2 SWAC Schools playing Morris Brown.....

bluphiiijsu

Creative Director
August 31 Delaware State H 7:00
September 7 Florida A&M A 7:00
September 14 Bethune-Cookman H 7:00

September 21 Clark-Atlanta A 7:00

September 28 Howard University H 7:00

October 5 Alabama State A 2:00

October 12 OPEN

October 19 Savannah State H 1:00

October 26 Samford HC 1:00

November 2 Morgan State A 1:00

November 9 Florida Atlantic A 4:00

November 16 Grambling H 1:00

November 23 Norfolk State A 1:00

This schedule looks good. It appears that they have games scheduled against the defending SWAC & MEAC Champions and Runner-ups (GRAM, FAMU,BAMA ST. BCC).

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Regardless of Division differences, I think its a shame that MoBrown's series against Morehouse was ended. Looking at their home schedule, NONE of those games will bring more fans ($$$$) to the school than a game against a school less than a mile away.

Originally posted by mighty hornet
Regardless of Division differences, I think its a shame that MoBrown's series against Morehouse was ended. Looking at their home schedule, NONE of those games will bring more fans ($$$$) to the school than a game against a school less than a mile away.

Mighty Hornet... NOBODY goes to those AUC rivarly games. The Morehouse and CAU game couldnt fill Morehouse' one sided stadium. Same thing with the CAU and MO B game at Panther Stadium. When I went to CAU, CAU and Morehouse played at the GA DOME, I could have yelled and heard my own echo in there. Attendence was worst than the Pioneer Bowl. It wasnt 5000 people there. The only thing AUC schools care about is basketball. The Morehouse and CAU rivalry may just be bigger than the ASU and AAMU rivalry. It is like a football games. One school on one side and the other school on the other side. Students were getting kicked out the game left and right for fighting each other. After Morehouse won the game, their whole crowd rushed the CAU side and started throwing whatever they had in their hands. I just sat back and said THIS IS A REAL RIVALRY.

Dahill,
Don't judge those games just by the year you were there. Because those games do draw decent crowds. Heck, if somebody went to the Cap City Classic in 2000 and saw just 8k fans show up for JSU/Alcorn, then they wouldn't have a true pic of nothing but that year.

Who do you think will bring more fans to Mor Brown--- Morehouse or Del State, Morehouse or BCC, Morehouse or Howard, etc...

You are selling these AUC games way too short. The CAU/MoBrown game (when they played on Labor Day) used to sell out MOB stadium. Those CAU/Morehouse games at the dome have had attendances of over 15K

Originally posted by mighty hornet
Dahill,
Don't judge those games just by the year you were there. Because those games do draw decent crowds. Heck, if somebody went to the Cap City Classic in 2000 and saw just 8k fans show up for JSU/Alcorn, then they wouldn't have a true pic of nothing but that year.

Who do you think will bring more fans to Mor Brown--- Morehouse or Del State, Morehouse or BCC, Morehouse or Howard, etc...

You are selling these AUC games way too short. The CAU/MoBrown game (when they played on Labor Day) used to sell out MOB stadium. Those CAU/Morehouse games at the dome have had attendances of over 15K

The CAU and MO B game was a HOME game for CAU 2 years ago and it didnt even sell out that lil stadium that CAU has. High school games at Herndon draw WAYYYYY more than MO B or any AUC school could. CAU and MO B only played at the dome once, since Herndon was rebuilt. That was in 2000 and there was nowhere close to 15000 people there. You may be referring to the MO B and CAU games that use to be at the dome. The MO B and BCC game will have more people than any AUC game. It is the same day as the ATL Classic, but at night. After the ATL Classic everybody walks over to Herndon. (well that is how it was in 2000). I went to one CAU game where i PROMISE, you could count how many people were at the game. It wasnt more than 150 people there and out of that 100 were from Miles. It looked there were only 2 bands in the stadium and the football and cheerleaders. For the schools to all be on one campus, you would think they would have a Magic City Classic type rivalry. They dont give a damn about football . They are basketball schools.

Dahill,
You can twist whatever way you want, I know you don't believe that a Del State or a Howard would bring more fans than a Morehouse. Neither will Del State, Howard, etc. generate more interest among Mo Brown fans than a neighborhood rival.

btw, as much as you're here discounting Morehouse having any fans against MB, isn't it interesting that Morehouse has a higher average football attendance than "some" SWAC schools?

hmmmm......
:p

Dahill is correct.. I went to CAU for 2 semesters and no one attends their football games...

THE AUC does much better in Basketball attendance than they do in Football.......

Being that I attended CAU, I saw what the AUC(Morehouse, Morris Brown included) goes through...students are just not interested..TRUST ME.... They were even putting those games in the Dome... waste of time, money, and space.

Even the Norfolk State game brought more fans than their rival schools...

This does not go over just 1 or 2 years...this is avg the past decade..... THE AUC DOES NOT CARE ABOUT FOOTBALL.... you would think these are school up north that ONLY are into BASKETBALL.....

Fact: Morehouse avg. over 10K this year (I think it was even higher last year, cause I remember they avg. more than JSU (I ribbed the Mafia for a long time bout that)

Fact: Morris Brown is less than a mile away from Morehouse

Fact: These schools are rivals

Fact: Del State, Howard, BCC will not bring nearly the amount of fans to the game that a damn school across the street will.

It seems that yall trying to lump all the AUC schools in one bunch. While all of their attendance suck, they have to get what they can get.

Bottom line, regardless of their attendance at other games, a Morehouse vs MBC game will outdraw a MBC vs Del State game. or a MBC vs Samford game or a MBC vs Savannah game etc....

Don't tell me yall don't agree with that????????

Some of Morris Brown home games from 2001....

MB vs Savannah St Oct 20 Attendance: 7,158
MB vs Morgan St. Oct 27 Attendance: 13,288
Mb vs Norfolk St. Nov 17 Attendance: 7,634
Morris Brown vs CAU.....Nov 22 Attendance: 5,319

CAU is next to Morehouse and Morris Brown....CAU is larger than ALL schools in the AUC....now how do you figure the Morehouse rivalry is larger????
Morehouse just started winning games........and well CAU...we will not even go there....

Man, the point I'm making is that MoBrown's attendance would be higher with Morehouse. Apparently, Morehouse has the best football following in the AUC.

btw, that CAU/MoBrown was on Thanksgiving Day (after being rescheduled the week after Sep 11) . That was a bad move to have the game then.

Still waiting on you to tell me that you disagree that a Morehouse game would mean more $$$ for MoBrown as opposed to a game vs Del State!!!!!!

Don't you think the normal apathetic MoBrown fan would be MUCH more motivated to go to a game if they're playing Morehouse as opposed to Del State

Don't you think more Morehouse fans would come to MoBrown as opposed to DelState?

Obviously it was not pulling the money or they would be still playing...
I am sure the same would happen to ASU if the Tuskege game started losing hype and attendance...

Originally posted by bluphiiijsu
Obviously it was not pulling the money or they would be still playing...

Not true!!!!
The word I've heard in the past is there were some disagreements among their officials. (plus they've had some fights in the past)

Heck, there were a couple of years that we didn't play Tuskegee and it damn sho wasn't because the game wasnt making money.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
IMHO,

In many instances particularly for smaller schools like MBC, attendance is a derivative of the product that is placed on the field. I remember the last time AAMU came to town and played MBC the attendance was over 20,000 although it was their homecoming. However, I dont see this as a money making schedule. If MBC puts an above average product on the field, the Grambling ball game may be a big draw. Other than that contingency, I dont see huge crowds in the ATL. The Bama State game can loom large (in Montgomery) if MBC finally gets on a role. Props to MBC for having a decent 1-AA schedule. At least they have enough pride to challenge the best in BCF unlike skegee hiding in d-2 acting like they are an upper echelon BCF ball club.

Originally posted by JROCK

At least they have enough pride to challenge the best in BCF unlike skegee hiding in d-2 acting like they are an upper echelon BCF ball club.

True.

What Choice does Tuskegee have????

Originally posted by JROCK
At least they have enough pride to challenge the best in BCF unlike skegee hiding in d-2 acting like they are an upper echelon BCF ball club.

They seemingly have no choice but to play the schools in their Division and Conference. They're still D-2, and will probably always be D-2. It wouldn't make sense for them to load-up their schedule with D-1AA schools and not play schools in their conference.......:(

But that's a 'good' schedule for MoBrown though......

Yeah especically when alot of D1AA schools won't play us. reason. Even Morris Brown and Savannah State, 2 new D1AA schools got tired of playing us (and getting beaten). Why get beat and embarrassed by a D2 school when you can play a D1AA school and get beat.

And duece, you an ASU fan don't need to go there. If we're doing so much pretending, why is it that we keep beating you? Need I remind you who's won the last 3 TDC games? Need I remind you who's won 4 of the last 5 TDC games?

Originally posted by bluphiiijsu

August 31 Delaware State H 7:00

September 7 Florida A&M A 7:00

September 14 Bethune-Cookman H 7:00

September 28 Howard University H 7:00

November 2 Morgan State A 1:00

November 23 Norfolk State A 1:00 [/B]

Morris Brown has six MEAC schools on their schedule. I wonder if
they are going to apply for membership in the MEAC conference?

Shelt,

I know who has won the last three TDC's, and who has won four out of the last five TDC's. But that ain't got a dayum thing to do with my quote.

The quote was not about Bama State vs Tuskegee, although that's what you want to turn it into. The quote was about 'Skegee not playing a sufficient amount of upper echelon HBCU's to be considered a big-time program.

Please name all the upper echelon I-AA programs you guys have "played" (I won't even say "beaten") in the last five years. Both you and I know that the answer is ONE. And that ONE is Bama State. And you don't get to be big time by beating one opponent, no matter how good that one opponent is.

And don't give me that "they won't play us" crap. Troy St. begged you guys to play them last year, and you could have scheduled them for 2002. It is my understanding that FAMU attempted to schedule 'Skegee for 2002 also.

So either put up or shut up, or you will continue to get the lack of respect that you obviously are getting.

Back