2024 SWAC Basketball Tournament

Great win G State, I liked your squad all season. With PJ it would have been a tussle. Doesn't matter, you are the champion.. Will be pulling for you on tuesday or wednesday whenever you play. Go G men, Your big men shot ball well. I love shot makers.. Its a lot of shot takers.

I would imagine geographics have something to do with scheduling, along with working around officials' schedules in other conferences. And that comparison to coaches moving up isn't really a good one. Not many SWAC coaches have truly taken the proverbial "next step" in their careers.

As for consistency, again, I disagree. Officials try to manage the game. If the gameplay dictates that whistles need to be blown, they blow the whistles. I still stand by what I say. Most of these complaints are from people who don't TRULY have an understanding of the rulebook, and just know them at the most basic, streetball levels.

I didn't say Swac coaches moving up, I said coaches because that's what happens all over the business. Officials have mismanaged plenty of games. It's like a umpire moving the strike zone on a pitcher from inning to inning. I think I do understand the rules of the game and the workflow of a game. If you're consistent in the calls the game will play that way even if you're bad at it. It will be a badly played game.

Grambling looks like a pretty good ball club to me. I believe they will do well regardless of who it is. I just need them to be who they are and not get too high or low.

Congratulations to the Ladies of JSU on landing the #14 seed. That’s a wonderful accomplishment for a SWAC program. Especially after they expanded this the tournament. Looking at the match ups, it’s safe to say that JSU actually had a legitimate chance at having a #12 Seed had they beaten 1 Division I Major opponent. The St Johns win got them past a #16 seed, and the streak got them past the #15, and the Conference Dominance got them to #14. A

It’s going to be rough to take down a greatly coached and Championship Program in UConn, but JSU is good enough to shock the world. Good luck to them!

Bethune Cookman, Delaware State and Chicago State in CBI.

I see the new WBIT tournament is the next in line tournament for the women teams that miss the NCAA....(paid for by the NCAA)

Yes the WNIT is the one that's not affiliated with the NCAA & gave Grambling the invite. This new WBIT shows the NCAA commitment to getting big names in this & the men's NIT. Fewer mid majors & no HBCU'S in the 2 NCAA events.

Back