2024 SWAC Basketball Tournament

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
How the defense player get elbowed in the face…. Refs calls offensive foul… go the monitor to review it for intentional flagrant….come out of the monitor and change it to a defense foul and the offensive teams shoots 2 free throws. The player walking around holding his eye got the foul called on him. YOU CANT MAKE THIS STUFF UP. I dont say refs cheat for a team… I just say the referees last night were horrible and everybody who was there saw it.

Yeah, that was really messed up!

Hughly was doing his share of beefing with the refs. I was watching on TV. The cameras were indiscriminate in showing coach and ref interaction.

That is the thing that always cross my mind when I watch AAMU head coach. Officials are only human so one has to be careful about bullying. The average man isn’t intimidated, as a matter of fact, if one crosses the line, one way or the other, it won’t work out in your favor.

Share Discover GIF

JSU women - represent the SWAC WELL DURING MARCH MADNESS!!!

You deserve a good seed.

Not sure if y’all noticed a lot of the basketball references from the SWAC last year moved up to bigger conferences this year. I’ve seen some of our refs in the SEC, Big 12, and AAC. That was the first time I saw the tall head ref last night all season in the SWAC. I watched him call a Rice V Tulsa game this year. Last night the refs were terrible, but I think they were told to let them play.
That's why I always ask folks who say officiating is horrible, EXACTLY what is horrible. It usually comes back to folks don't REALLY know the rules. FYI, a SWAC official was one of the officials in the National Championship Game last year, and the Final Four the year before that. Just saw a SWAC official on the floor for the Big East tourney final, and another in the SEC semi-final. There is a former SWAC official in the NBA. So all this "horrible" talk has to come with some specifics...lol...BTW, the tall ref (I believe it's Lucas Santos) has been in the SWAC for a couple of years.

Last edited:
Man. My G-Men are playing sloppy! sTu has been here and done that fellas! We haven’t! Settle the F down and play basic basketball!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
TxSU is heck of a team. The injury to PJ hurt he has been a Grambling killer. Shout out to my Tigers for winning the SWAC tournament. We were 0-28 in 2012 - 2013 I watched every game. This tournament means a lot to the GramFam and a lot to me.

Back