HBCU football coaches talk cost-benefit analysis of playing money games

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
100% on the morale thing. I understand why they have to be played but when you basically pimp the basketball and football teams because you can't raise money it's a recipe for disaster. The concept of smart scheduling is foreign to her

The thing about it is that it's not just a HBCU problem, it occurs all thru the FCS ranks.
You take the lumps for 1 game in football (for most cases), what about all the lumps the basketball teams take during the non conference portion of their season.

What about when Edward Waters was jsu's sparring partner in the spring?
Big difference between HBCUs and Power 5 elite SEC schools bro. You know this. Edward Waters could compete with Valley just like Miles competed with SU and ASU!

The thing about it is that it's not just a HBCU problem, it occurs all thru the FCS ranks.
You take the lumps for 1 game in football (for most cases), what about all the lumps the basketball teams take during the non conference portion of their season.

FCS ranks AND FBS ranks. A couple of Sun Belt teams have gotten over $900K to beat SEC teams recently so it ain't just us. I do think that no SWAC teams has no business playing any ranked FBS team.

@ 2nd bold. It has been going on at Valley and TxSU for at least a solid decade or so and no one blinks an eye. They have morale as well.

What about when Edward Waters was jsu's sparring partner in the spring?

It's even worse because they were NAIA in the Spring transitioning to D2 three levels below. UAPB played Lane, SU and ASU have played Miles and FAMU has played FVSU which is a level below. No one blinked an eye.

Big difference between HBCUs and Power 5 elite SEC schools bro. You know this. Edward Waters could compete with Valley just like Miles competed with SU and ASU!

When did ULM get into a P5 conference?

These in-state schools are now spreading the wealth to other in-state schools (LSU-SU & GSU, TAMU-PVAMU, Baylor-TxSu) and others as the future OOC games scheduled has shown.

When did ULM get into a P5 conference?

These in-state schools are now spreading the wealth to other in-state schools (LSU-SU & GSU, TAMU-PVAMU, Baylor-TxSu) and others as the future OOC games scheduled has shown.
They arent

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I actually agree with Coach Prime on this one. All money ain't good money. Yet, the problem is our universities need to design better fundraising campaigns and alumni and fans of the school need to actively and consistently contribute.

Instead of the same ol "$50-$100 dinner plate" and ask alums to donate just because fundraisers (and in our case, donate but absolutely flat out refuse to alums who contribute money despite it being their day jobs (along with being ADs, etc.)

The biggest cure for getting alums to contribute is winning sdo you can see where our problem is at there. Their disdain for the AD makes them not contribute which means she can continue to hold the program back because she can't raise money so she pimps the basketball and football teams out

As I said before, we shouldn't even think about schedule ranked or top 40 teams (your Boise State's, App State's, Troy's, Minnesota's etc)

So u don't want to address the lack of donations from alums
Nope. I’m at the point I will just do my part and donate. I am tired of trying to explain anything to people. Like I’m really really tired of hearing the excuses to maintain the status quo or constant bitching just to get out trying something new to continue to improve.

Last edited by a moderator:
How about ADs get up off their lazy asses and find innovative ways to raise revenue.
To much work for them. Most of them are just there for a paycheck and nothing more. Like there are so many free ways and models out there that other schools are doing to motivate alumni to drive up revenue but we keep hiring people with no vision or drive to try any innovative approach.

He is 100% right. I just cringe looking at these money games. How can you look at your student athletes in the eye and trick them out for a paycheck. Then comeback the next week and expect them to be motivated to win a conference championship.
By doing this you have set a standard in their mind to know their place in NCAA sports and you are also teaching them that students at PWIs are superior to you. And it also justify the blacks folks that are at these PWI’s narrative that they are superior as well. But I know somehow we will figure out to a way defend the status quo. Again I’m just going to do my part to help where I can. I am totally sold on what Deion’s is talking about from the names on the jerseys to create innovative ways increase our market share in college football.

Deion says drop "b" from HBCU yall going to run with it?

"We" ain't buying 50K season tickets - aint happening
"We" paying our coaches $250K or more now plus a staff, these games can take care of that in less than 24 hours - Deion ain't coaching for free
"We" have been playing these games for quite some time - just play a bad FBS program and there are benefits to winning such as A&T
"We" don't give back to our alma maters like we do the nail shop lady, the crab leg people at $31 a pound, the dry cleaners, the BMW dealer, the church, etc. so we got to play these games
"We" ask the students to fund a facility upgrade to which we don't even fill consistently whch would decrease these games but those things cost cash to build

80% of NCAA schools play these games - even the big dawgs play classic games to get more money

hell - "we" post on facebook like clockwork and making Zuckerburg RICHER and he censors us but refuse to post on this site consistently so we can make our own selves rich

again - why do we need these games now?

Deion says drop "b" from HBCU yall going to run with it?

"We" ain't buying 50K season tickets - aint happening
"We" paying our coaches $250K or more now plus a staff, these games can take care of that in less than 24 hours - Deion ain't coaching for free
"We" have been playing these games for quite some time - just play a bad FBS program and there are benefits to winning such as A&T
"We" don't give back to our alma maters like we do the nail shop lady, the crab leg people at $31 a pound, the dry cleaners, the BMW dealer, the church, etc. so we got to play these games
"We" ask the students to fund a facility upgrade to which we don't even fill consistently whch would decrease these games but those things cost cash to build

80% of NCAA schools play these games - even the big dawgs play classic games to get more money

hell - "we" post on facebook like clockwork and making Zuckerburg RICHER and he censors us but refuse to post on this site consistently so we can make our own selves rich

again - why do we need these games now?
STFU.... YOU ARE ONE OF THE WORST KIND! I will elaborate if you want me to! Couple of cocktails in my system.... :)

Back