20-21 SWAC OOC Basketball

Status
Not open for further replies.
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Looks like we're going to try to have a season soon. Lets all pray for a full and healthy season with no issues!

I think the season will start but won't finish. I definitely dont see spring football happening with these spikes. I pray for the healthiness of all of our student athletes. On paper the conference is stacked.

Last edited:
Depth will be tested because there will be 1-2 cases here and there but basketball can actually be done in a "bubble" as the NBA has shown and a lot of these MTEs are replacing a lot of OOC road games.

Valley still has 4 OOC road games for now but not the usual 12-14 that our AD seems to thirst over.

Like the Devilettes, Hunter has brought in a lot of transfers and replaced over half the team (including a couple of starters from last year). Treylan Smith was a big time steal for Valley out of high school. Him and Rice are definitely targeting Mississippi guys in HS and the transfer portal

Oh yeah. Ashley and Ford-Kee need to work out some type of deal as far as switching up those February 27 dates

Right now, the Valley/JSU football and basketball games are on the same date (Valley/JSU basketball in Itta Bena, Football game in Jackson). I would rather deal with both games in Jackson on the 27th than what is currently scheduled to happen

Depth will be tested because there will be 1-2 cases here and there but basketball can actually be done in a "bubble" as the NBA has shown and a lot of these MTEs are replacing a lot of OOC road games.

Valley still has 4 OOC road games for now but not the usual 12-14 that our AD seems to thirst over.

Like the Devilettes, Hunter has brought in a lot of transfers and replaced over half the team (including a couple of starters from last year). Treylan Smith was a big time steal for Valley out of high school. Him and Rice are definitely targeting Mississippi guys in HS and the transfer portal
I don't think college students can be bubbled lol

We need to do like the OVC.... each team in each division plays each other 4 times..... no traveling to other division..... each teams plays back to back days at home and back to back days on the road. Everyone needs to stay as close to home as possible.

I don't think college students can be bubbled lol

Unfortunately you are right (I've seen videos from a few schools (including Valley) of students partying without mask) but you can only try

I'm sure that they will test them before and after games but I would make sure they are quarantined 24 hours before a game to ensure they don't go to off campus parties and risk catching it

Here is the Grambling Men’s Schedule. I think we be bubbling up in Phoenix to play GCU and Arizona. We are waiting on one transfer. If he gets his waiver this will be coach Jackson’s best all round team. The SWAC will win a lot of out of conference games. I know I’m new here but I think this is the strongest I have seen the conference in basketball sense I start following the SWAC.

EB63951A-0511-4832-B2A0-14021BBF9786.jpeg

Delta Devils added a 5th OOC road game against Missouri State

Devilettes got replaced with Edward Waters so they are back down to one OOC game (no reason given)

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore

TSU basketball preview: great expectations for a deep roster​

By Richard Dean, Correspondent Nov. 21, 2020

An indication of how good Texas Southern could be in men’s basketball this season is that two players were named to the SWAC preseason first team and another on the second team. And the four transfers who were in the program a year ago and who all sat out, may be just as talented.

The Tigers are that good. There’s a reason coach Johnny Jones’ squad is the pick to win the conference regular season.

TSU basketball preview: great expectations for a deep roster​

By Richard Dean, Correspondent Nov. 21, 2020

An indication of how good Texas Southern could be in men’s basketball this season is that two players were named to the SWAC preseason first team and another on the second team. And the four transfers who were in the program a year ago and who all sat out, may be just as talented.

The Tigers are that good. There’s a reason coach Johnny Jones’ squad is the pick to win the conference regular season.

Dayum... loaded

I can't even get excited for the season b/c believe it or not ... basketball is one of the two SWAC's most competitive sport outside the conference. We always really make a name for ourselves outside the conference in basketball and baseball.

I would like to see an outside shooter before i order championship rings. Swac is a guard league. We must shoot better from outside than last year. the other teams can play interior defense when we don't hit outside shots.

SEC Network announced its TV slate for the upcoming season

Men

Dec. 9 Jackson State @ MSU 9:30 PM
Dec. 13 Valley @ Vandy 2 PM

Women

Dec.14 TxSU @ LSU 8 PM

Dec. 20 JSU @ Tennessee 12 PM

(Nov. 25 Valley @ Arkansas 6:30 PM is a SEC Network+ game)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back