LL NICCA's IS JUST OLD!" :emlaugh:

Kanye can open a show like no other. Gotdayum! He a cocky Sumbitch but he can put on a show. CB upstaged Trey Songz and Trey Songz suppose to the new star. CB danced his ass off. Dat Man in the Mirror song was like he was singing about himself. It was a helluva show! STC enjoyed it. AK gotta mega booty! GOTTDAMMM!

Seems like the light skin brothers are back. :tup:

loooooong over dude..lol....

TV 1 was even showing Shemar Moore movies all night :lol:

Thank you!! :rolleyes: I've been screaming that same shat for the longest!! I wish I could find that interview that Diddy did with Susan Taylor of Essence (I believe that is his aunt or something); he said something along the lines of "Our parents didn't like Hip-Hop back in the day when it was fun, clean, and all about partying."

And there it is. :clap: :tup:

U need to post this in that Hip-Hop bashing thread that I've been ignoring because my response will be the same as before- "YA'LL NICCA's IS JUST OLD!" :emlaugh:

I don't know soror. A lot older folks bashed hip hop back in my generation because it was brand new to them. It was their first exposure to it. Hip Hop aint brand new to us OLD heads now. We came up on it. We know what is supposed to be. We just know the record companies are flooding the market with garbage. Some cats like Lupe Fiasco are pretty good. But that Soulja Boy and some of that other crap is crap. Even the music is mundane. It aint bumping like talking about. I rather listen to Lil Jon and his crunk music. Some of the Hip Hop is okay. But it aint on the level it was in the 80s and 90s or even the early 2000's. Instead of getting better it is getting worse. You got the good ones in TI, Jeezy, etc that put out some decent stuff. I even like Rick Ross and that DJ Khalid cat.

The B.O.B cat is okay. I don't think it is a generation thing. Because I know alot of youngsters who hate their stuff. They are still wanting to groove to the old school. All of Soulja Boy and the like stuff sound the same. The record labels just copy one style and roll with it. That's why Jay-Z said death of the auto tune. I can feel what he meant on that. I try to keep an open mind and be objective about it. But the music today sucks...bottom line. Aint no sugar coating it. This will go down as one of the worse era's of music when historians look back at it.

Last edited:
Old ain't got nothing to do with it ....

Lil Wayne can Rap
TI can Rap
Lil Bossie can Rap

These guys sound like Short Bus Retards. :retard:

I don't care what y'all say

It will go down in history ... :D

Soulja Boy ... killed Hip-Hop

Corporate America killed Hip Hop. Assimilation of the hip hop culture by mainstream America started this downward slope in the quality of music, so that record labels could increase the quantity of music. That is why we see artist with no talent, creativity, and/or originality producing blah songs.

Maybe I am a little biased because I never liked Dance songs but I absolutely detest these songs, where artist go make up a dance in the basement with their homeboys make up a song. Yall can kill that generational gap mess, I am 25 but I have been nauseated with the state of hip hop for a while.

As I explained it to my wife Sunday night. It's simple. When most of us came up we listend to Hall and Oats, Billy Ocean,Phill Collins, Hip Hop and Rap, R&B, Jazz and Blues. It was so much great talent that the Gimmick Rappers were just that Gimmick Rapper.

Now Gimmic Rappers rule the airways and quality artist are pushed to mixtapes and other downloadable mediums.

There were so many hard hitting acts during our younger days that the toosie roll type cats only got so much love. Now Soulja Boy, Rosco Dashes rule the game and it's nothing but garbage.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
As I explained it to my wife Sunday night. It's simple. When most of us came up we listend to Hall and Oats, Billy Ocean,Phill Collins, Hip Hop and Rap, R&B, Jazz and Blues. It was so much great talent that the Gimmick Rappers were just that Gimmick Rapper.

Now Gimmic Rappers rule the airways and quality artist are pushed to mixtapes and other downloadable mediums.

There were so many hard hitting acts during our younger days that the toosie roll type cats only got so much love. Now Soulja Boy, Rosco Dashes rule the game and it's nothing but garbage.

Listen to "California Love" (a song essentially about nothing) and then listen to "O Let's Do it" (another song). You can't sit here and tell me that the same amount of effort was put into those songs. I came up on pretty much hip hop and R&B, I watched the quality go straight down.

STC has to watch the replay of the show. AK performed her ass off. When Kanye album come out? He went hard on Beautiful Death to open the show. Queen Latifah was a good host too. She still can rap.

I don't know soror. A lot older folks bashed hip hop back in my generation because it was brand new to them. It was their first exposure to it. Hip Hop aint brand new to us OLD heads now. We came up on it. We know what is supposed to be. We just know the record companies are flooding the market with garbage. Some cats like Lupe Fiasco are pretty good. But that Soulja Boy and some of that other crap is crap. Even the music is mundane. It aint bumping like talking about. I rather listen to Lil Jon and his crunk music. Some of the Hip Hop is okay. But it aint on the level it was in the 80s and 90s or even the early 2000's. Instead of getting better it is getting worse. You got the good ones in TI, Jeezy, etc that put out some decent stuff. I even like Rick Ross and that DJ Khalid cat.

Frat, I don't think it will EVER be on the same level as the 80's and 90's....but I just don't see anything wrong with today's era having fun with it. Shid, weren't there a few artists back in the day who were considered "garbage," yet they were at the top? For example- MC Hammer. Ya'll know dayum well he couldn't rap a X-mas gift, but he entertained the hell out of us and made millions. Put on "Can't Touch This" or "Turn this mutha out" now and watch what happens. :lol:

I try to keep an open mind and be objective about it. But the music today sucks...bottom line.

Now that's probably how I feel about R&B. :lol: I grew up on Hip-Hop, but R&B is my first love. :heart: Watching El Debarge on the BET Awards was certainly a breath of fresh air. :nod: :tup:

I'on know....maybe I can relate a bit more with da kiddies cause I remember old folks doggin out our music, hair, and fashion back in the day and now we've become those same old folks. :lol:

Last edited:
Listen to "California Love" (a song essentially about nothing) and then listen to "O Let's Do it" (another song). You can't sit here and tell me that the same amount of effort was put into those songs. I came up on pretty much hip hop and R&B, I watched the quality go straight down.

Those aren't the same acts. You can't compare Tupac to Soulja Boy.

Soulja Boy is Red Head kingpin, 95 South,ying yang twins..etc

I'm with you 100%. WE had beast rappers everywhere back in the day so they just outshined these gimmick rappers. We just don't have as many beast rappers/artist anymore. Kids wants dance music not thought provoking rhymes.

Last edited:
El Debarge rocked it too. Negropretty was singing his lightskinded ass off.
STC knows dat somewhere n da "Who is U" part of DFW dat Kennfolks was standing on his Italian hand crafted sofa and singin every word of Rythm of The Night.

We just don't have as many beast rappers/artist anymore. Kids wants dance music not thoght provoking rhymes.

Right! :nod: Cause I dayum shole wasn't tryin to have my thoughts provoked while gettin my booty shake on to Luke, 69 Boyz, 95 South, DJ Magic Mike, Kilo, etc.... :lol: I still say Luke shyt was FAR worst than some of the stuff that's out now. :what:

Even AMG back in 92 ("Bytch Betta Have my Money")....back then, I knew that song word for word.....now I have a hard time repeating his lyrics without thinking, "dayum, that is some fithy shyt he is saying." :emlaugh: That right there is my old age kickin in. :(

Right! :nod: Cause I dayum shole wasn't tryin to have my thoughts provoked while gettin my booty shake on to Luke, 69 Boyz, 95 South, DJ Magic Mike, Kilo, etc.... :lol: I still say Luke shyt was FAR worst than some of the stuff that's out now. :what:

Even AMG back in 92 ("Bytch Betta Have my Money")....back then, I knew that song word for word.....now I have a hard time repeating his lyrics without thinking, "dayum, that is some fithy shyt he is saying." :emlaugh: That right there is my old age kickin in. :(

Hilarious!!:lol::lol:

I went to a wedding 2 weeks ago and people were preppin, smurfing, tootsie rollin, doin the Kidd-n-Play, and everything else.. :lol: Did you see the reaction of those fans when dude was on stage? They gonna be "Crankin That for a while to come.

You can't compare nothing currently to anything in the past. This junk now and days has no quality. Popularity (quantity) does not equate to quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back