2010 BET Awards

Status
Not open for further replies.

BG

Report: Chris Brown To Perform Tribute To Michael Jackson At 2010 BET Awards

After being shut out of last year’s tribute to Michael Jackson at the BET Awards — at the last minute, to his surprise — it seems R&B superstar Chris Brown is finally getting a chance to publicly pay homage to the man he says made him want to do music in the first place.

BET blogger Gyant, who is in Los Angeles covering the awards show, has learned that the network will include Brown in its tribute to the King of Pop to mark the one year anniversary of his shocking death.

The details surrounding Brown’s appearance at the show has yet to be confirmed by BET execs or Brown’s own team but Gyant assures fans his source is “VERY reliable,†though he’s unsure of what Brown will perform.

http://neonlimelight.com/2010/06/26...ribute-to-michael-jackson-at-2010-bet-awards/

Report: Chris Brown To Perform Tribute To Michael Jackson At 2010 BET Awards

After being shut out of last year’s tribute to Michael Jackson at the BET Awards — at the last minute, to his surprise — it seems R&B superstar Chris Brown is finally getting a chance to publicly pay homage to the man he says made him want to do music in the first place.

BET blogger Gyant, who is in Los Angeles covering the awards show, has learned that the network will include Brown in its tribute to the King of Pop to mark the one year anniversary of his shocking death.

The details surrounding Brown’s appearance at the show has yet to be confirmed by BET execs or Brown’s own team but Gyant assures fans his source is “VERY reliable,†though he’s unsure of what Brown will perform.

http://neonlimelight.com/2010/06/26...ribute-to-michael-jackson-at-2010-bet-awards/

I've heard it suppose to be just one song and that is it.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Solider Boy and some dude named Roscoe just set Hip-Hop back ten more years in the Pre-show.

Tribute to Prince and Michael Jackson should be great.

Solider Boy and some dude named Roscoe just set Hip-Hop back ten more years in the Pre-show.

True....yet if you told that to someone that was 20 or younger, they'd say you were hating. Good thing I'm out here. No need to try to stomach watching a Minstrel Show.

SN: Is this the first time they aired this on a Sunday or am I lost? I haven't really just watched BET in like 5 years or so.

lol Roscoe

watch me show out:D

One of my church member's kid just performed with Eminem and is suppose to perform with Kirk Franklin.

True....yet if you told that to someone that was 20 or younger, they'd say you were hating.

And I would ask that person-How many of his songs have you listen to? None? STFU-because I at least gave the guy a try before I realized he stinks.

Which one? I know there was a guy with that name yeasr ago.

Chris Brown just got Redempyion after a year of being Black-balled, with his tribute to MJ. Them tears looked real when he broke down. Re-re must not be there.

Nobody can deny that Chris Brown did his idol justice tonight. Chris is an extremely talented young man. He made a mistake because he’s human. Chris is human just as Michael was human. We all make mistakes. It was not about Chris it was about Michael. We all need to look at that man in the mirror

Last edited by a moderator:
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PSq6eL7qs8M&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PSq6eL7qs8M&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I was SOO happy to see El Debarge! Man, that was it for me! :clap::clap::clap: Eminem was very good too.:tup:

Alicia Keys ... baby bump.... who in the world told her it was a good idea for a pregnant woman to climb on top of a piano to perform. She took a married man away from a woman with 4 kids...:shame:

alicia-pregnant-e1277710595126.jpg

link...
http://bossip.com/

:lol: That man wanted to leave; if he wanted to stay he would have.

He hasn't left though. He knocked her up still married to his wife. If he truly wanted to leave his wife the divorce papers would have been signed and like a respectable woman she would be his wife instead of a mistress that is pregnant by someone else husband. If he or she is still legally married, they didn't wanna leave, they just wanted the sex.

I was SOO happy to see El Debarge! Man, that was it for me! :clap::clap::clap: Eminem was very good too.:tup:

Yes lawd!!! :nod: :nod: :jump: And I will be sure to get his CD this fall. :tup:

The BET Awards were okay, I suppose. There were a few moments I enjoyed such as the "Love Jones" moment, El Debarge's performance, and Chris Brown. PR move or not, I still thought it was touching. :tup:

Trey Songz butchered da fucc out of "Purple Rain." I already wasn't a huge fan of his, so all chances are now shot to hell. :lol:

Nikki Manaj- Where this chic come from? She looks like a Black Lady GaGa. :lol: :smh: I tried getting into her, but I'm not feeling it- like I wanna hear a female talk about another woman's cat. :xeye:

I enjoyed the Prince tribute, but I was disappointed that he did not perform. :(. Alicia did a great job- but I was a bit worried about her being on top of the piano. :lol: Janelle Monae- all I can say is if you are not familiar with her music and her style, then u won't get it. :lol:

Denise Williams......~sigh~ I hate that they even let her come out on stage. Seriously. :smh:

Overall, the BET Awards were okay. Nothing really moved me like some of the past shows. I'on know....I think my age might be finally showing. :what: :emlaugh:

Last edited:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Alicia Keys ... baby bump.... who in the world told her it was a good idea for a pregnant woman to climb on top of a piano to perform. She took a married man away from a woman with 4 kids...:shame:

alicia-pregnant-e1277710595126.jpg

link...
http://bossip.com/

Uh Thames. Didn't Swiss Beatz leave his wife before even getting with Alicia?

BTW, Alicia rocked it last night. The Purple one was pleased.

Folks need to get off Alicia and this whole baby thing. Swiss Beatz is a grown arse man and he didn't want his wife anymore so he moved on. Just like the rest of these celebrities do. Aint nothing new. Folks are whining just like they did when Angelina Jolie took Brad Pitt away from Jennifer Anniston. LOL.

He hasn't left though. He knocked her up still married to his wife. If he truly wanted to leave his wife the divorce papers would have been signed and like a respectable woman she would be his wife instead of a mistress that is pregnant by someone else husband. If he or she is still legally married, they didn't wanna leave, they just wanted the sex.

Cee they are divorced. Alicia and him are getting married in the Fall from all reports. I think all this is just media/gossip like the DWade thing when his wife claimed Gabrielle Union broke them up when they already had issues.

These celebrities leave their wives/husbands all the time. Aint nothing change. Why they make a big deal about it, I don't know. There is a reason Elizabeth Taylor, Clint Eastwood, Jack Nicholson etc...etc. have had multiple partners/spouses. Alicia and Swiss Beatz aint no different. Hell Sam Cooke's widow had not buried Sam soon enough before she ran off with Bobby Womack.

One other thing I forgot to mention- I'm mad at Will and Jada for allowing Willow to have her hair shaved like that. :smh: Dayum, I understand she's a fan of Rihanna and all, but uhhhhh.....NO!!! Hell, I was 14 when I wanted my hair like Salt and Peppa, but Bev wasn't havin dat! :emlaugh:

Cee they are divorced. Alicia and him are getting married in the Fall from all reports. I think all this is just media/gossip like the DWade thing when his wife claimed Gabrielle Union broke them up when they already had issues.

These celebrities leave their wives/husbands all the time. Aint nothing change. Why they make a big deal about it, I don't know. There is a reason Elizabeth Taylor, Clint Eastwood, Jack Nicholson etc...etc. have had multiple partners/spouses. Alicia and Swiss Beatz aint no different. Hell Sam Cooke's widow had not buried Sam soon enough before she ran off with Bobby Womack.

Yeah I knew they were over, but you know me JR, anytime I can point out the wrong doing over a woman I will. :emlaugh: I just love rubbing it in these women faces that they are worst than us. In fact we cheat because they make us do it.

:topic:
I dont think he was totally gone...

http://allhiphop.com/stories/editorial/archive/2009/09/26/21955360.aspx

But they are divorced now...

I guess I meant to say they were having problems before Alicia came along is all I am saying. Wasn't like Alicia broke up a happy home.

The funny thing is she is taking the abuse for this when Swiss Beatz was the one who left his wife in the first place. I am sure he told Alicia, I am out of there. LOL. Alicia is from Hell's Kitchen. She aint no saint I am sure. LOL.

Dayum! I missed Soldier Boy? He was the only thing missing from the show this year...maybe I can catch a replay of the pre-show.

I guess I meant to say they were having problems before Alicia came along is all I am saying. Wasn't like Alicia broke up a happy home.

The funny thing is she is taking the abuse for this when Swiss Beatz was the one who left his wife in the first place. I am sure he told Alicia, I am out of there. LOL. Alicia is from Hell's Kitchen. She aint no saint I am sure. LOL.

Well how many folks know who he is? Look at his resume versus hers. He's not doing like SUher's ex adn running up in folks faces and going off.

I just love rubbing it in these women faces that they are worst than us. In fact we cheat because they make us do it.

:lecture::clap::)

Chris Brown. PR move or not, I still thought it was touching.

I've heard folks say that since so many folks have invested in Takers (including TI as this is the first movie his company has worked on). However there are foilks who have done worst that haven't gone through that much hate-not even the guy Obama replaced in the White House nor Dick Cheney, Brandy or Halle Berry didn't they kill folks (by accident).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back