2 SWAC Schools playing Morris Brown.....

Yo, Shelt a 'Skegee Grad, "I WAS WONDERING WHEN THE OLD IKE TURNER WAS GON SHOW UP" ....you know I had to say it.

There has never been a GREAT turnout for AUC football games playing eac other these last few years....how about the past 20 years!!! I have been to many a Morehouse/CAU game and Morehouse/MoBrown game and attendance was NOT that great. B.T. Harvey, CAU

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Yo, Shelt a 'Skegee Grad, "I WAS WONDERING WHEN THE OLD IKE TURNER WAS GON SHOW UP" ....you know I had to say it.

There has never been a GREAT turnout for AUC football games playing eac other these last few years....how about the past 20 years!!! I have been to many a Morehouse/CAU game and Morehouse/MoBrown game and attendance was NOT that great. B.T. Harvey, CAU Stadium, Lakewood Stadium are not THAT large and I can count the number of times it was STANDING room only....which was usually HOMECOMING. That's not to say that there weren't significantly large attendance, just not what I think it should be. You have to remember too, living in Atlanta, you got high school football, which draws SELLOUT CROWDS, SEVERAL college football teams in D1-A, D1-AA AND DII-AA, as well as, PRO FOOTBALL, BASEBALL, BASKETBALL, HOCKEY [and now we have an arena football team], plus a CLASSIC here and there, as well as concerts every weeek, MANY cultural events, and the lists goes on. I.E., folks have MANY MANY options on what to do to entertain themselves in Atlanta, as opposed to some of these smaller towns [college towns] where the local college football game is THE thing. And don't think that is a put down of smaller towns because it isn't. I'm just stating the obvious difference which is a big factor in why attendance is somestimes low at AUC games even when the AUC schools play each other. I am surprised at how many AUC students that don't even bother coming to the games. I know there are other reasons, too. But, I think the reasons I stated are the major reasons.

BTW, isn't Clark Atlanta Univ. playing Alabama State this year? Thought I saw that on a schedule somewhere.....maybe I am mistaken.

If not our record, then who we play.

You guys can't pound Tuskegee on our record that's for sure, so you have to find something to go after us on. Isn't MB moving from Div II-A to Div I-AA? I would submit that this has more to do with their scheduling of Div I-AA teams than anything else. Didn't they just get rejected by the SWAC in this on-going move up? Last I checked, Tuskegee is in Div II-A and has no plans in place to move to Div I-AA.

As for the gig at Skegee and the argument posed, I think we could say the same thing about all HBCU Div I-AA schools from the vantage point of the Div I-A schools. I don't see you guys, save for FAMU and one or two others, signing up a cadre of Div I-A teams on a yearly basis. Is there any Div I-A team that AAMU or ASU or any other of you guys who are piling on Skegee beat on the field in a head-to-head match-up that's twice/almost 3 times as big as you and that's a state school (or a much larger state school with vastly more funding) with vastly more resources and football scholarships to field a team? I think not.

,, and no yall didn't go to the "Troy State" card on TU,,,

Did somebody blast Tuskegee for not playing Troy State? I hope that somebody was not an ASU person because if I remember correctly, it was you people (save for Mighty Hornet and Slickpartna) that rationalized ASU not maintaining a series with Troy State,,,,,, "BECAUSE IT WOULD ONLY BE A-MAKING TSU MONEY!!!:bawling: " (,, never mind they sleep-walk through kicking your teeth in every time yall play them,,)

Now if it was Mighty Hornet or Sickpartna blasting Tuskegee for not signing up to play Troy State, other than them being a full two divisions beyond us, I would not take much issue with their point, but for you other ASUer who were beating the drums NOT to play Troy State "because it would only make Troy State money.:bawling: ", how dare you sit up here and now blast Tuskegee for not playing Troy State,,,, a freaking Division I-A team at that. Other than that, I'd say Tuskegee SHOULD HAVE played Troy State and FAMU. We couldn't have done no worse than ASU.

or Ole Hornet and Sickpartna,,

maybe that was Ole Hornet, not Mighty Hornet,, that was all for playing Troy State while the rest of the ASU crowd wanted no parts of Troy State and it's obvious why.

Yo, Bartram...BTW, I like that "Brand HBCUbian" tag;
Morris Brown was Div. II-AA but is now Div. I-AA and playing independent. And the SWAC did turn them down and I believe the MEAC did, too. The MEAC also turned down Savannah State which is also Div. I-AA and playing independent. I believe both schools are now looking into OTHER Div. I-AA conferences with members with close proximity to Georgia.

personally I would have loved for us to play Troy State. But what these people fail to accept (or maybe they have bad memories) is that we cancelled a CONFERENCE game against Miles, and rescheduling that game took priority over playing anybody else out of conference, and I don't care who it was or what division they play in. Our top Priority is to win the SIAC championship, not play Troy State!

Also FAMU wanted to play us but we had a schedule conflict. So duece don't come on here saying we're pretending to be a top team whenYOUR team hasn't beat us in 3 years. You shouldn't have even fixed your fingers to type that. Stop whining about who we play and BEAT us, then maybe you can talk, until then keep quiet!

JayThomas et al,,,

JayT, huge fan of Brand Nubian back in the NCA&T grad school days. :D

I thought that was the case with MoBrown. Too bad the SIAC is losing them, but schools must continue to build. I heard talk of a Div I-AA SIAC what with all the inevitable moves of various members to Div I-AA, but I think that was just here-say.

Shelt, never mind whoever brought Tuskegee into this thread in the first place. I saw no Tuskegee rep making any comments in this thread whatsoever. Obviously there is considerable disdain for Tuskegee from certain camps for obvious reasons.

Lastly,,, to all you Tuskegee detracting respondants, i'm going to be out of here for 5-6 days, and thus MAY not be able to respond to your replies,,, but rest assured I'll hit ya back next weekend at the very latest. :cool:

Again Tuskegee folk are trying to make this ASU vs TU, when they and everyone else knows that that is not what this discussion started about. As far as the TU vs Troy St. issue, that was merely given as an example that some upper echelon teams were attempting to schedule you, although you claim none would.

Every time ANYONE, especially a Bama State grad, makes a vaild point regarding Tuskegee the only thing they can say is "we won the TDC". Which as we all know is totally irrelevant, and has nothing to do with the issue at hand.

Hey JayThomas

I saw TxSU's schedule and we're(CAU) playing them November 9th.

Now as far as CAU is concerned, I'll sum it up like this...NO ONE WANTS TO SEE A LOSER......with Coach Tracy Ham, I hope he changes them into winners, but until then, there's too much in Atlanta for crowds to really support CAU football.

DAHILL, I remember that Miles game you were talking about....and the funny thing was we WON that game......:lmao:

Originally posted by JROCK

However, I dont see this as a money making schedule. If MBC puts an above average product on the field, the Grambling ball game may be a big draw.

MAYBE...MAN YOU KNOW GOOD AND WELL GRAMBLINTES AND THE LOVERS OF THE ICON WILL BE THERE.

It's kind of funny how Tuskegee isn't scheduling other SWAC or MEAC schools, but all the Georgia HBCU's and other HBCU's around the nation are playing SWAC schools. Tuskegee need to stop hiding and scheduling teams other than Edward Waters and Lane.

Hornetswarm,

I am truly amazed by your comment about how we're not sceduling SWAC or MEAC schools, when you know damn well that the majority of these schools won't play us or any other GOOD D2 school. The risk of losing is too great. Especially for the MEAC, who is too concerned about their RPI and making the playoffs. Will Southern play us? No. Grambling? Nope. Jackson State? No again. You know the answer as well as I do. So Why are you on this board acting like we are running from these schools? Hell If TU vs. ASU wasn't a historical rivalry, I seriously doubt that ASU would be playing us, a good D2 school these days. You'll play pitiful Clark-Atlanta, but you wouldn't dare call up Winston Salem or Fort Valley. Look at Texas Southern, they play Lane (the bottom of the SIAC) every year. If you're going to play a team in the SIAC, play one of the best. We play Lane because they're in our conferencce, just like you play Prarie View. Don't act Like you guys play power houses every week, while we play cupcakes every week, because that's bullsh!t. If you think it isn't, ask Alcorn if Fort Valley is a Cupcake.

And again, I marvelAt how someone from Alabama State, A school that has lost to Tuskegee 5 of the last 6 years including 3 games in a row, can fix their fingers to post about our schedule. Guess what, You're on our schedule. Either Beat us or stop whining.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by Shelt a 'Skegee Grad
Hornetswarm,

I am truly amazed by your comment about how we're not sceduling SWAC or MEAC schools, when you know damn well that the majority of these schools won't play us or any other GOOD D2 school. The risk of losing is too great. Especially for the MEAC, who is too concerned about their RPI and making the playoffs. Will Southern play us? No. Grambling? Nope. Jackson State? No again.

Shelt,

It seems that you are implying that GSU avoids playing you out of fear of losing. That has nothing to do with it! We try to play 1AA and above, but on occassion we have played D2 opponents if it was part of a classic. We recognize that you have a winning program, but unless you guys are willing to come to GSU or play as a part of a classic, then I don't think we will be competing anytime soon.

What's the seating capacity of your stadium. I think it's about 7500 or so? You know we are not coming to Tuskegee to play
in such a small venue. That's not a knock on your home facilities, but we have to be concerned about the $$$$. Maybe your AD and our AD can get together on setting something up that would be profitable for both programs.

Shelt,

The solution should be a simple one for Skegee if schools like GSU, SU or JSU will not play you...move up to D-1AA like MoBrown did.

And to correct you on one other thing...we do play smaller schools. We have the previlege of playing Langston this year. :rolleyes:

Wrong Again Duece.

Duece, for your information, Tuskegee wasn't even in this thread. None of the 2 lone Tuskegee reps on this forum had anything to say until one of you ASUers had the nerve to pile on to the original comment. I was simply browsing through reading the thing with no intension on getting into this one until somebody had to bring Tuskegee into it.

Then for an ASU person to have the gall to criticize Tuskegee for not playing Troy State???,,,, after you folks have repeatedly, REPEATEDLY(and YOU, SIR, have been one of the main drum majors of the, "we don't want to play Troy State" parade!), used that excuse about playing Troy is only benefitting them, therefore weez don't wants to play them, is totally wack I don't care if you are just bringing it up to question Skegee playing teams in higher brackets. My answer to that is we play YALL every year but why come yall won't play Troy, Auburn, Ole Miss, Arkansas, Southern Miss??

My position on playing Div I-AA schools is that I wish we would schedule more, but we are not planning a move to Div I-AA anytime soon, but at least we play ONE Div I-AA school EVERY YEAR. Can't say the same about ASU playing a Div I-A school, not even Troy State who was BEGGING to continue the series with yall. Your position, at least as we have argued in the past on Troy State, is that you want no parts of them. I find it very hypocritical for ASUers like yourself to come in here and attempt to pile on Skegee for only having ASU on our schedule.

One thing you are correct on,,, it DOES seem to always boil down to ASU-TUskegee,,, except from you folks. YOU are the ones that really seem to have a spur in your saddle when it comes to Tuskegee my friend. Why is that?

Well Swarm, it's NOT funny that yall won't play Troy State. It's SMART.

Because you'd get your teeth kicked in as usual, and you don't need the additional loss and season ending injuries. It's not like ASU is taking on the likes of Troy State right here in our back yard(which is a potentially great rivalry that packs the house), or scheduling Georgia Southern or Southern MS or even UAB either, so who are yall to question Tuskegee's scheduling?

Bartram & Shelt,

Let me see if I can put this issue to rest once and for all.

The only reason, and I repeat, the only reason people continue to make negative remarks about Tuskegee's schedule is that TUSKEGEE IS A DIVISION II TEAM THAT CRIES ABOUT BEING THE BLACK COLLEGE NATIONAL CHAMPION (not division II National Champion mind you, but overall Black College National Champion) WHILE PLAYING ONLY ONE DIVISION I-AA BLACK COLLEGE PER YEAR! ! !

Its just that simple.

Its kinda like Bama State playing Auburn every year and claiming the Division I-A national championship ! ! ! Its ridiculous. Even if Bama State beat Auburn four out of the last five years, it still would make no sense if Auburn was the only Division I-A team we played ! ! !

That is why practically EVERYONE, not just Bama State fans, criticizes your schedule.

As for Bama State's schedule, yes we played Clark and JC Smith last year, but we also played Grambling (twice), Southern, Jackson St., Alcorn, Alabama A&M, Texas Southern, and Pine Bluff ! ! ! We didn't play Lane, Edward Waters, Kentucky St., Albany St., Winston-Salem and Morehouse and then cry about being more deserving of the Black College National Championship than Grambling was. But Tuskegee did.

Hornetswarm,

I am truly amazed by your comment about how we're not sceduling SWAC or MEAC schools, when you know damn well that the majority of these schools won't play us or any other GOOD D2 school. The risk of losing is too great. Especially for the MEAC, who is too concerned about their RPI and making the playoffs. Will Southern play us? No. Grambling? Nope. Jackson State? No again.

YOU ACT LIKE TUSKEGEE HAS ALWAYS BEEN GOOD. I AM PRETTY SURE IF YOUR AD/COACH WOULD HAVE AGREE TO COME TO "THE BLACK HOLE" INSTEAD OF LANGSTON WE WOULD HAVE WELCOMED YOU. THE ICON, SINCE 1950, HAS PLAYED:
TEAM.....................RECORD AGAINST GSU (W-L)
BENEDICT..............0-1
WINSTON-SALEM...0-2
BCC.......................1-7
BISHOP..................1-7
BLUEFIELD.............0-1
ELIZABETH CITY.....0-2
FORT VALLEY.........0-1
KENTUCKY STATE...0-2
LANGSTON.............1-3
LINCOLN................0-1
MORRIS BROWN.....0-2
PAUL QUINN...........0-6
VIRGINIA UNION.....1-1

I DON'T KNOW THE RECORD OF THE SCHOOL WHEN GSU PLAYED THEM, BUT SOME HAVE BEEN PLAYED MORE THAN ONCE.

WE OWE A LOT TO TUSKEGEE YOU GAVE US CONRAD HUTCHINSON JR. ...THANKS!!!!

Bartram & Shelt,

Let me see if I can put this issue to rest once and for all.

The only reason, and I repeat, the only reason people continue to make negative remarks about Tuskegee's schedule is that TUSKEGEE IS A DIVISION II TEAM THAT CRIES ABOUT BEING THE BLACK COLLEGE NATIONAL CHAMPION (not division II National Champion mind you, but overall Black College National Champion) WHILE PLAYING ONLY ONE DIVISION I-AA BLACK COLLEGE PER YEAR! ! !

First of all Duece that's BS. Folks from TU don't do the Crying, it's D1AA folks who do all of the crying when they see us ranked highly. I've never heard such whining and groaning than I did after the 2000 season when we won the BCF National Championship. So get it straight. For the record we've played not 1 but 2 and sometimes 3 D1AA schools if you count Morris Brown and Savannah State. Even though they just moved up, they still had more scholarships when we played them, so supposedly they had the advantage. We won all of those games. We claimed a right to be considered BCF national champions before the SWAC Championship game last year, because we won all of our games except one and defeated 2 D1AA programs including ASU who at the time was ranked 24th in D1AA (24th out of over 100 D1AA schools mind you), as well as defeating one of the CIAA division champions Winston Salem (we later went on to defeat CIAA champion Va. Union 28-0 in the Pioneer Bowl). So folks complained about our schedule, but don't recognize who we played and beat (SWAC East champion, CIAA champion, CIAA runner up). After GSU won the SCG I don't think you heard anyone from 'Skegee complaining. We all acknowledged that GSU should have won the championship which they did.

Machiavelli and Same Ol' G,

You are playing Langston. That's my point. You are playing a weak D2 school like Langston. From that list of games, I'm willing to bet that very few if any of those programs were any good when you played them. Did your AD or coach invite us to come to Grambling? I'm sure if he did provided we had no conflicts we would have come. That's what I'm saying, your AD probably didn't even contact us. Or any other Good D2 program. No I don't act like we've always been good (we do have the most victories however). I didn't say you won't play smaller schools. I said you won't play smaller schools that are any good.

Same Old G, for the record TU is investigating a move up.

Our schedule isn't out this year but I know that we have 8 conference games, and 3 out of conference games 2 of those games are against Winston Salem, and Alabama State, 2 good programs. I don't know who the third will be but it probably won't be a D1AA school. Morris Brown decided not to play us anymore (I wonder why?). Savannah State stopped playing us as of last year (again I wonder why?). FAMU came calling but we had a schedule conflict. I applaud them, because that's very unusual for a good D1AA program to want to play a good D2 program. We'll probably end up playing another CIAA school or maybe a PWC D2 school or maybe even Ed. Waters (though I hope not). Who else are we supposed to play?

Machiavelli and Same Ol' G,

You are playing Langston. That's my point. You are playing a weak D2 school like Langston. From that list of games, I'm willing to bet that very few if any of those programs were any good when you played them. Did your AD or coach invite us to come to Grambling? I'm sure if he did provided we had no conflicts we would have come. That's what I'm saying, your AD probably didn't even contact us. Or any other Good D2 program. No I don't act like we've always been good (we do have the most victories however). I didn't say you won't play smaller schools. I said you won't play smaller schools that are any good.

Same Old G, for the record TU is investigating a move up.

Our schedule isn't out this year but I know that we have 8 conference games, and 3 out of conference games 2 of those games are against Winston Salem, and Alabama State, 2 good programs. I don't know who the third will be but it probably won't be a D1AA school. Morris Brown decided not to play us anymore (I wonder why?). Savannah State stopped playing us as of last year (again I wonder why?). FAMU came calling but we had a schedule conflict. I applaud them, because that's very unusual for a good D1AA program to want to play a good D2 program. We'll probably end up playing another CIAA school or maybe a PWC D2 school or maybe even Ed. Waters (though I hope not). Who else are we supposed to play?

YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED. YOU COULD HAVE HAD A GAME SCHEDULED ON THAT DAY ALREADY. MAN AIN'T KNOW BODY SKURD OF KEGEE. SO NOW EVERYBDOY IS RUNNING FROM KEGEE. DID MOREHOUSE RUN? KEGEE ISN'T GOING ANYWHERE FOR A WHILE. PLAY 4 TO 5 ON THE REGULAR AND SEE EHAT HAPPENS. YOU HAVE A GOOD PROGRAM FOR YOUR LEVEL OF COMPETITION..LET'S JUST KEEP IT AT THAT. AS FAR AS LANGSTON, ERBODY WAS SKURD TO COME EXCEPT LANGSTON. DIDN'T MATTER WHO WE PLAYED, THEY WILL LOOSE JUST LIKE ERBODY ELSE. LET COMGEY START THE BEGGING FOR BC NAT. CHAMP TOUR NOW.

No I don't act like we've always been good (we do have the most victories however).

I DON'T THINK THAT GSU AND KEGEE STARTED PLAYING FOOTBALL AROUND THE SAME TIME SO I DON'T REALLY SEE THE NEED TO SAY THAT YOU HAVE THE MOST VICTORIES. IN THAT CASE WE HAVE A BETTER WINNING PERCENTAGE. I'LL TAKE MY COOKIE NOW!!!!

Back