2010 BET Awards

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL...now I gotta explain why I felt the awards show was what it was. Since when did anyone on here have to (over)-explain an opinion? If it means anything to you, I spend time with my little nieces and nephews with homework and other things to help them pass the time without getting the usual idle mind.

Again, BET to my knowledge doesn't air anything that can help us, but a lot of us sure watch the buffoonery they air. But, that's how Viacomm wants it.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Heyal naw......Grace Jones started singing AFTER Madonna was on the scene. Grace is iconic as a model but Madonna and Janet set the standard for all of these wannabe's like GaGa.

No! No! No!

Grace had a hit in "Pull Up To The Bumper" 1979 release date. She was there before Madonna (early 80s) and Janet (mid to late 80s).

JR spittin' gospel in this thread w/ the evolution of good music. :tup:

No! No! No!

Grace had a hit in "Pull Up To The Bumper" 1979 release date. She was there before Madonna (early 80s) and Janet (mid to late 80s).

And she had a sleeper (which was later sampled by LL Cool J for "Doin It") called "My Jamiacan Guy", but after seeing the video on it, I couldn't tell who was who...lol

lol @ at all these Atlanta cats in here defending the crap that they city produces..

Last edited:
No! No! No!

Pull up to the bumper came out in 1981 but you're right she was in the disco era before Madonna and Janet.

Drake never should have dropped an album. What was the purpose?

Also, that Trey Songz hit "Yo Side of the Bed" actually sounds influenced by Prince if you listen to it. Some of the strings sound like an altered Purple Rain. ...and the Video is nice.

Heyal naw......Grace Jones started singing AFTER Madonna was on the scene. Grace is iconic as a model but Madonna and Janet set the standard for all of these wannabe's like GaGa.

Grace Jones was wearing the costumes Lady Gaga wears today 25 years ago.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/n4pLcN5AZtU&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_detailpage&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/n4pLcN5AZtU&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_detailpage&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Grace Jones was wearing the costumes Lady Gaga wears today 25 years ago.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/n4pLcN5AZtU&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_detailpage&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/n4pLcN5AZtU&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_detailpage&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

You're right. I forgot how influential Grace Jones was.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Y'all(fellas) are talking about the wrong thing that gave the BET Awards a boost! Trey Songs Mama! She is 3 fine!!!!

This year's BET Awards I enjoyed. Had a lot of good performing acts and entertaining. For the ones that didnt like it yall are probably the same ones that claim yall dont watch BET but yet seems always watch something on it.

Psisnake you right Swizzbeats is a beast. the best songs out this decade were mostly produced by him. Only dummies and groupies dont know that

lmao

Say bro. I feel'ya on the folks that claim they dont watch BET, but yet know everything thats broadcasted; that isht is funny lol. The same for these so called "garbage" rappers; they shole know what song they rap/sing, but they dont listen to it right?..oHKay lol

But yea, its a lot lameness in this thread; like fa'real smh.

Ucc'em

"Snake"

lmao

Say bro. I feel'ya on the folks that claim they dont watch BET, but yet know everything thats broadcasted; that isht is funny lol. The same for these so called "garbage" rappers; they shole know what song they rap/sing, but they dont listen to it right?..oHKay lol

But yea, its a lot lameness in this thread; like fa'real smh.

Ucc'em

"Snake"

it is bruh!!

the same *****s that said soulja bruh is garbage but yet was doing the tootsie roll. cotton candy sweet as gold let me see that tootsie roll. yeah im sure the 69 boyz uplifted the black community.

and i agree on the lameness

it is bruh!!

the same *****s that said soulja bruh is garbage but yet was doing the tootsie roll. cotton candy sweet as gold let me see that tootsie roll. yeah im sure the 69 boyz uplifted the black community.

and i agree on the lameness

yall preachin today LOL... you bout to make some folks mad in here lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back